Baconator

Comments

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Linked from the Luther Burger wiki page Guzzo posted... what in the motherfuck is this?

MY EYES!

i asked for sexy bacon pictures

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    BACON SHOTS NOW!

Ha! Ha!!! This makes me think back to a month or so ago when we got a little bored during happy hour, and that usually means doing some shots.

Well, the cook had just made a batch of bacon........

Yeah you can pretty much guess, but I muddled bits of Bacon and added some Makers and we had Makers Bacon Shooters.

Its was......

Not that good.

The bacon disenegrated in the alcohol almost instantly.

Its didn't taste bad, but it wasn't that good.

I will always love bacon. Bread and Bacon forever.

I'll keep the whiskey on the side though for sure.

The donut shop around the cornor makes Bacon Maple bars which are to die for.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Linked from the Luther Burger wiki page Guzzo posted... what in the motherfuck is this?

MY EYES!

this might be as close to a bacon-mobile as you're gonna get

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Bacon is the best unadulterated (not processed) flavor in the world followed closely by raspberries. Try to think of a thing that when cooked/uncooked, but not processed in any fashion and served alone is as good. It's impossible.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    You guys are forgetting the mountainous mecca of meat that is the BK Quad Stacker. It sees your Baconator and shrugs at its cowering impotence and utter inferiority. The Quad Stacker's 4 beef patties, 4 American cheese slices, and 8 strips of bacon chortle with contempt at this supposed ultimate meat machine. Settling for the Baconator when the Quad Stacker is available is like buying a candy red Mazda Miata convertible: you may think you're making a power move rolling with the top down, but when the Escalade on 24s pulls up next to you at the redlight you'll be filled with self-loathing at your own inadequacy.

GREAT 1ST POST

You know, I was about to say that but his first post was in the favorite beer thread, hommie's batting 1.000, never mind he registered two years ago.

that's right, I'm taking about beer and bacon.

Best new poster INDEED.

* Edit - Here I am at 2:25 AM reading a post about bacon.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

* Edit - Here I am at 2:25 AM reading a post about bacon.

If you're drunk you have every reason to be.

i can wake up to the smell of bacon sizzling in a pan? that would be most heavenly

You could always leave a george foreman grill by your bed, set your alarm clock a little early, wake up, throw a few slices on the grill, then fall back asleep. Waalah, you wake up to the smell of frying bacon. Just dont step on it.

hahaha!

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

Ask and you shall receive.

Courtesy of the Scandinavian Pro-Bacon League

Small potatoes in bacon camoflage

Fish-package with pea-pure?? and thyme

Bacon bread-bites

Bacon mini-baguettes

Mmmmmmmmm

- J

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    And no, I will not re-size these images!

- J

WOWZERS!

this thread haunted me last night. i kept thinking about bacon and told myself i was going to get up an hour earlier and have a proper savory breakfast before work instead of the usual cereal bar bagel stuff. then i realized i couldn't think of any places in the financial district that served breakfast.

• There's a place on California right by the Embarcadero center (like... near Front/Fremont?) that makes a tasty egg sandwich... I usually go by there early and get one when I'm in town... I've never had them make bacon, I'm sure they could...

do they have grits?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    WOWZERS!

this thread haunted me last night. i kept thinking about bacon and told myself i was going to get up an hour earlier and have a proper savory breakfast before work instead of the usual cereal bar bagel stuff. then i realized i couldn't think of any places in the financial district that served breakfast.

I'm in the same boat, except I managed to get up and cook some scrambled eggs so I could put them alongside some glorious, glorious bacon. I am fat and happy right now, and I still have another breakfast's worth of bacon left. I think next time I will make pancakes the supporting player in the Bacon Show.

• no.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    this thread haunted me last night.

Yeah, me too. I really wanted to eat bacon for dinner last night because of this thread but we went to this new-agey place and the closest I could get was turkey pastrami which was pretty bacon-like.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    If you ever really need an intense bacon fix...go to Ol South Panckae Shop in Fort Worth, TX and get the Bacon Omlette...from my estimation there is about 10 to 12 slices worth of Bacon (it is in pieces) on the inside and on top of the muhfugger...even I cant eat one of those ever again, it was I would imagine a bacon omlette would have been like in the Caligula household...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Yeah, me too. I really wanted to eat bacon for dinner last night because of this thread but we went to this new-agey place and the closest I could get was turkey pastrami which was pretty bacon-like.

I'm amazed at this. Turkey pastrami that's bacon-like? That must be the best turkey pastrami ever made then.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    There's a place on California right by the Embarcadero center (like... near Front/Fremont?) that makes a tasty egg sandwich... I usually go by there early and get one when I'm in town... I've never had them make bacon, I'm sure they could...

the Tadich grill?

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    I think next time I will make pancakes the supporting player in the Bacon Show.

You should try putting the bacon IN the pancakes.

You will not regret it. same goes for Waffles.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I think next time I will make pancakes the supporting player in the Bacon Show.

You should try putting the bacon IN the pancakes.

You will not regret it. same goes for Waffles.

You just blew my mind.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    im waiting for someone to put up pics of packages of bacon on an expedit, perhaps some wall pieces, start the weekday finds (bacon edition) etc.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

I'm amazed at this. Turkey pastrami that's bacon-like? That must be the best turkey pastrami ever made then.

Well, I'm fairly used to turkey bacon actually, but it was quite good.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    who else keeps reading the thread title like the beginning of "regulators"
    "Baconaaatooor!!!!!"

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

That shit right there is what caused Luther Vandross death!!!!

actually the public announcment was "complications from a stroke" he had about a year or so earlier but

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    The Wendy's down the street from me just burned down in a blaze of fire. I wish I had some pics. Pretty sure it was a bacon grease fire.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts

Bacon, egg, and cheese croissanwich - double stack!!!!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Bacon, egg, and cheese croissanwich - double stack!!!!

That looks crazy delicious!

• HeddyHeddy 131 Posts
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

If you'd like to make Bacon Martinis do the following.
    First cook some bacon and when nicely browned place the bacon in a widemouth jar filled with Vodka. Let the lovely bacon essence seep into the Vodka for at least a day. While you don't have to refrigerate it, if you do, it is easier to skim off the fat globules later.
    To make a Bacon Martini, fill a mixing glass or cocktail shaker about half full of ice cubes then add 2 oz of the bacony Vodka and Dry Vermouth to taste.

Stir or shake the Vodka and Vermouth. If you are using bacony Vodka from the fridge, you'll get a stronger drink because less ice melts and so there is less dilutionk. Strain the mixture into a Martini glass and add an olive or a lemon twist.. It really isn't complete without a swizzle stick of perfectly browned bacon. Enjoy

• "So you think you know better than this family, eh? Well as long as you're in my house you'll do what I do and believe what I believe! So butter your bacon!"

"Yes father."

"Bacon up that sausage, boy!"

"But Dad, my heart hurts!"