THE WIRE SEASON TWO?

1235»

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Marianne Jean Baptiste - from Without a Trace - also British and was voted for an Oscar for Mike Leigh's Secrets and Lies (a movie everyone should see).

Does she play a Brit in that show, then? I've never seen it.

Nope, an American!

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Whatever you said, i watch all the seasons carefully. I was amped by all the 3 previous seasons but the 4 was slow FOR ME. I didnt ask none to agree. Nor comment my view like a Republican would!!! Get off my dick a second and accept that people dont always feel alike. I still eagerly wait for Season 5. That still the best show i've seen since Oz. I liked Snoop. You happy?? But i still didnt like the way the script unraveled...That would be the ONLY thing i could say about the show. As the Euro-retarded-mayonnaisewithfries-communist-croissant-devilworshipping i am, you should expect that anyway.

mayonnaisewithfries

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Marianne Jean Baptiste - from Without a Trace - also British and was voted for an Oscar for Mike Leigh's Secrets and Lies (a movie everyone should see).

Nope, an American!

Ah, well, this simply proves my point! Black Brits will get work in US movies/TV if they do a good US accent, but nobody wants to hear their own accent.

I'm trying to remember if Chiwetel Ejiofor had a British accent in "Serenity", though - he played that part as a Shakespearean villain, so it would make sense to go all out with the accent too.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

I've loved her acting every time out, but her original music for Leigh's next film, Career Girls, really ruined the movie for me when I rewatched it recently.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    mayonnaisewithfries

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call it "aioli" and watch Americans scarf that shit down though.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Nope, an American!

Ah, well, this simply proves my point! Black Brits will get work in US movies/TV if they do a good US accent, but nobody wants to hear their own accent.

I'm trying to remember if Chiwetel Ejiofor had a British accent in "Serenity", though - he played that part as a Shakespearean villain, so it would make sense to go all out with the accent too.

well he had a sort of British (maybe they were going for Nigerian?) accent in the uber-terd called Slow Burn.

Whatever you said, i watch all the seasons carefully. I was amped by all the 3 previous seasons but the 4 was slow FOR ME. I didnt ask none to agree. Nor comment my view like a Republican would!!! Get off my dick a second and accept that people dont always feel alike. I still eagerly wait for Season 5. That still the best show i've seen since Oz. I liked Snoop. You happy?? But i still didnt like the way the script unraveled...That would be the ONLY thing i could say about the show. As the Euro-retarded-mayonnaisewithfries-communist-croissant-devilworshipping i am, you should expect that anyway.

lol. dude, you said:

You wish the takeover would go faster, but they made you wait season 5!!!...

uhhhhh...the "takeover" (if you indeed are referring to the transition from Avon dominance to Marlo dominance) takes place in Season 4 (some would say end of Season 3). there's no more Avon crew left. everyone's in jail or dead and Marlo is running thangs. in Season 4.

you are/were confused. that's what I was referring to. get over it.

mayonnaisewithfries

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call it "aioli" and watch Americans scarf that shit down though.

LOL - mayonanise makes me gag - all the garlic in the world can't help that stuff!

Well, thats why we didnt understand each other. I didn't call that a take-over. I tought it started at the end of season 4 really. But i could understand where you're going, so no need to get all fizzy just because i got bored with the last episodes of season 4. Its not a big deal.

I didn't call that a take-over. I tought it started at the end of season 4 really.

nope, you're still not makin sense dude. sorry.

either you never watched seasons 3 and 4 or you need to watch them again with the sound on.

by the end of season 3 avon and cutty and bird are locked up and stringer is dead.

by the beginning of season 4 marlo has taken over nearly all avon territory and by end of season 4 the last remaining avon soldier has been forced to work for marlo and then is ultimately killed.

now what are you talking about?

by end of season 4 the last remaining avon soldier

That's what i'm talking about...I tought the Avon part would be over by now. That was just a "wish" as in "i wish it would be sunny tomorrow". NOT MORE. I was wrong in the aforementionned sentence. Typed too fast. And you know my english is unbalanced.
    And by the way, making sense on Strut is like shitting in turkish toilets, it's hard and risky. All i meant was i wished the takeover would be over. Voil??.

PS: I also dislike the Marlo era. I'm nostalgic of the Avon era. Maybe that's why. There's a freudian reason to my rant.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Some more Brits to be found on yo tv.

There's a bunch more too.. (we work cheap!)