BS!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Right place at the right time!

INSANITY in SF.

Fan mayhem going after that ball!

Bananas.

INSANITY.

I'm getting goosebumps every time I watch the replays.

Who's drinking in SF tonight?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Hank's message was a nice touch.

But damn, now how am I gonna peep Elizabeth Bonds on the regular?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Hank's message was a nice touch.

But damn, now how am I gonna peep Elizabeth Bonds on the regular?

REAL TALK.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Who's drinking in SF tonight?

Present!

I'm just glad it's over, and now it's just another blown late inning lead for the Giants and another crappy Zito appearance.

I was a little choked up by Aaron's video message, though.

I got kinda choked up watching that old white guy in the stands getting teary-eyed. Was it his mentor or somebody?

And also when Bonds said thank you to his father that passed away.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    that was a great call by Duane Kuiper.

Does this mean Barry sits the rest of the season or play 7innings in games?

btw, a mets fan who flew in from queens the day of caught the ball.

can we get barry to bring back the cross earring he used to wear?

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    I got kinda choked up watching that old white guy in the stands getting teary-eyed. Was it his mentor or somebody?

And also when Bonds said thank you to his father that passed away.

might have been peter mcgowan, i think he is the chief principal owner of the giants. something to that effect. was it the pasty looking white dude?

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts

Fan mayhem going after that ball!

Serious, I'm more interested in seeing this than anything. I bet it will not look like humanity's finest hour.

HATTEURS

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Punk ass steroid Barry Bonds. This shit is wack. Who cares?

HANK AARON WILL ALWAYS BE THAT REAL DUDE!

Big up to Hank Aaron

• Yesterday was a very sad day in baseball. Yes, I am mad.

• haha..that is great.

• I'm glad to see that most people agree when it comes to this.

This man tainted the game forever.

Come on, A-Rod.

• Yesterday was a very sad day in baseball. Yes, I am mad.

Agreed.

Fraud.

• This man tainted the game forever.

I'm no Bonds cheerleader but puh-leeze.

There are many many men who put the TAINT on MLB. Bonds is just the most focal for many reasons, chief among them is that some of the most hardcore cheaters done retired or slunk off in shame.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Dude is jucied like Ben Johnson. Its a sad day in sports when the home run king is on roids.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Question: when Barry's eligible for the Hall of Fame, will he get the McGwire treatment? (Let's assume that no new allegations or evidence comes out besides what's out there now)

• Options
    I wish Griffey didn't have all those injuries, it'd be a whole different story I think. ARod might not have even caught him had he stayed healthy. Remember he was the first on track to break Maris' record until he got hurt one season?

• This man tainted the game forever.

I'm no Bonds cheerleader but puh-leeze.

There are many many men who put the TAINT on MLB. Bonds is just the most focal for many reasons, chief among them is that some of the most hardcore cheaters done retired or slunk off in shame.

Sure there are plenty of guys that also make MLB look bad..but they arent the one that just broke the biggest record in the history of baseball and STOLE it from a real player.

• Options
    Question: when Barry's eligible for the Hall of Fame, will he get the McGwire treatment? (Let's assume that no new allegations or evidence comes out besides what's out there now)

I've heard some reporters who have votes state that his case is a bit different because he was a great player before he inflated his body. When he went 40/40 he was still skinny Barry. The thinking is that he would have had a hall of fame career even without the 'roids, but that's only a handful of opinions. I don't think McGwire will ever get in, but I think they might get Barry in eventually maybe not on the first or second ballot though.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    strutters cas, djanna and myself were all on hand to witness this hsitoric moment in person.

Barry Bonds is the greatest baseball player ever to have used roids. And most of the great players of the last decade used roids. So yeah...

oh, and:

he would have had a hall of fame career even without the 'roids

basically I am saying all y'all salt shakers should fall back.

roids don't give you the pure, natural swing that Barry possesses. dude is dude and many of the best MLB players will tell you: he was/is a great ball player.

(now that the record is behind him, I'd like to see the $$$ freed up for some decent under-40 yrs old players on the roster and NO ZITO for next season.)

PS y'all sound REAL ASSHURT.

pffffff....dudes: the GAMES[/b] done changed.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    PS y'all sound REAL ASSHURT.

Mark Cuban actually wrote pretty well about the whole thing-
    Congrats Barry Bonds
    Aug 6th 2007 8:13AM

You did it. Not only did you tie the record, but you have done it on your own terms.

No amount of discussion can minimize how difficult that must have been for him No disrespect to Hammering Hank. I remember exactly where I was April 8Th 1974. Hank Aaron had the mountains of his generation to climb to pass Babe Ruth. He took on segregation, integration and prejudice to pass Babe Ruth.. There is not an accomplishment in sport that can reduce the importance of what Mr Aaron accomplished. He will always be revered.

Barry Bonds shouldn't be revered for his accomplishments, but he certainly should be respected as one of Baseball's all time best. Barry Bonds should be appreciated for being the most prolific home run hitter in baseball history when he breaks the record.

Every generation of sport has its own unique fingerprint of change. Every generation of sport has traditions that have been retained and those that have been lost. For some reason there are a lot of baseball fans who seem not to recognize the challenges of each generation. That only the "gold old days" mattered.

The PR problem Barry Bonds faces is that all baseball fans know far less about players from their past than they think they do, and that allows them to think far more fondly of them.

Those of us who grew up pre cable, satellite and Internet don't know nearly as much about our sports icons from the early '80s and before as we think we do. Back then we got the game of the week and Sports Illustrated as our source of national baseball information.

Barry Bonds has had the misfortune of winding up his career and tying the record in the generation of Massive Media. The last 10 years , with the advent of satellite TV, digital cable, the Internet and even camera phones, have placed every minute of Barry (and most prominent figures) lives under continuous scrutiny. Unlike the legendary stories in baseball history that were never made public at the time they happened to protect the player involved, today there is a "bounty of fame" on any person or outlet who can catch Barry in anything that can be sold to an Internet site or any of the sports TV networks across the country.

The escalation of scrutiny, even since late 90's annual Home Run Derbies , has been dramatic. Everything is on video these days.

Barry, rather than taking the "film me please, I'm a celebrity" approach to media scrutiny, has done everything he possibly can to live his life on his own terms. He hasn't been media friendly. He has been family friendly... to his own family.

I respect that to no end. [/b]

In 25 years any controversy associated with Barry's quest for the record will be long forgotten. In 2032, For all the video available on demand that would allow the most die hard fan to relive these 2007 moments as if it were happening in real time, they wont. In 2032 there will be something new that captures our imagination and attention while we yearn, like every generation before us, for the Good Old Days when we watched the great players of our youth, Bonds, Arod, Glavine reach milestones that gave us something to cheer about.
    http://www.blogmaverick.com/2007/08/06/congrats-barry-bonds/

• pffffff....dudes: the GAMES[/b] done changed.

No excuse.

Fuck barry, and anyone else who took steroids. Get 'em all out the record book, and all out the game.

This record means nothing.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    There wouldn't be enough players left to fill rosters. Not apologist, just sayin'.