What happened to the Jonny Paycheck rap thread?

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I heard he had MCs takin' lyrical dirtnaps!

Comments

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    i missed it. was he doing the knowledge? who deleted it?!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    i missed it. was he doing the knowledge? who deleted it?!

These are the questions.

The promise of Jonny Paycheck rapps was dangled tantalizingly before us by a newly-registered poster and then snatched away with no warning.

I now feel incomplete in a way that I have never experienced before. I will console myself with drink and records.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Who would do something like this? Why?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    apparently, the man has a rap career that is

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Who would do something like this? Why?

exactly, I would have liked to read the rapps

• Jonny needs to holler. Feel me?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Hi guys! What's going on here?

Oh OK I get it. Rapitalism Records (the homie Kirby Dominant's label) is releasing a compilation that features the last couple tracks we did that never made it out as 12"s (I have test pressings! FUTURE RAP RAER ALERT) in addition to new material from his artists.

Wow, I haven't heard these tracks in ages! haha. Tight.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Oh OK I get it. Rapitalism Records (the homie Kirby Dominant's label) is releasing a compilation that features the last couple tracks we did that never made it out as 12"s (I have test pressings! FUTURE RAP RAER ALERT) in addition to new material from his artists.

I've got one of those test pressings as well. And as I've mentioned in the past, it's got a choice Paycheck acapella on it.

But yeah, why was the first thread deleted? I wanted to see how Kirb reacted to me comparing him to Mingus and Beefheart.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I've got one of those test pressings as well. And as I've mentioned in the past, it's got a choice Paycheck acapella on it.

But yeah, why was the first thread deleted? I wanted to see how Kirb reacted to me comparing him to Mingus and Beefheart.

is Kirby even on here though?

Did you miss the post by "Rapitalism" in this very thread?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Did you miss the post by "Rapitalism" in this very thread?

apparently so hahaha welcome to the board Kirby.

now take this thread to announcements.