Helicopters collide in AZ

thiskidnamed32thiskidnamed32 99 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
2 local news helicopters collide in Phoenix Az. They were following a stolen car chase when they collided. The guy in the stolen car is gonna be responible for the the helicopter crash and he is currently barricaded inside someones house. azcentral web page

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The guy in the stolen car is gonna be responible for the helicopter crash

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I dont really see how hes responsible for the news copter crash!

sounds like the dude was playing too much GTA

• The guy in the stolen car is gonna be responible for the helicopter crash

They interviewed one of the people in charge and thats what he said on tv.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    The guy in the stolen car is gonna be responible for the helicopter crash

If he is being held responsible for the accident, are they charging him with murder for the 4 people that died? Not that I think they should, just curious. The pilots should be held responsible for the crash. Charge the guy in the stolen car for auto theft. R.I.P. to the pilots/photographers. What a way to go.

• "When asked if that suspect could be help criminally liable for the deaths of the men on the two aircraft, Phoenix Police Chief Jack Harris said forcefully, ???Yes.???

He said this while they were still trying to catch the guy.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Bummer. RIP.

Perhaps TV "news" will start to you think what is news, and what is entertainment.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I hate to say it but I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. I figured it would be in LA but Arizona is close enough. When local Los Angeles TV stations will stop a presidential speech (slight exaggeration here) to go "live" to a car chase then you've got a recipe for disaster
    I covered a strike in LA back in 2000 and they had big rally in Century City. All the news choppers were circling overhead and flying so low that you couldn't hear the speakers on the ground. I kept waiting for two them to hit each other. Surprised it didn't happen during Paris Hilton's trip from jail to home and back again. Now that was BIG news.