NFL SEASON IS MOS DEF HERE

Comments

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

you forgot one GREAT image from the Aints' historic season:

and before you say "but who won the game, huh?", it doesn't matter- Philly and Nawlins were both watchin' the Super Bowl on tv.

Fuck a Sheldon Brown. Reggie scored a TD on that drive so who gives a fuck. I see y'all though. I watch Eagles boards. Cling to that one play.

In all seriousness, as great a hit as that was (one of the best I ever saw in my life, and I been watchin' football for a long azz time), I was even MORE impressed by the way Bush shook it off and came back, running as strong as ever after missing just one play. I mean, I thought the brotha was DONE after his azz got popped like that. That told me all I need to know about Reggie Bush- dude is a serious, SERIOUS baller. A healthy career = hall of fame for dude, no question.

Now that's it for the nice talk... I am from Philly and I have nothing but unbridled HATRED for the saints, until we whup your azzes to avenge what happened last season. Saints are not gonna surprise anybody this year- let's see how they handle having that bullseye on their backs, like the eagles have had on theirs in the NFC throughout the 2000's. They are , just waiting to be exposed. Watch and see. The NFC is OURS again.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Do you follow football, SoI?

Yes, what's your point?

I know the Packers are terrible now, but they're still the best franchise historically.

eh, that's debatable - but assuming it's "true" let's just say that
    in the NBA the Celtics are the "best franchise historically" and I'm
    proud of that fact, but I also have to accept that they have become a
    laughing stock. Like the Packers. I mean, have they even THOUGHT about
    getting a new, able quarterback for that team? It's pretty sad.

Enjoy your teams while they're good because it won't last forever.

Yeah, I will - thanks. B/W

• Do you follow football, SoI?

Yes, what's your point?

I thought that you were English for some reason.

I know the Packers are terrible now, but they're still the best franchise historically.

eh, that's debatable - but assuming it's "true" let's just say that
    in the NBA the Celtics are the "best franchise historically" and I'm
    proud of that fact, but I also have to accept that they have become a
    laughing stock. Like the Packers. I mean, have they even THOUGHT about
    getting a new, able quarterback for that team? It's pretty sad.

We've only had one losing season since 1992!

Furthermore,

The Packers' fan base is famously dedicated: regardless of the team's performance, every Packers game at Lambeau Field has been sold out since 1960. Despite the Packers having one of the smallest TV markets, the Packers have developed one of the largest fan bases in the NFL. Each year they consistently rank one of the top teams in terms of popularity.[7] The Packers have one of the longest waiting lists for season tickets in professional sports with about 74,000 people as of May 3, 2007.[8] That is more names on the waiting list than there are seats at Lambeau Field. The current wait time for season tickets is approximately 35 years. For this reason, it is not unusual for fans to designate a recipient of their season tickets in their wills or place newborn infants on the waiting list after receiving birth certificates.[/b][9]

None of us seem to think it's sad.

• Phil? What's to be exposed? They have playmakers and a dude who's even more creative than your fatty. They just added more pieces on both sides of the ball. This is the NFC. We ain't goin nowhere. Nurture your little ball of hate. It's gonna hurt bad when we run it to 4-0 over two seasons.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Phil? What's to be exposed? They have playmakers and a dude who's even more creative than your fatty. They just added more pieces on both sides of the ball. This is the NFC. We ain't goin nowhere. Nurture your little ball of hate. It's gonna hurt bad when we run it to 4-0 over two seasons.

Phil is so asshurt he doesn't know what to do with himself.

Phil? What's to be exposed? They have playmakers and a dude who's even more creative than your fatty. They just added more pieces on both sides of the ball. This is the NFC. We ain't goin nowhere. Nurture your little ball of hate. It's gonna hurt bad when we run it to 4-0 over two seasons.

They are ... yeah, the Aints beat the no-run-stopping Birds in the 2nd round, but then let the Bears, who are ALSO highly with Rex the Hex Grossman at QB, have their way with them like Belladonna filming her latest bukkake special
    They added more pieces on both sides of the ball... who? Eagles castoffs? Simoneau last year and now the bow-tied banjo player Dhani Jones? That's just making y'all even more far as I'm concerned. And I hope you still got that cornerback, what's his name? The dude who everybody was toasting last year? You're not going back to the NFCC with these dudes, believe dat.
    You have some nice offensive players, I give you that. I expect Duece to be a step slower this year- he's getting to be about that age where RB's tend to lose a little something. I do also expect Bush to be incredible- BUT he's definitely not unstoppable (not yet, anyway) if gameplanned correctly. The young WRs did real good last year, but we'll see this year if it was fluke or not. Maybe it wasn't, but they gotta prove it over more than one season. Brees is a nice QB, no doubt... I STILL take a healthy McNabb over Brees any day of the week.
    I like your coach, but he's better against Andy Reid and Jim Johnson than he is against anybody else. He still makes some dumb calls at times. Again, he's gotta prove it as a head coach over TIME, not just one good season. We'll see this year what it really is, for sure.

I actually like the Saints a lot... you know it's all in good fun, GenePontecorvo. BUT remember- I am from Philadelphia and we beat down opposing fans like we mad cuz they stylin' on us. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE.

as for the other dude who had something to say, i do not conversate with those who enjoy pondering what kind of feelings are inside the butts of other grown men

as for the other dude who had something to say, i do not conversate with those who enjoy pondering what kind of feelings are inside the butts of other grown men

Yet, isn't that Pimp C you got there as your avatar?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    (though, they still have some age issues b/w Bru, Vrabel, Colvin).

Bruschi and Vrabel have been so consistently good for so long, I have a hard time imagining them falling off...but it has to happen sometime, right?

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Steelers this year--I'm cautiously optimistic about the season, but there are still some question marks, the biggest being: How will the team adjust to the new coach? I have this nagging feeling that the first year under Tomlin is going to be a very hot-and-cold one.

• Oh you wanna talk about teams?

Let's see...

Your QB, while awesome seriously cannot stay healthy. You know this. So that's a gamble off the jump. Then you got rid of the dude that miraculously lead yr team back from the grave. You got a 2nd rounder from U of H.

Westbrook is a beast. But the next time he plays sixteen will be the first. Deuce & Bush >>>>> Westbrook & Buckhalter

WRs. What a bunch of herbs. Baskett and Pinkston? You lose Stallworth. LJ is solid.

OL is solid.

DL - Again, can Kearse and Howard stay healthy?

LBs - solid group

DBs - Good CBs. Dawkins. Bigtime ??? at the other safety.

Your team has mad question marks. Deuce will NOT be slower. Believe that. He was on a 3/4 season return off an ACL last year. He's in great shape. Brees is also a year and a half off shoulder injury now. Jones isn't brought in to start. He's a reserve and a good locker room guy and he gets love from the media so that's mo' shine for us ya dig? Simoneau won't be starting either B. Simmons from the Natti brought in to be MLB. Fred Thomas may be the 3rd or even 4th corner now that we have SB champ JAson David in the backfield. Keep sleepin tho, ol' man.

if i were to conversate with someone who enjoys pondering what kind of feelings are inside the butts of other grown men, i would tell that person that i do not conversate with my avatar either

LOL at NFC fans arguing about football.

Is the NFC even part of the NFL anymore?

if i were to conversate with someone who enjoys pondering what kind of feelings are inside the butts of other grown men, i would tell that person that i do not conversate with my avatar either

Just so you know, I'm over here working on my 2000th wee wee.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    LOL at NFC fans arguing about football.

• LOL at NFC fans arguing about football.

Your team is too many playoff losses to Jake Plummer led teams removed for you to talk shit at this level, holmes.

Isn't there a futbol game you should be watching anyhow?

Oh you wanna talk about teams?

Let's see...

Your QB, while awesome seriously cannot stay healthy. You know this. So that's a gamble off the jump. Then you got rid of the dude that miraculously lead yr team back from the grave. You got a 2nd rounder from U of H.

Westbrook is a beast. But the next time he plays sixteen will be the first. Deuce & Bush >>>>> Westbrook & Buckhalter

WRs. What a bunch of herbs. Baskett and Pinkston? You lose Stallworth. LJ is solid.

OL is solid.

DL - Again, can Kearse and Howard stay healthy?

LBs - solid group

DBs - Good CBs. Dawkins. Bigtime ??? at the other safety.

Your team has mad question marks. Deuce will NOT be slower. Believe that. He was on a 3/4 season return off an ACL last year. He's in great shape. Brees is also a year and a half off shoulder injury now. Jones isn't brought in to start. He's a reserve and a good locker room guy and he gets love from the media so that's mo' shine for us ya dig? Simoneau won't be starting either B. Simmons from the Natti brought in to be MLB. Fred Thomas may be the 3rd or even 4th corner now that we have SB champ JAson David in the backfield. Keep sleepin tho, ol' man.

MAY THE SAINTS EAT 7000 WEE WEES AND GO 3-13. WHICH IS WHERE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE ANYWAY... NFCC??? THE FREAKIN' SAINTS??? OH, HELLS[/b] NAW!!! YALL PO' BOYS KNOW DAGGONE WELL Y'ALL DON'T BELONG IN THE NFL'S UPPER ECHELON AND WILL REVERT TO FORM JUST LIKE CINDERELLA DROPPIN' HER GLASS CROC AT THE HI-HO LOUNGE. DAMMIT YALL DONE GOT ME TYPIN' IN ALL CAPS STYLE AGAIN. GRRRRRR

Your team is too many playoff losses to Jake Plummer led teams removed for you to talk shit at this level, holmes.

Oh, it's okay - I had Jake on my Fantasy Team, and those losses (aka WINS!)
    helped me get the Official FOX/NFL Inflatable Party Chair w/Can Cooler Armrest!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    NFL Network had the 1994 Bears/ Viking nail-biter on last night. Kevin Butler shanks kick in OT... Moon to Carter next possession --- crowd goes wild...

• Lil' Hands Culpepper to Da Raidas.

Get that paper, JaMarcus.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Brady Quinn holding out too! Wants that top 10 money! Not gonna happen pretty boy.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Brady Quinn holding out too! Wants that top 10 money! Not gonna happen pretty boy.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    niners are making the playoffs this year.

s'il vous plait beleeedat.

I'm still skeptical due to the influx of new people, but given their weak schedule, I'm hopeful.

I can't wait for the first pre-season game, where I'm all excited for roughly the first quarter, then realize I don't care enough about whether Thomas Clayton will go beyond practice squad or if Getsy or Hill will be 3rd in the depth chart to watch the entire thing intently.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    does anyone know who started last seasons soulstrut fantasy football league?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I just heard on a local radio station that since 2000 there have been 306 arrests of NFL players!!!

• does anyone know who started last seasons soulstrut fantasy football league?

I dunno but I want IN. I ran the baseball shit tho and run two other leagues so I can't run this one.

But I'll draft a team and win.

Make sure you draft Randy Moss

• Make sure you draft Randy Moss

I'm intrigued, actually. Is he still dinged up?

Make sure you draft Randy Moss

Yeah, he's day-to-day but not too bad:

No Moss on Gillette turf: Injured WR skips practice[/b]
    By John Tomase/ Patriots Notebook
    Boston Herald Sports Writer

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

FOXBORO - So much for Randy Moss??? quick return.
    The injured wide receiver, who took part in Sunday???s walkthrough, was nowhere to be seen yesterday once the pads came back on.

???He???s day to day,??? coach Bill Belichick said.

Moss suffered a left hamstring injury while chasing a Tom Brady bomb last Wednesday. He has appeared at a pair of walkthroughs since, but no practices - be they in pads or shells.

It???s likely the Patriots are taking things cautiously with Moss, who has suffered hamstring and leg injuries in two of the last three seasons. He missed three games last year with the Oakland Raiders and there???s little incentive to play him in the exhibition opener Friday in Tampa against the Buccaneers.

He and Brady were LIGHTING IT UP in camp until he got hurt.

• Make sure you draft Randy Moss

Will not play this weekend...though, take that with a grain of Cape Cod sea salt, bro.

oh, excuse me - the insider is here now.

Should I just delete my post?

• oh, excuse me - the insider is here now.

Should I just delete my post?

Bow down to the :realhead: