NFL SEASON IS MOS DEF HERE

kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Reporting live from a sweaty Patriots Training Camp, it is official: Football is back.

Comments

• Football is back.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Duude. Football never went away.

Thank you NFL Network!

I'm excited about my Steelers this year... New head coach in god knows when, Palamalou locked in for another 4 years, and low expectations make for an interesting season.

• The NFL Network rules your face.

Fucking 80s "Football Follies" shows with Dan Dierdorff and shit. America's Game. Replay. NFL Classics.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Who's got predictions?

I say the Pats will go 13-3, winning their first 6, then losing 2 of the next 4, leading local pundits to question whether Randy Moss is poisoning the clubhouse chemistry. They'll then whip off 4 wins in a row, quieting the critics, before an unlikely upset loss to Miami. After a week of being ripped on the radio talk shows, they'll come back in week 17 with a vengeance and steamroll the Giants 42-13.

Pats win the Super Bowl. Bank on it.

• I guess football ain't hiphop enough for these dudes. They'd rather talk about the starting lineup for the Denver Nuggets.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    I am very much so looking forward to spending my Sundays at the bar again. September can't come soon enough.

I say if Eli steps up, plays consistently, and Tom stops being such a pansy (wishful thinking is an understatement here) the Giants take the NFC East.

The Bears will fall and the Saints will rise.

The Pats will have a good year, but will lose to the Colts again.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I am very much so looking forward to spending my Sundays at the bar again. September can't come soon enough.

I say if Eli steps up, plays consistently, and Tom stops being such a pansy (wishful thinking is an understatement here) the Giants take the NFC East.

The Pats will take the Colts in the playoffs if it comes to that...

i have bigger concerns on the pats aging LBs holding up to the grind of the regular season...but, come postseason, I don't see the Colts stopping 'em. Colts already suspect D took too many hits this offseason.

• Options
    I can't wait for Thanksgiving, Jets/Cowboys is gonna be awesome. I'm going to training camp one day next week, good friend of mine is a film coach for the team and gets the family access pass. Mangini and I are going to have some things to talk about.

Chargers and Pats are going to be tough again this year.

Any Philly fans gonna roll to the Meadowlands for the Jet game in October? I'll be there.

i have bigger concerns on the pats aging LBs holding up to the grind of the regular season...but, come postseason, I don't see the Colts stopping 'em. Colts already suspect D took too many hits this offseason.

I know, I'm in denial with the Colts defense. Still, as you say, their schedule isn't as tough as the Pats, so they might not be as beat up come 11/4 or play-off time. I wouldn't discount the 2006 Champions so easily.

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    niners are making the playoffs this year.

s'il vous plait beleeedat.

• Dude. G$. If it comes down to Pats v. Saints. Dude. I mean DUDE. Holleration.

Dude. G$. If it comes down to Pats v. Saints. Dude. I mean DUDE. Holleration.

if it comes to that, i'll see you in 'zona.

I know, I'm in denial with the Colts defense. Still, as you say, their schedule isn't as tough as the Pats, so they might not be as beat up come 11/4 or play-off time. I wouldn't discount the 2006 Champions so easily.

I hear what you're saying...Just that if it comes to one game for all the marbles, I'm taking Elvis. Over the course of the year, though, I agree with your concerns. It is VERY possible that the Pats start 0-2, opening at NYJ, then home vs. the Chargers. So, I see their regular season as a major concern.

If they can navigate that, though, I feel like they are a team strong enough, on paper, on both sides of the ball that they can own the Playoffs, and the horseshoes.

• Dude. G$. If it comes down to Pats v. Saints. Dude. I mean DUDE. Holleration.

if it comes to that, i'll see you in 'zona.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Football is back.

WHO DAT?! WHO DAT?!

I'd like to see some more predictions, starting with:

Which teams will suffer season ending injuries?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I guess football ain't hiphop enough for these dudes. They'd rather talk about the starting lineup for the Denver Nuggets.

Get w/ the times.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    going down to miami to see the pats/dolphins game in october!!
    cant fuckin waaaaiiitt!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Football is back.

you forgot one GREAT image from the Aints' historic season:

and before you say "but who won the game, huh?", it doesn't matter- Philly and Nawlins were both watchin' the Super Bowl on tv. THIS YEAR, though... I want the Saints. BAD. Them po' boys got me not even carin' too much about beating Dallas this season. I just want some get back on them cotdamn black and gold fleur de lisses.

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    fuck yeah, chicago native lifelong packer fan. I'd also rather see the brew crew do it real big instead of those chicago c H u M b P s (they do need to let farve go)

Dogs, I can't quite say how much fun this morning was. We had 4 cameras rolling on practice, with 6,000 in attendance...folks were lovin' it when Randy Moss caught his first pass, and when he tiptoed along sideline drills, the place went BANANAS.

Just shows how football starved people get...Shit is back in effect.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Dogs, I can't quite say how much fun this morning was. We had 4 cameras rolling on practice, with 6,000 in attendance...folks were lovin' it when Randy Moss caught his first pass, and when he tiptoed along sideline drills, the place went BANANAS.

yeah, keep us poasted on what those Pats are looking like in camp... on paper the offense looks unstoppable but that D has some definite holes, and you have GOT to have a sturdy D if you want to win a championship. looks like it's gonna be a very interesting team regardless

yeah, keep us poasted on what those Pats are looking like in camp... on paper the offense looks unstoppable but that D has some definite holes, and you have GOT to have a sturdy D if you want to win a championship. looks like it's gonna be a very interesting team regardless

Agree on the D, but I think AD Thomas is gonna be huge for this team; REALLY gonna shore up those LBs (though, they still have some age issues b/w Bru, Vrabel, Colvin).

Now, that secondary...Could be solid (not spectacular); could be a serious .

• you forgot one GREAT image from the Aints' historic season:

and before you say "but who won the game, huh?", it doesn't matter- Philly and Nawlins were both watchin' the Super Bowl on tv.

Fuck a Sheldon Brown. Reggie scored a TD on that drive so who gives a fuck. I see y'all though. I watch Eagles boards. Cling to that one play. Good luck w/ Chunky Boy stayin healthy. I don't think Kevin Kolb gets you back to the playoffs, sir.

"It doesn't matter blah blah blah" that sounds like some shit that a dude who's team got worked twice would say. But fuckit, camps started and I ain't talkin about games from 06 no more. We got a trophy to take down.

See ya on 12/23 dude. Jesus in Cleats will be there. Deuce will be there. Where will the Eagles D be?

• Moss rockin #81 now.

• Do you follow football, SoI?

I know the Packers are terrible now, but they're still the best franchise historically. Enjoy your teams while they're good because it won't last forever.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    lets go bills! AFC EAST Title... or at least a 9-8 season!