Snorting Oxycontin

2»

Comments

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    the yellow ones give me a boner. Thats what started my adventures in dopeness. And yeah they dont have a 1/5th as much tylenol like the white 360s

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

He can be pretty hard to talk to about certain things without him getting confrontational a bit. Especially when it comes to drugs. Whats the easiest way to talk to him about it? I always say I think that shit is stupid (oxycontin, pills, etc.), not afraid to speak my mind to him. But, he's difficult to get to sometimes as he does a lot of reading on all this stuff and tends to want to be right. blah blah blah blah blah.

Well it sounds like your approach is the wrong way to get dude to kick. You have to understand that it starts to not become your choice. The drug basically dictates what is going on. So you are not dealing with someone who has the strengh and willpower to control themselves. You are dealing with a drug that is effecting the mind and the body that makes the body think that the sole mission in life is to find and consume dope. So by saying "WELL THAT STUFF IS GOSH DARNED STUPID!" aint going to do a god damn thing.

You have to come at with the attitude of like "Dude ive noticed that you are starting to have some real problems and we need to talk. Like i really care about you and your fucking up." Tell him honestly how you feel about them. And maybe talk about seeing someone or maybe going to a meeting. I kicked on my own, but itts hard man. Ive relapsed mad times in the last 5 years and im still scared i might again. I mean i had to reach out to some people to build a support system so i could talk to them when i was slipping. Sometimes by talking about it that inspires some to quit. Others its harder. You have to feel empowered. I found for me was to confess to my parents, and to all my friends. Just let it out there. I was straight up like I need help and if i dont get it soon im going to die. And that got the convo started and got me on the right path.

Just be prepared for a rocky path man. The person has to want to quit, so listen to them and dont judge them. Be like you fell down, but now its time to pick you back up, instead of preaching and judging. Being a dopehead is not like "hey you know what? i want to be a dopehead when i get older" you get caught up and get into a situation where you feel hopeless. And sometimes hitting rock bottom is the only way to get back on track.

Also it helps to be informed not so much about the drugs, but with addiction. Do some research on addiction and the ways or methods to help. Cause no one wants to admit there an addict. Once they can do that and understand that they have a problem and it isnt there fault anymore, that makes it easier to get on the road to recovery.

So good luck man and i hope your friend gets well.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    i know too many people who have had their lives FUCKING destroyed due to oxycontin. do not touch this shit in any form! peace, stein. . .

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    Please don't fuck w/ hillbilly heroin. That is all.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    A young, enterprising, fresh-faced wielding a shotgun college student from my town stuck up a VA hospital in Massachussetts I believe, making off with 20,000 of the pills before being caught.

Here's a moderately funny Oxy robbery story:

A kid I went to high school with got in pretty deep and racked up some serious debt to his supplier. So, to get out of the situation, he decided to rob a CVS pharmacy. He walks into the place and proceeds to walk around the store looking nervous and sweating bullets for a half hour. Interestingly, an employee I know that was there told me he kept returning to the condoms and pretending to peruse them. I don't know why, but that bit strikes me as funny.

Anyway, after he had screwed up the nerve to pull the heist, he approaches the pharmacy counter with his hand in his pocket, pretending it's a gun. He demands all the Oxycontin they have, and while the pharmacist is handing it over, she says to her younger assistant, "remember his face." The assistant turns to her and says, "Remember his face? That's [dude's name]!" She had also gone to high school with the guy.

Dude makes off with his purloined Oxy, and what does he do? He eats a whole bunch of them and proceeds to turn himself in at the police station. Nobodys really sure why???the prevailing theory is he wanted to get arrested to avoid a worse fate at the hands of his supplier. The real twist, though, is that at some point he decides he doesn't really want to spend all that time in prison, so he starts naming names of people around town and what dirt they've been doing. And I don't mean a few???dude snitched on everyone he ever knew.

So, he ended up getting a fairly lenient sentence, and was sent to a local prison. The only problem was, several of the people he ratted on ended up getting arrested, too, and were sent to the same prison.

I haven't heard anything of him since.

The moral of this story? I don't know. Don't do Oxy, and don't be an idiot, I guess.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    ^^Not a funny story.

There is no reason to ever do this stuff. It only does bad things, it does no good things.

I have smoked opium and opiated hash, I have had morphine (MMMMMMMMMM Morphine) pre op, and I have been addicted to codeine (that shit doesn't even get you high). Everyone I know who said, "just on weekends..." or "I know how to handle it" or "If you only smoke (snort) it...", ended up addicted.

Trying it might not kill you. If you try it and walk away, you are ok. But as soon as you go back for seconds you are playing with fire. If you go for thirds and think you are just a recreational user, you are going to be sorry.

The thing is life is nice with out drugs. You don't need to drink beer or smoke pot. I was a social (chronic) smoker, and drinker (not chronic), plus I tried everything else twice. My life has been much better since I gave up everything. There is nothing I miss about pot, alcohol, psychedelics, amphetamines, barbiturates. Opiates I might miss, but I miss them the way I miss scooter pies.

You will have more money in you pocket, more time for women, music and records and be healthier after you quit.

Thank you, this has been a free public service.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I have been addicted to codeine (that shit doesn't even get you high)

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I have been addicted to codeine (that shit doesn't even get you high)

It was prescribed for pain after I cut my fingers off. They let me get a refill when ever I wanted. I was reading the PDR one day and saw the side effects of addiction and said, oh shit that's me. Took a few weeks but I quit it on my own. I was 19.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    mmmmmm....drugs

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    What about hot knifing it?

j/k

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    The person has to want to quit

this is really the beginning and the end of it when it comes to people with addiction problems.

As for Oxycontin, I think I can go without experiencing that type of feeling.

And I never understood coke, I did it on 2 separate occasions and didn't feel a damn thing, someone told me that sometimes some drugs just don't work on folks due to their body chemistry, if thats the case then I'm glad cause I just got out of a relationship with an alcoholic/ coke addict and that shit was far from pleasant to deal with.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    Coke just makes me feel uncomfortable like I just rolled in some grass clippings. Not exactly itchy, but uncomfortable. E makes me have hot flushes & puke. Weed I either don't feel, or it makes me feel sick and then sleepy (thats mostly after drinking though).

Looks like i'm a boozehound for good.

• oxycontin really is no different than any heroin..same shit basically..same feeling at least. Same level of "junkie mentality" as H. I dont care what anyone says..it is. I couldnt even begin to count how many friends and relatives lives are beyond fucked up because of opiates and other prescribed drugs. I know its probably a little worse in the South..but that shit is seruous. Go to your local methadone clinic and ask around if that shit is bad news or not.

• ps-I have been prescribed 90 xanax 2mg,90 10mg hydrocodone(lortabs),and 90 soma(350 mg) since I was a teenager(almost 29 now) and I have had a HELL of a bout with all this shit(that I am still dealing with on a few levels). It has pretty much fucked my family up(they are/were all hooked too). Bad stuff man..every one I ever meet that moves to my city is always very suprised by the amount of pills people here are hooked on..I swear it seems I cant meet someone that isnt addicted to OCs, tabs, vics, morphine, methadone, xanax, kolonopins,etc...poor,rich,middle class..doesnt matter. The addiciton just creeps up on you. I honestly just kinda woke up one day sick as fuck and it popped in my head.."thats why I have been having so many colds lately..im addicted to this shit"..and this is after having several heroin addicted friends and being "hip" to dope sickness. There is no better feelin then that codeine/codone high..the stomach euporia shit..I wont lie..I miss that feeling.