How to sell an MPC?

Tektonic_PlatesTektonic_Plates 100 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
So I'm going to sell my MPC3K. The problem is, I don't know if I should put it up on Ebay or craigslist. I don't have ANY feedback on my Ebay account, so I'm going to assume that will give many buyers Does the strut massive have any advice for someone trying to offload a vintage sampler?

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    try hitting up somebody you know with a lot of positive feedback, or one of those ebay front operations that sells shit for you for a % of the selling cost. I think either way, you'll get more than you would on craigslist.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    Don't overlook the MPC forum either, plenty of heads would snap it up I reckon... How much you looking for?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i would throw it up on craigs list first because it's much less of a pain in the ass to deal with than ebay and you get money up front. i sold my 2000xl on the mpc forums but dude i sold it to tried to scam me on some repair charges. theres really nothing enforcing sales on any kind of forum so i would just sell it on craigs list or find someone with an ebay account.

• Thanks all. I hit up a friend of mine who does quite a bit a sales on ebay, and he's going to list it for me for free, minus the listing fees, etc.

It's a 3k with a few forat-customizations (LE faceplate, new screen, black pads...)w/scsi zipdrive. Check for it on the bay, I guess. No idea what to charge yet. We'll see..

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I'd post on the classifieds here, circumvent eBay fees and shady bidders with paypal chargeback schemes. Craigslist is cool too, but people can be flaky as well. I'm interested at the right price too...

• I'd post on the classifieds here, circumvent eBay fees and shady bidders with paypal chargeback schemes. Craigslist is cool too, but people can be flaky as well. I'm interested at the right price too...

Well, shiznit! I think I might give that a try. Shit, sometimes a solution is right in front of you...

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    I could do with a new one, too bad you aint in Germany. Cant hassle with these punks working at customs here. They already know me too so I guess Im too for these kinda things

That said - looking for a clean LE version - sorry no means to hijack

goodluck

• say it was owned by premo or pete rock.

YES! Hell..they BOTH owned it! Yeah! And it's THE VERY SAME MPC that K-Def cut his teeth on before going computer! Not only that, but Dre can be seen WITH THIS VERY SAME MACHINE creating hit after hit on an international flight in an oft remarked-on video advert. DONT FRONT!! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to own a peice of hip-hop history!!!

..how's that?

• Cool. Now I have to fabricate a certificate of authenticity.
    In graf-style text. On blunt paper. Big moves.

• Well...yeah! THAT'S ME!! PREMO!! A little strapped for cash right now (see the Big Shug joint that dropped) and wanna offload this peice to finance a new NeKo LX production station. You know, to take it to the next level and such...