~LOHAN~

13»

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    These bitches are out for attention plain and simple. Why would you not have a driver? If you wanna get fucked up, whatever, just hire someone to drive you around.

These chicks are masters of the media now and they know exactly what they're doing. You choose the life you live and have to deal with the consequences of your actions. I have no pity for them.

You are a rough man. *PASUE*

I think at some point some of these celebrities truly lose control of themselves, therefore losing sight of all the media hype they control. I mean, if she dies doing this shit would you still think it's for publicity?

I mean, who wouldn't though, with papparazzi following your every move, public and personal, to try to capture your failures as a human being more than anything.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    These bitches are out for attention plain and simple. Why would you not have a driver? If you wanna get fucked up, whatever, just hire someone to drive you around.

These chicks are masters of the media now and they know exactly what they're doing. You choose the life you live and have to deal with the consequences of your actions. I have no pity for them.

You are a rough man. *PASUE*

I think at some point some of these celebrities truly lose control of themselves, therefore losing sight of all the media hype they control. I mean, if she dies doing this shit would you still think it's for publicity?

Nah, I see what you guys are saying and of course I don't want anyone to die, but man, if your job is fucking you up then quit

I'm just tired of seeing these stories becoming bigger news than they should be and we as a society are just as much at fault for these stories being all over the place.

I have a hard time feeling bad for people who parade themselves in front the camera at any and all times and go out every single night to be photographed instead of keeping their ass at home until shit cools down.

They're out for fame (no graf-o).

You dudes are seriously sitting up here saying we should feel sorry for Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, Spears, Ritchie, etc?
    I'm empathetic to the point of fault, but where does personal responsibility come in to all this? They already have a green light as it is.

How can I feel sorry for someone who has everything and squanders it away when the majority of people have nothing and work their entire lives for even a fraction of their wealth?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

I do think she has lost her mind tho.

god, i can't stop reading about her and her fried chicken habit

Hey, I really dig fried chicken, too!

But then again, I'm not a washed-up teenybopper pop star circling the drain.

Yet.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

How can I feel sorry for someone who has everything and squanders it away when the majority of people have nothing and work their entire lives for even a fraction of their wealth?

I feel you, but don't forget that these people came up when then were young enough to know better. Their idea of a normal life is nothing compared to ours. Their financial security is - for the most part - in other people's hands and their emotional security blanket is entrusted to people who most likely are only there for their own benefit. (Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie are slightly different, but only in the sense that their idea of a "normal" life is nothing short of being filthy rich.)

Put the flip on it: What if people were dead poor and knew nothing but a life of crime and shifty behavior, instilled in them from their parents and family members? Would you think it would be deserved if their life ends up controlled by the state? Granted, it is up to personal responsibility, but some people never get a taste of what that is until it's too late.

(From what I understand, Lohan was kinda thrown out into this lifestyle by her parents who were out to make a buck off of HER success.)

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

(From what I understand, Lohan was kinda thrown out into this lifestyle by her parents who were out to make a buck off of HER success.)

As was Brittney. Once again I can sadly say that I've worked on shows that had me in direct contact with the Paparazzi, these sick fucks work in shifts so that they can monitor a hot mess like Lohan, Hilton, Or Spears 24 hours a day. That means they go out in their front lwns they are being photographed, they get near a window they are being photographed, its almost like house arrest for these people.

I'm not saying feel sorry for them, but don't attack those just trying to live their lives, especially when there lives are so fucked up and what they need is to get it straightened out. A coke addict is not a happy person, they are in a bad state, no one wants to be arrested twice for DUI and possession of coke.

Their lives are to worried about, not hated upon.

• Fame is a fickle food
    Upon a shifting plate
    Whose table once a
    Guest but not
    The second time is set.

Whose crumbs the crows inspect
    And with ironic caw
    Flap past it to the Farmer's Corn ???
    Men eat of it and die.

~Dickinson

No pity from me, either.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

but we (read: most Americans struggling to get by) don't really need to be the ones to worry about it.

to the extent that these peoples' lives present an escape from some peoples' boring or empty lives (e.g. tabloid magazines, etc), fine.

but to the extent that these peoples' lives create (a) a model to be emulated for misguided, star-struck young people or (b) a dangerous distraction from the REAL issues facing today's young people (i.e. war, global poverty, racism), then hell yeah I am against these antics.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

but we (read: most Americans struggling to get by) don't really need to be the ones to worry about it.

to the extent that these peoples' lives present an escape from some peoples' boring or empty lives (e.g. tabloid magazines, etc), fine.

but to the extent that these peoples' lives create (a) a model to be emulated for misguided, star-struck young people or (b) a dangerous distraction from the REAL issues facing today's young people (i.e. war, global poverty, racism), then hell yeah I am against these antics.

I agree with you completely, and I say its not the fact that they are living their lives like trainwrecks thats doing this, its the way the media takes these peoples lives and doesn't stress how people should prevent themselves from doing this.

Yesterday on the View the chicks were talking about how "hot" Lindsay Lohans mugshots were... it's enough to make me throw up both my hands

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

sorry, i didn't mean it that she was getting tubby. i love fried chicken. i was just alluding to her recent melt down on a photoshoot where she demanded fried chicken and then wiped the grease on the chanel gown. um...i spent a little too much time on TMZ the past few days

• Does the whole world need to know your every mistake and be your judge?

You sound famous.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

sorry, i didn't mean it that she was getting tubby. i love fried chicken. i was just alluding to her recent melt down on a photoshoot where she demanded fried chicken and then wiped the grease on the chanel gown. um...i spent a little too much time on TMZ the past few days

I know...I just saw the words "fried chicken," and they instantly activated the "mmmmmm...friiiieeeeed chiiiiiiiicken" part of my brain. I gotta habit, yo.

And I'm sad to admit I know the incident you're talking about. I have no reason to know it, I don't really want to know it, and yet I know it. Damn Intert00bz.

• its the way the media takes these peoples lives and doesn't stress how people should prevent themselves from doing this.

Why is this the media's responsibility?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

As was Brittney. Once again I can sadly say that I've worked on shows that had me in direct contact with the Paparazzi, these sick fucks work in shifts so that they can monitor a hot mess like Lohan, Hilton, Or Spears 24 hours a day. That means they go out in their front lwns they are being photographed, they get near a window they are being photographed, its almost like house arrest for these people.

You know what? Then don't do shit that's interesting.
    Don't go out to the club every night, party at your house, hire a driver, don't parade around with an ankle bracelet in public, go check yourself into rehab and stop partying, etc. There are options and they have them all at their disposal.

We all love to see famous people mess up and be brought back down to our level (hey, I read those blogs every day ), and no one is celebrating people's drug or alcohol problems, but to act like "those poor girls" is too much.

None of them ever have to work again so if all this fame is fucking your life up go chill out somewhere quiet and take up a knitting or scubadiving or some shit.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Don't go out to the club every night, party at your house, hire a driver, don't parade around with an ankle bracelet in public, go check yourself into rehab and stop partying, etc. There are options and they have them all at their disposal.

In other words don't live your life, live like big brother is watching you.

it's a pretty messed up way to live, not that I condone any behavior from these girls, but like I said earlier, I do feel sympathy and empathy for people caught in the middle of severe addiction. It brings out the worst in human beings. Day I know you partied quite a bit back in your younger days and I admire you for caming out of it as well as you did and are able to enjoy life with a wife and kids, but surely you must know a coupe people that didn't get out the fire without a couple burns.

It helps these people none to be paraded around in the media as entertainment pieces while they are trying to quit the white powder or whatever else they are doing.

Once again the media (and me as a former member of the tabloid media) do too much to make these stories appealing for the public without thinking of how it may affect younger people who idolize these stars

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    i like eating cold fried chicken at the beach.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

We all love to see famous people mess up and be brought back down to our level (hey, I read those blogs every day ), and no one is celebrating people's drug or alcohol problems, but to act like "those poor girls" is too much.

None of them ever have to work again so if all this fame is fucking your life up go chill out somewhere quiet and take up a knitting or scubadiving or some shit.

Go to bed early, take care of yourself, handle your business and stop talking to the media. I call this advice the Paul Newman model for having a long and very successful career. Shit works they should look into it.

A little more evidence. Paul Newman 1960, Paul Newman 2006. Notice same wife, same great looks.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I call this advice the Paul Newman model for having a long and very successful career.

Or to keep it more relavent

etc.

Ok, I'm done with my coffee and I'm out the door so I'm done with these trick ass beeyitches!

• I call that yummy, yummy and yummy!!!

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    there but for the grace of god go i when it comes to judging other folks drug and alcohol intake...i suspect i am not alone on this.

I call this advice the Paul Newman model for having a long and very successful career.

Keep in mind though that times have changed. I'm sure Paul Newman did his fair share of partying when Perez Hilton was still playing in his Mom's makeup kit.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

In other words don't live your life, live like big brother is watching you.

it's a pretty messed up way to live, not that I condone any behavior from these girls, but like I said earlier, I do feel sympathy and empathy for people caught in the middle of severe addiction. It brings out the worst in human beings. Day I know you partied quite a bit back in your younger days and I admire you for caming out of it as well as you did and are able to enjoy life with a wife and kids, but surely you must know a coupe people that didn't get out the fire without a couple burns.

It helps these people none to be paraded around in the media as entertainment pieces while they are trying to quit the white powder or whatever else they are doing.

Once again the media (and me as a former member of the tabloid media) do too much to make these stories appealing for the public without thinking of how it may affect younger people who idolize these stars

Right. There are three entities that work collaboratively, yet independently to sustain tabloid culture.

1) The celebrity who lives in a spectacular way
    2) The paparazzi and writers who create a story and sell it to the public
    3) The public who eat it up

Of these three, only the paparazzi contribute to this crap with undeniable intent, but to ignore the fact that both celebrities and the public help perpetuate it, both intentionally and unintentionally, is naive.

As long as everyone realizes that there is nothing to envy about the kind of life that the Lohans and Hiltons of the world live, then I don't see the point of making callous remarks or wishing ill on any of them.

Or to keep it more relavent

etc.

Ok, I'm done with my coffee and I'm out the door so I'm done with these trick ass beeyitches!

Trust me, Day, the second one of these girls fucks up...

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

I 3 Amanda Bynes!!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Trust me, Day, the second one of these girls fucks up...

I fucks with Amanda Bynes. I'm sorry.

• I luh her.