People With Weird Names

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Eggbert

this is what my mom calls me. do we know each other?
    We called this kid from the hood Eggbert, 'cause he was doofy. I wouldn't call you doofy Mr. Shig.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Confirmed:

-Twins named Orangejello and Lemonjello (pronounced Or-Ron-Jell-Oh and Lee-Mon-Jell-Oh)
    -A girl named Lettuce (pronounced La Toose Ay)
    -A young man (in a KC detention center) whose given name was SIR MURDER.

I've been told about the story of Oranjello and Lemonjello.

One of my best friend's government name is "Female" (pronounced Feh-Ma-Lee, but it's still her given name because the doctors wrote down Female on the birth certificate...)

I grew up with a girl who's name was B.G. (short for "Baby Girl")

A kid named "Mister" stole my bike in 3rd grade.

My brother was in school with a girl who's name was "Kissa" which was pronounced "KEE-Sah" which wouldn't be so bad, except for teh fact that her last name was "Butts" (I shit you not!)

I could go on and on... but then again, who the hell am I to talk about "weird names."

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    When my mom was pregnant with my little brother and later on my sister, she asked me what I wanted to name the kids. For my sister it was either "Sweetie" or "Queenie" and for my brother it was "Martinez."

• there was a kid in my high school no joke.

harry d weiner III

his brother was

benjamin d weiner

how fucked up is that? not the fact that there was a kid with that name but that he was third one to have that name. and his brother is ben d weiner????

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I went to school with a kid who's mom was named Richardine, pops was naming the first born after him whether it was a boy or girl.

Had another friend growing up who had an aunt named Waxana, she had something like 10 siblings and I guess they just ran out of names.

Dated a girl who's Dad's name was Richard Head, he had a pretty good sense of humor about the name, but I guess you pretty much have to if that's your situation.

I worked with this cat from the Motherland whose last name was spelled DoDoo(Doh-Doo).You know poeple had jokes for days.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

One of my best friend's government name is "Female" (pronounced Feh-Ma-Lee, but it's still her given name because the doctors wrote down Female on the birth certificate...)

That's funny, I told V. that I thought that's why R.'s middle name was Female but I had never asked her. So is her twin's middle name Male?

In Mississippi people had some crazy names:

Of course you got Mercedes, Porsche, etc.

My mom works with a woman named Precious

a couple of girls at my high school:

Navodka
    Terrajuana

in grade school I had a friend whose name was Shannon Gay. His younger brother's name was Sterling Gay.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    spook johnson
    hubba bubba
    booga eater
    googie
    monkey
    flake
    rosie (a dude?)
    buddy
    sancho dollar
    all people i grew up with. . .stein. .

• Salary_DizSalary_Diz 735 Posts
    This thread is killing me.

I remember this dude from the army named Bill Dollar. Also some dude with the last name sergeant (but i cant remember his rank).

of course my main man THE ALMIGHTY BUM SUCK.

I worked with a girl named Charmin. and yeah, she was named after toilet paper. real name.

oh, and bum suck swears he knew a dude name Yoo Suk.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Real people from my past....

- Poor fat chick who never got called Elaine, just "Booger Girl"
    - Mashawanda Crudup
    - Sohrab Habibion ("So Rob, How Ya Bibion?")
    - Mike Rakouskas (a new teacher doing roll call was always amusing with that one)
    - Misty Ide (parents a bit too clever there)
    - Star (actual boy's given name, parents had high expectations)
    - Scooby (actual boy's given name, parents had low expectations)
    - Punk girl whose given name was Rainbow but you'd never know it; she insisted on being called Mary or something like that.
    - Two brothers with a father from Africa, both of whose names went along the lines of "Dr. K. Aal-Anubia." You called them "Doc" for short. One of them looked (and dressed) like "Beat It" era Michael Jackson. Their *full* names were something like "Dr. Kalsalamakaratamaka Aal-Anubia" except longer and more difficult to pronounce.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I went to junior high with a girl named Sidona Cox. I aint crappin you negative. poor girl, what were her parents thinking?

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

E***, your PMs are turned off and your e-mail got bounced back to me.
    This is in regards to your "optimism."
    Get at me via e-mail, which you can find here: www.ohiosoulrecordings.com

• ok, it's not a euphemism like most of the names mentioned, but it's pretty wierd (i used to issue passports so there were always plenty of wierd names):

European Peace Victory Stephens

i'm sure there were plenty of obscene ones too but i get them all confused in a mess of randy this and something beaver...

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

Eggbert

We called this kid from the hood Eggbert, 'cause he was doofy. I wouldn't call you doofy Mr. Shig.

I AINT NO DOOF[/b]

Eggbert

I AINT NO DOOF[/b]

Like I said.

• Options
    I can't think of many people with odd given names, but I can run down a list of some nicknames from work:

Jimmy Thumbs (has big-ass thumbs)

Jimmy Shaft (had a vasectomy)

Jew (has a jewish sounding last name, but isn't jewish)

Tommy Feta Cheese (he's greek)

Bald Anthony (he's bald)
    Tony Broken Leg (broke his leg a few years ago)
    Talkthony (doesn't shut up)

Montreal/Toronto/Couver (he's from Canada, you use whatever city you're in the mood for)

Hot Dog and Hamburger (two brothers, one's FAT and one's skinny)

Quiet Steve or McVeigh (rarely talks, looks like Tim McVeigh)

Head (huge head)

Fat Steve
    Not So Fat Steve (two partners named Steve, one's fat as a house, the other one is 'husky')

Boston (guy who has been in the garage for over a year, no one on my side knows his name yet but he always wears a Boston Red Sox hat. We just started calling him Boston instead of learning his actual name)

Leno (has a HUGE chin)

Marley (from Jamaica)

Doofburger (this real doofy guy who limps)

and my personal favorite:

EDWARD SHITTERHANDS!!! (this guy was in the bathroom letting the globetrotters off the bus, and when he came out of the stall someone noticed that he didn't wash his hands. He's been called Edward Shitterhands ever since, usually shortened to Shithands. I don't even know his first name.)

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    ^^dude, how is it that you got off with such a harmless nickname like sweendog?

fellers from the old neighborhood

one ear
    sears
    greg (dude's name was ryan, i just called him greg)
    chopper
    raul shariff muhanti
    takuan
    the bento bunch
    MUDANG
    hammy-ham
    woody
    maynardo de fresno
    buddha-pet [RIP]
    balki
    bomba
    captain gus
    the lip
    goon the mighty warrior
    the food critic
    harley bendino

• Options
    ^^dude, how is it that you got off with such a harmless nickname like sweendog?

In 8.5 years I've been called:

Stringbean
    Chernobyl (I farted so bad one morning that it cleared half a room)
    Scissorhands (cut a live cable by accident, wiping out service to a neighborhood... that name gets passed aorund to whoever fucked up last, currently held by Quiet Steve)
    Nurse Sweeney (my first partner was a 65 year old)
    Sag Fag (I was an extra in a Woody Allen movie and got into the Screen Actors Guild)

My friends have all been calling me Sweendog since high school, but it's been shortened to Sween over time. Not so fun to have "-dog" at the end of your name when you hit 30.

• Salary_DizSalary_Diz 735 Posts
    you forgot sweet dong longsicle!!!!

• Options
    you forgot sweet dong longsicle!!!!

haha, those one's I listed were just from work. I've lost track of the sweendoglongisle remixes on here.

• -A girl named Lettuce (pronounced La Toose Ay)

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

Chernobyl (I farted so bad one morning that it cleared half a room)

• Options

Hot Dog and Hamburger (two brothers, one's FAT and one's skinny)

Meet Hamburger...pictured here after our softball game last night eating a donut off of his beer bottle.

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    Mike Hunt
    Richard Hertz
    John Ouch (pronounced "OWWch")
    Phuck Yu (Dave Chappelle)

• Mentioned in an article in today's NYT on PartyGaming.com's IPO:

Anurag Dikshit.

I can't believe no one said Dick Butkus!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    LOL

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Leonard Nimoy

If I would have taken my father's last name when I was born my name would have been "Juan Wood" (Juan would or One would)

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I can't believe no one said Dick Butkus!
    was about to but i decided to let someone have it.