Record warping during shipping (eBay related)

shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I just had my third incident where an international customer (outside of the US) claims that upon recieving their record, they discover that the record is warped. what the shit? Does warping happen alot when shipping overseas or am i just having bad luck with some shady ass buyers?

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    never happened to me

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I would just put "as is" and "not responsible for damage during shipping" and "strongly suggest you opt for insurance" in the auctions and that should cover it. If it wasn't warped when you gave it to the post office, it's not your fault.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'd make them mail it back before processing a refund.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I'd make them mail it back before processing a refund.

yeah. I'd say they are trying to scam you, or maybe more likely, they are just being really anal about the pre-existing state of the record. IE: many records are just not completely 100% flat, but I would not call them "warped".

• I'd make them mail it back before processing a refund.

yeah. I'd say they are trying to scam you, or maybe more likely, they are just being really anal about the pre-existing state of the record. IE: many records are just not completely 100% flat, but I would not call them "warped".

Yep, 9 times out of ten when you offer to give them a full refund upon return of the record they'll change their tune.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts

unless you're packing records in USPS mailers, it's highly unlikely it's in sufficent direct heat to warp a record this way.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    I just had my third incident where an international customer (outside of the US) claims that upon recieving their record, they discover that the record is warped. what the shit? Does warping happen alot when shipping overseas or am i just having bad luck with some shady ass buyers?

This has actually happenned to me before, as a buyer. I quickly learned to not order records in the mail during the middle of the summer in Tucson, because records can warp if they are not packed right. If the record has anything other than stiff cardboard on both sides of it (that is, no bubble wrap or shit like that), and it sits in the hot as fucking shit heat and sun for awhile, then that shit is going to warp. i don't know what part of europe you shipped to, or how it was packaged, but i do know that there are parts of europe that have had a crazy heat wave this summer.

but it could just as easily be any of the other things already mentioned. but warping in the mail definitely can happen.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    all my auctions say:
    Insurance is recommended, but not required. By forgoing insurance you waive all claims due to lost, stolen, or damaged merchandise. This includes all uninsured Domestic and Foreign packages.

i use new record mailers with cardboard fillers.

for the first the first incident the guy sent back the record and it was STUPID warped. there was a big as tsunami warp when i got it back, but i KNOW when i sent it was flat as can be.

second incident, i told dude to send record back and i'll shoot him a refund. he never respoinded.

now this last one, dude came at me pretty hard talking about "it is obvious that i deserve a refund immediately". i him straight up, nah man i stand by my grading and that shit was NOT warped when i sent it. all the conditions of shipping are in the auction description, blah blah blah.

so i guess it's just my shitty luck.