1 - 1800 Discuss a whole lot

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I gotta hand it to you Ad**m...I can barely CONCEIVE of the focus that doing this kinda stuff requires. You and Marco are the Kings of Rhythym when it comes to this list stuff. I can't quite say if I'm impressed or just confused. Probably something in-between.

All I have to say to that is: "Ad*m, I'm 35 and married. What's your excuse?"

"I hope the Soulstrut massive appreciates my efforts. Fuckin' Poptarts."

Motivation for DAYS.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Grant, Green Visions Blue Note 1971
    Grant, Green Shades of Green Blue Note 1972
    Grant, Green the Main Attraction Kudu 1976

Damn, dude, get some of those good Grant Green records.

which Grant Green records are the "good" ones

that reminds me I need some more sergio mendes

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Alive
    Green is Beautiful
    Live at the Lighthouse

...and most of the earlier mid-sixties sessions.

And, yeah, I noticed that you don't even have that good Sergio Mendes, but I wasn't gonna say anything.

• you left James Brown out on purpose...RIGHT?

Right!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Idle Moments
    Alive!
    Live @ The Lighthouse is alright
    Green is Beautiful

I'd keep Visions on that list, too.

That one is a little too saccharine and orchestrated for my taste...

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

i have a copy of the "good" one if you need it adam

• sunday mornin is the only one i even remotely like. street of dreams is alright.

all that guitar jazz funk shit is garabaggio. sounds like fucking o'donnel levy 'simba.'

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

Idle Moments
    Alive!
    Live @ The Lighthouse is alright
    Green is Beautiful

how about carryin' on?

The Wooten and Riggins factor did me in.

(Thanks again C****!)

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    sunday mornin is the only one i even remotely like. street of dreams is alright.

all that guitar jazz funk shit is garabaggio. sounds like fucking o'donnel levy 'simba.'

word! never been too heavy into the guitar jazz. George Benson don't really float my boat, nor Does David T. Walker or any of them other dudes. file next to: My Love For Hammond organ

sunday mornin is the only one i even remotely like. street of dreams is alright.

Sunday Mornin is great, but how can ya love that and hate on all the others? Not like he was doing anything truly different from session to session.

By the way...You get those DVDs, RD?

The O'Donnel Levy comparison is kind of harsh, but I'll confess to not having listened to any of my Grant Green records in at least five years--it might be time to reassess...

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts

"Sunday Morning" is a snoozer. "Talking About"!!!

• birdman - have not received the DVDs... mailgirl at the job is not exactly quick on the uptake, so i'll have a look.

by the way, i don't love sunday mornin, i just always thought that it pretty much says everything dude ever had to say. mainly that jazz guitar records are like the rugulach of music. sweet and satisfying for about two minutes until you need something with some sustenance. you're right though, all his records are pretty much the same. guess i just like the sunday mornin cover.

"Sunday Morning" is a snoozer. "Talking About"!!!

I need that one!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Idle Moments is dope.

The O'Donnel Levy comparison is kind of harsh, but I'll confess to not having listened to any of my Grant Green records in at least five years--it might be time to reassess...

Oh kids!

Simba is a good record. Yeah, those funky Grant Green's are garbaggio. Send, along with Boogaloo Joe Jones, etc. to:

Lil' Bama-D
    2112 2nd St, NE
    Washington DC 20001

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    mainly that jazz guitar records are like the rugulach of music. sweet and satisfying for about two minutes until you need something with some sustenance.

file under, sample fodder for good house records though...see Josma - Voices in Los Angeles.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

He was pretty bloated at that point. ear candy.

mainly that jazz guitar records are like the rugulach of music. sweet and satisfying for about two minutes until you need something with some sustenance.

file under, sample fodder for good house records though...see Josma - Voices in Los Angeles.

like when rugula[ch] first came out stateside they called it "rocket" same way they got these dipshits to like half-assed proto-smooth jazz records by calling it "rare groove"

• jazz guitar records are like the rugulach of music. sweet and satisfying for about two minutes until you need something with some sustenance.

i'm having trouble comprehending this.
    So you're saying, there are no jazz guitar records with sustenance?
    do you feel the same way about jazz saxophone records?
    jazz voice records?
    if not, how is guitar different from saxophone (or voice, or whatever...)?

so,

jazz guitar records:rape_dinkey
    as
    solo piano records:funky guzzo

right?

i just can't reconcile the idea of a records instrumentation automatically dictating the value of its content.

anyway to each iz own. you might've been kidding anyway...

peach

Simba is a good record.

Your taste grows more suspect with each post...

• dog arugula and rugulach are two totally different things

they called arugula 'rocket' because rucola is the italian word for rocket. gastronomic etymology, bitch.

by the way, feel free to liberate all bad groove merchant records from me, dude. they're waiting.

like when rugula[ch] first came out stateside they called it "rocket" same way they got these dipshits to like half-assed proto-smooth jazz records by calling it "rare groove"

How 'bout how they got certain dudes to like The Roots by portraying them as the lost link between rap and the Blue Note catalog?

dog arugula and rugulach are two totally different things

they called arugula 'rocket' because rucola is the italian word for rocket. gastronomic etymology, bitch.

This has been quite informative.

Now plaese to speak on the herb known as "trill".

so,

jazz guitar records:rape_dinkey

as

solo piano records:funky guzzo

Let's not forget about Eddie Fisher here...

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Wes Montgomery just rolled in his grave.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    This has been quite informative.

Now plaese to speak on the herb known as "trill".

Oh, Sugar Rape Dinke knows there ain't shit to do but cook. Rapini! Rapini Green!

Chervil: get some cut.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I may actually try to get it insured (if there is such a thing for rackords).

There is. But I advise everyone interested to catalog their collection, and most folks aren't down.

If you feel like being focused like Guzzo, holler at me.