2»

Comments

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Holy Sh!t. No he just did not do that.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    "wait....that aint fireworks"
    especially bad in my neighborhood since mufuckaz will somehow have fireworks a month before 4th of july/new years and still be popping them a month after too

Me too! Folls around here loves some firecrackers.
    My little neighborhood is pretty quiet but we end up with a couple bodies
    a year. Mostly young gangsters battling over who knows what.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    yo wtf? that site can't be right

Looks right to me!

HAHAHAHAHAHA, only the l33t that Tsega so generously purchased breakfast for "the morning after" will get this one fully.
    DUDE> That is THE funiest thing I've ever seen on this web site.

DAZE for DAYS

• Where do you live and how often do you hear gunshots in your hood?

sometimes these cats:

beef with this click:

much blood is spilt and its usually one-sided

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I'm happy to report that since February, there weren't any serious shootings in our neighborhood.
    I hope it'll stay this way for a while.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    A 14-year-old kid riding a bike in the street was shot for not moving out of the way fast enough by another teenager in a car. My friend lives on the same block. I walked past the memorial in the photo below on Sunday morning:

'Why did they take my baby?'[/b]
    14-year-old dead in road rage shooting, 18-year-old arrested

By STEPHANIE FARR & REGINA MEDINA
    [email]farrs@phillynews.com[/email] 215-854-4225

TYKEEM LAW didn't get out of the house much and his mother liked it that way.
    Fearful for her 14-year-old son's safety since the day he was born, Shaunta McDuffie made sure Law wasn't among the city's aimless wanderers.

But despite her best efforts, McDuffie's most deep-seated fear came true Saturday when Law was shot and killed in broad daylight while riding his bicycle with friends.

"Why did they take my baby?" McDuffie cried. "I was always so scared this day would come. That's why I kept him in the house."

Law, who was described as a "model kid" by those who knew him, was riding with a group of friends in the 900 block of Federal Street around 4 p.m. Saturday when a burgundy Mazda sedan pulled up behind them.

The 18-year-old driver of the car, Charles Meyers, of Darien Street near Ritner, in South Philadelphia, felt the boys weren't moving fast enough and he honked his horn and yelled at the bicyclists to get out of the way, said Homicide Sgt. Tim Cooney.

"Some words were exchanged," Cooney said. "We don't know exactly what was said, but it wasn't a heated or extended argument."

Law's four friends moved over, but Law stopped in front of the vehicle, got off his bike and moved to the passenger side of the car, according to police.

"With that, witnesses state the burgundy Mazda inched up, the driver pulled out a handgun, reached across the passenger and fired one shot through the passenger window, striking Tykeem in the chest," Cooney said. "Tykeem staggered onto the sidewalk and fell in front of 921 Federal Street."

McDuffie was shocked to learn that the person accused of killing her son was also a teenager.

"The boy who did this to my son is only four years older than him, but because of him my son won't reach 18," she said. "He won't go to the prom. He won't graduate. He hadn't even had his first girlfriend yet."

Law had just completed seventh grade at James Alcorn Elementary School's Middle Years Annex at 33rd and Reed streets. He liked sports and was a member of his school's basketball team, the Alcorn Eagles, according to his best friend, Shyheed Finch, 14.

"He was a nice kid," Finch said. "He liked Aeropostale and American Eagle [clothing] and LeBron James. I still don't believe this happened."

Also in disbelief was Frank Perez, owner of Morris Food Market, at 28th and Morris streets, and Cindo Goncales, a regular customer.

Both said Law daily frequented the store, which is around the corner from his home.

"He was a good kid, a model kid," Goncales said. "He don't get in no trouble. He would go to school, pick up his brother from day care, take him home and come buy goodies for him."

Goncales said Law was one of the good kids who stayed home with his mother instead of roaming the streets.

"When I heard the news - that broke me down," he said. "I'm still broken."

Makeshift memorials were set up for Law across the street from his home at Etting Street near 28th and at the Capitolo Playground on Federal Street, across from the murder scene.

Some younger children at the playground, perhaps still too young to understand death and mourning, tried to pull toys from the memorial through the playground's chain-link fence.

Down the street, Jason Dilks stood outside his pizza shop, Slice, at 10th and Federal streets, his head still swarming from the previous evening's events.

Dilks was ringing up a customer when he looked out his store window and saw Meyers' Mazda "blow" a stop sign on Federal Street near 10th, he said.

A woman driving on 10th Street near Federal clipped the rear of Meyers' car and his vehicle spun out, landing halfway on the sidewalk in front of Dilks' shop.

"A pizza deliveryman almost got hit and a kid was walking a baby in a stroller and he missed him by like a foot," Dilks said.

Meyers then backed up into a parked Volvo and continued speeding west on Federal Street, Dilks said.

As he ran out to get the car's license-plate number, Dilks said, a man in a silver Durango directly behind the offending vehicle flashed his police badge.

"To our good fortune, the police department and the citizenry of Philadelphia, an off-duty police officer headed to work at 11th and Wharton was immediately behind the burgundy Mazda," Cooney said.

The officer, Joseph Acavino, radioed in the locations of the alleged crimes, Cooney said. He ordered Meyers and his two passengers to stay in the car until backup arrived. All three were taken into custody; Meyers was charged with murder, possession of an instrument of a crime, and firearms violations.

Cooney said police are classifying the case as a "road-rage incident."

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    1 block from my mom's house/where I grew up. Shit is really trife in Philly. Fuck that, trife isn't the word. I don't have words for this.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    A 14-year-old kid riding a bike in the street was shot for not moving out of the way fast enough by another teenager in a car. My friend lives on the same block. I walked past the memorial in the photo below on Sunday morning:

That is just horrible. RIP.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    NONE RACE RELATED PLEASE!!
    I moved in an area where there are more Latino folks.
    Nice suburb in NE Atlanta, GUNSHOTS heard all the time! Rival Mexican gangs, El Salvador gangs, Latin Kings, Mexican Mafia..shit it goes on around me. And I ain't even latino!!

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Where do you live and how often do you hear gunshots in your hood?

I live in 5 points/East side Denver and while there isn't really a "Ghetto" in Denver, per se, this is probably the closest thing to a hood here. There are projects all over the area and it borders a warehouse district. Needless to say, plenty of dirt goes down here. I've been chased by G's just cuz I'm white and they didn't want me in their hood (sorry fuckers, I live here!). Anyway, I hear gun shots pretty often. Not too long ago, about 500 feet from my house, this chick was trying to rob a house in these low income condos (I won't call them 'jects cuz they are way nicer than most of the 'jects near by) and the cops came. So, instead of surrendering or running, she pulls heat on the cops and fires off some rounds!! Fuckin' dumbass. She didn't hit any of them, and I guess they nabbed her, but I never heard anything about the story again. Just the other day this guy delivered a sandwich to my house and came to my door talkin' bout "Uh, I just got out of my car and heard gunshots directly around the corner from your house. Just thought you might want to call the cops". Of course I didn't, as the cops probably wouldn't even bother in this neigborhood.

Funny thing is, in 5 years, all these projects will likely be gone and this neighborhood will be one of the nicest and most expensive in the city. At least on the border, where I live. Deeper into the east side/park hill (where Chauncey Billups is from) it will remain pretty cutty and pretty hood. But it's funny, cuz even the ghetto hoods here have plenty of middle to upper class folks living in them, nice ass houses on the same blocks as crack houses, shit like that. It's an odd layout here.

• unfortunately, the shots i heard last week aimed at two brooklyn cops on my corner eventually killed one cop and injured the other...shots are heard here (flatbush/crown heights) not as much as last year...but hey, the less the better for me. anyway, what up chan.. how are u and yours??

peace,
    amir

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    Was in Harlem for a month until I headed home to IL. 112th and saint nicks and as far as I could hear was popping off every week or so, though not as bad as my stay in sunnydale, SF a couple years ago. yup gotta use it

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Yo, Every other city is Safer than Atlanta!!!
    The ATL has more crime in the Suburbs than in the HOOD!! Can you believe that!!??

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    No gunshots in my hood yet, but yesterday evening there was a massive suicide bombing one block away.
    BBC article

I was on the way to a restaurant with two friends, we heard a explosion, but did not care about it at that time, we ate something. One hour later someone from the German embassy called us and said that we should go home. Currently 14 dead and at least 40 injured

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    So I'm coming home from my gig tonight and a car pulls up next to me on the freeway and another car pulls up next to that one and some fool hangs out the window and proceeds to unload a clip at the car!!! NAGL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I halted on the brakes and let them fools handle their business then got off the next exit and took an alternate route home. Was not cool at all.