Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited March 4 in Strut Central

Comments

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I heard gun shots last week, it sounded like someone tapped on my front door and Zoe barked and then I went outside and heard it again- it was a shot.

I also hear coyotes outside my door- it's like the wild west in this piece!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Not as much as before, but I heard some last night.

"wait....that aint fireworks"

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

I also hear coyotes outside my door- it's like the wild west in this piece!

LOL! coyotes? really? I thought you lived in San Diego?

I do! There's a fam of coyotes in the canyon next to my house. Zoe has them shook though. They are scaredy cats. But then again, a lot of cats go missing in my neighborhood.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Richmond, VA was like firecrackers, Chan. 3 murders outside my window in 3 months. I watched these thug dudes in a Cadilac El Dorado w/ 30 day plates, argue with a limo driver at the stop light on the corner. next thing i know, the limo pells out in front of the cadi, throws that shit in reverse, and slams the front grill, then takes off down broad street. the driver of the cadi gets out, glock in hand, fumbles with the safety, then unloads the whole jaunt at the limo. crazy shit dude. that place was straight up wilding!

ps... I'm gonna be up in Seatown this weekend. We gotta get up for a drink or 5.

• http://www.areaconnect.com/crime/compare.htm

You can compare your local crime rate to the next mans, i've got like 14 murders here where you got richmond va having something around 40.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I hear gunshots a lot in the Lower Haight. The 500 and 400 block of Haight means business. Unrelated but yesterday someone fell or jumped off a roof. This according to my girlfriend who saw the body. Pierce and Haight she said. Fucked up.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    MY HOOD IS REALER THAN DAY'S HOOD!!!

That's right, hoLmes...You're whole style is chump!!!

Compare City Crime Rates - 8197 Cities Covered
    City 1:
    State 1:
    City 2:
    State 2:

Tucson and Palm Springs Comparative Crime Ratios per 100,000 People

Latest 2005 Crimes per 100,000 People:
    Tucson, AZ Palm Springs, CA National

Murder: 10.4 8.6 6.9
    Forcible Rape: 71.4 49.2 32.2
    Robbery: 318.3 239.6 195.4
    Aggravated Assault: 553.4 445 340.1
    Burglary: 968.9 1865.5 814.5
    Larceny Theft: 3709.9 3549.1 2734.7
    Vehicle Theft: 1232.8 1221.5 526.5

Actual Reported Population and Crimes:
    Tucson, AZ Palm Springs, CA
    Population: 529,447 46,744
    Murder: 55 4
    Forcible Rape: 378 23
    Robbery: 1685 112
    Aggravated Assault: 2930 208
    Burglary: 5130 872
    Larceny Theft: 19642 1659
    Vehicle Theft: 6527 571

Notes:

* Formula used for chart: ((Crimes Reported) / (Population)) X 100,000)
    * Chart shown is a statistical comparison of the crime rates per 100,000 people.
    * A blank value in the above data means there is no available data for that crime.
    * Based on the final 2005 FBI Crime Statistics.
    * National arson statistics is not available. Therefore, no arson statistics are used in a comparitive manner.
    * Crime rate results are tabulated using the crime collection area population of each city.
    * Crime collection population may not match US Census data. Population is based on the agencies participating in the reporting.
    * 2006 crime stats will be available October 2007.

Seriously though, I live a stones throw from the rez. I hear gunshots nightly, although most of 'em are probably just fools bustin' off in the desert *PASUE*.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Herm where you at?

• novasolnovasol 204 Posts
    Late one night six years ago, heard lots of yelling...then a couple of pops. Lived on the third floor... Walked over to the window and peered down(dumb).

First I saw some young teenager at least 14/15 yrs old on a cheap BMX bike roaring down our one-way street fully packed with parked cars on either side. Next, I heard their cowboy boots loudly galloping down the sidewalk. Emerging from the darkness, I saw four wobbing (cause they can't really run cause of their big rounded bellies/pencil legs) 40+ yr old mexican cowboys in full reglia (cowboy hats, 3-tone bold vertical stripe shirts, too tight jeans can't even get finger tips in pockets, wood soled cowboy boots). One has a big assed silver 357magnum type gun leading the cavalary, and popping off a couple more rounds towards the kid... was praying gun running shooter would fall foward from his own displaced center of gravity causing the other to pile up en masse. Then stopping just below my apartment, they paused for a moment. Made some motions, turned around, speedly walked back (out of breath?) into the darkness.

Police swarm moments later... never found out if kid was alright or cowardly men got arrested.

Grown men wanting to kill some kid... some fuked shit! Don't have to look thuggish to be thuggish.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Haha your population is 11 times mine too.
    We got the national beat [color:white]and we got more fistings than you NO QUESTION! [/color]

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    yo wtf? that site can't be right

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    New York ain't really that crazy anymore, man. Now if you were to try to compare it to Philly, maybe we would be talking.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Although DC has gotten better, gunshots are a fairly common sound in my neighborhood (Ledroit Park). Here's a video from last week that came from my corner store (I'm there at least 5-6 times a week):

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    "wait....that aint fireworks"
    especially bad in my neighborhood since mufuckaz will somehow have fireworks a month before 4th of july/new years and still be popping them a month after too

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

The site bases their statistics on 100K population, and adjusts the numbers accordingly to reflect that. Therefore, the numbers get skewed.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

In Detroit they tie balloons, stuffed animals, fake flowers etc. around telephone poles to mark the location of a minor getting killed. I remember several residential intersections with such markings on all four corners. So sad.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I've probably only heard shots half a dozen times in the six years that I've lived in Toronto. But I did have an close run in with some an SUV firing shots at some guy on foot running away from them. It was like 2pm and I was walking up to a corner as the dude on foot runs past me, sorta covering his face/side with his jacket. My first thought was that he had been caught trying to break into a car and was running away - the jacket up so they couldn't see his face to identify him. I'm working this out in my head as he passes me and crosses the street. Then out of nowhere a black SUV comes screeching up to the corner, with the passenger hanging out of the window and pointing at the guy that just ran past me, who is now across the street from me and almost half way down the block. So the SUV peels around the corner, and the passenger pulls out a handgun and fires about 5 shots across the empty street, missing the jacket guy. I was about 10 feet away from the SUV, standing on the sidewalk. The dude on foot got to another corner and turned left, and the SUV couldn't follow because the left turn lane was full of traffic.

Shit seemed surreal. I didn't really get scared until after it happened. I was like, "damn... what if that dude hadn't crossed the street after he ran past me?" I would have been between him and the SUV.

Looks right to me!

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    lolz for dayz!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I made a thread like this a few months back. I am in Richmond VA and I can confirm that mother fuckers pop off all the damn time around here.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I used to live right behind some apartments, and every weekend there was some spousal yelling, followed by (hopefully) unrelated gunshots. In truth, the gunshots were followed by a bunch of guys yelling "ai-hai-hai-hai" so maybe they were playing... Sakura.

• I here gunshots often out here in the outer mission of San Francisco.
    Saw an actual shooting right out my living room window about two years ago. My girl saw another shooting on our block just last year. I couple of months ago the kids on the corner shot someone in the alley behind our place.

This reminds me, I saw a huge fight on the muni bus the other day though. An entire bus emptied out on 24th street. Some dude had his shirt off and was hitting this old guy. Some woman started hit the dude without a shirt, he fell to the ground and she stomped on him. He eventually got up and was swinging at all sorts of people. He then got out of the bus and started walking around in circles in the middle of the intersection. I saw the whole thing through the big windows on the new busses they have out here while I was sitting in bar having a beer.

• I hear gunshots pretty often around my way..and even though I dont really consider where I live too hood(well a few blocks down is a totally different story), but I notice people that didnt grow up on my side of town consider my neighborhood "the hood."

• 40ozking40ozking 308 Posts

That's not Palm Springs stats. That's Miami's stat's... The South is the new New York...

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

Looks right to me!

HAHAHAHAHAHA, only the l33t that Tsega so generously purchased breakfast for "the morning after" will get this one fully.