Soulstrut Book

idraltidralt 12 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Lately I've been getting into those books like they have in Japan with all the pictures of albums with info about them (I can't read the info because it's in Japanese, but whatever) and it got me thinking, why hasn't soulstrut done a book like that, in English. Motown67 has all these pictures and reviews listed in the reviews section, why aren't they all compiled into a book? Soulstrut wins by selling a book, record heads win by getting a book like this, everybody wins. Let me know when it's made so I can be the first to order one. Thanks.

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Let me know when it's made...

sure thing, will do.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Let me know when it's made...

sure thing, will do.

can you let me know when the pre-orders happenin?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    it got me thinking, why hasn't soulstrut done a book like that, in English.

Because it's prohibitively expensive to do so, especially if you do it legally. (Album cover reprinting is a gray area and not one that most people like to wade into unless they want to risk getting sued).

Personally, I think the fact that this stuff is online kind of negates the reason why a lot of people would need/want a book to begin with, especially since you can update stuff on a site infinitely faster than the other way around. That said, for aesthetic reasons, I'd love to see a book. I just don't see it being an affordable thing for Strut to invest in.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Because it's prohibitively expensive to do so, especially if you do it legally. (Album cover reprinting is a gray area and not one that most people like to wade into unless they want to risk getting sued).

Personally, I think the fact that this stuff is online kind of negates the reason why a lot of people would need/want a book to begin with, especially since you can update stuff on a site infinitely faster than the other way around. That said, for aesthetic reasons, I'd love to see a book. I just don't see it being an affordable thing for Strut to invest in.

A Waxidermy book would probably be a much better concept.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

Can we have a book with all the best threads then? Paperback is sufficient. I'd cop.

Agreed.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

kala could do the prelude.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    What the fuck are you guys talking about?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

kala could do the prelude.

TEASER

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I fear it would be too heavily censored by HKKKUNT

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Hahah you almost made me spit my cereal out.

• a comic book would be good, with characters drawn out as spandex clad representations of their online selves.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    a comic book would be good, with characters drawn out as spandex clad representations of their online selves.

My character would be too much from one comic book to contain

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

I started making one of these using the iPhoto book templates. I think i have about 5 pages done or so, with 4 records per page. It is very DIY, but those apple books are pretty high quality.

-pj

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

[kala]Ever Fuck a black woman or a Spanish woman?
    [I HAVE}[/kala]

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    The book should contain 10 or so sections covering the most important topics on Soulstrut.....including Racism, Homophobia, Dipset, the NBA, Greatest Beefs of all time, the history of Soulstrut vocabulary, and MAYBE something record-related.

The book should contain 10 or so sections covering the most important topics on Soulstrut.....including Racism, Homophobia, Dipset, the NBA, Greatest Beefs of all time, the history of Soulstrut vocabulary, and MAYBE something record-related.

So basically, you're saying "Soulstrut's Book of NRR Lists."

Well, the NRR's are what the board is all about, so I believe it should be fully represented.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Can we have a book with all the best threads then? Paperback is sufficient. I'd cop.

it'd be a nice bathroom read.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    READ A BOOK READ A BOOK READ A MUHFUCKIN BOOK

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

I'm thinking more of a quote book something like you see at the checkout line of the Barnes and Noble. The paper is like the size of a large index card and they're real cheap little books that the thinking is (to the extent there is thinking) someone will carry around with them in their purse or backpack or briefcase and pull it out when they need inspiration. You know the books I mean. Some of them are about cats, others are about Martin Luther King.

Here's a few quotes that would definitely make the pages. Bonus points to anyone who can name the author of two or more. One is a gimme.

???I'm white and a fan of reggae and I like Matisyahu???

???every other word out of my grandfathers mouth is the n bomb, it doesnt mean i don't love him???

???As far as points there really are not any in what I posted???

???i'm really not THAT much of an asshole. but, i can be when pushed...???

???some of you muhfucks are definately secret squirrlin' on some nuts that don't exactly, you know... fall from trees. do us all a favor and wipe that nasty shit off your face. Go ahead. Ban me.???

???Do you have a set of testicles or what? Gimmie your address...I'm sending my chihuahuas over to rape you.???

???Did any of y'all hairy folls ever get like tired of your chest hair and decide to shave it off, then realize "oh shit... my chest is now clean as a baby's ass, but the rest of me is still all beast-like!!!" Then you have to end up shaving your whole damn body unless you don't mind looking like a centaur every time you get naked in front of your woman.???

???Never before has music been simulataneously so gay and so thugged-out. It's like heaven for me.???

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

???Did any of y'all hairy folls ever get like tired of your chest hair and decide to shave it off, then realize "oh shit... my chest is now clean as a baby's ass, but the rest of me is still all beast-like!!!" Then you have to end up shaving your whole damn body unless you don't mind looking like a centaur every time you get naked in front of your woman.???

Phill Most?

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

Phill Most?

That was the gimme. I'm chuckling by the time I get to "beast-like!!!" and then when he hits the centaur, it gets me laughing out loud every damn time .

• cascas 1,484 Posts

damn. how did i miss the o.g.? this is my new favorite shit.

• lord234lord234 236 Posts
    Lately I've been getting into those books like they have in Japan with all the pictures of albums with info about them (I can't read the info because it's in Japanese, but whatever) and it got me thinking, why hasn't soulstrut done a book like that, in English. Motown67 has all these pictures and reviews listed in the reviews section, why aren't they all compiled into a book? Soulstrut wins by selling a book, record heads win by getting a book like this, everybody wins. Let me know when it's made so I can be the first to order one. Thanks.

biting my motherfucking idea? if there will be a book published, i have get some percentage from the 50 copies sold......

You know what's about to happen...and yet the payoff isn't remotely ruined by that. LOL for days.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Some of them are about cats, others are about Martin Luther King.

This sentence cracked me up. In or out of context it's funny.