For Trade: Hayes Cotton - Secret Love LP on Act 1

soulbrono1soulbrono1 205 Posts
edited July 2007 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
http://popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=170090863637Has the sought after "northern" track "Black Wings Has My Angel". Prvate Press LP out of OKC. I would say NM in condition, but I'm not a grader.What I'm looking for:Dennis Coffey - "Theme From Black Belt Jones" 45Jazz in Focus LP on Hoctorearly Ultramagnetic 12"ssimilar things as listed above...

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    not to kill your trade offering here but i think you'll have much better luck on a different board as no one in their right mind here would possibly want this record.

try on fryers or soul-source... black wings have my angel will have meaning there.

the popsike linked value you've provided was never paid for.
    i sold a different copy a week later for $200 privately which i'm relatively certain will never happen again.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    On an oddly related note, I have a serious
    non-SS-appropriate want for the novel
    "Black Wings Has My Angel" - and will trade
    cash or raer records for a copy that any of
    you turn up in your travels:

This is no clon, I search and search for this book,
    so please keep it in mind.

• soulbrono1soulbrono1 205 Posts
    not to kill your trade offering here but i think you'll have much better luck on a different board as no one in their right mind here would possibly want this record.

try on fryers or soul-source... black wings have my angel will have meaning there.

the popsike linked value you've provided was never paid for.
    i sold a different copy a week later for $200 privately which i'm relatively certain will never happen again.

i appreciate the feedback, aleit. yeah, this record isn't my thing but then again i don't always get what other strutters are digging , so i thought it was worth a try. i'm also guessing that the crowd that would be into this piece most likely won't have what i'm looking for...

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Ha... Aleit ain't havin it.

This dude has to have the absolute worst voice I've ever heard recorded. I guess in the 60s he could sing? Maybe he had a stroke? Car accident? If any of these could proven this record would actually be more of a waxidermy piece.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Ha... Aleit ain't havin it.

This dude has to have the absolute worst voice I've ever heard recorded. I guess in the 60s he could sing? Maybe he had a stroke? Car accident? If any of these could proven this record would actually be more of a waxidermy piece.

black wings is a northern classic but this is a completely different version recorded in the 80's.

i can usually keep my criticism to a minimum, but i'm sorry- this record is utter doo doo.

you are right, he absolutely cannot sing on this record.....

• soulbrono1soulbrono1 205 Posts

black wings is a northern classic but this is a completely different version recorded in the 80's.

i wondered about this when i saw that the 45 of that song goes for major $$$...but i saw no date attached to the 45. thanks for clearing that up.