SCHITT YOU SAW/EXPERIENCED IN THE CLUB

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Yup, working deejay dudes chime in! For me:-Some drunk chick kept nagging at like 9:30 to play timberland and other becky heat. After her boyfriend offered me an amazing $10 bucks and some lip-service about "our friend at the bar is from L.A." I busted out with "i'm really trying to be nice and patient but sit the fuck down and finish your well drink". Their other friend came up and basically sat there ice-grilling me for 30 minutes while trying to make a request. I pretended I didn't see her.-some lady left a note by my bag that read "you need to get and play a PIMPTASTIC mix-cd by girl talk", what was even weirder was that she placed something that looked like coffee beans to weigh the note down. I kept the note ( i have a collection of said requests) and tossed the bean (PAUSE)- some dude(s) walked around the club with a pizza offering slices to strangers. The lid to the box was flopping around and people had no clue what to do.- i got a request for the Clash.- I rocked doubles of Magnificent Seven for a couple of minutes-I was slurred the phrase "maaaaayyyyyyy thiiiirster lourvbes fiiiirfty centthhhhhhhhh" (my sister loves 50 cent)-There's a chain of hot dog stands called "what's up dog" in s.f.. There's one kiddie corner from the club and I went and got a kielbasa (GROW UP DUDES!). During the cooking I ended up getting into a convo about mash-ups and being vegetarian which felt like an enternity-one of the finest girls i've ever seen came in right behind me spilling out her "shirt/blouse". Her homeboy(???) kept asking for the "leanest sausage meat you guys have". Girl was ridiculous.

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i was playing the lp version of "the caterpillar" by the cure and this 20ish girl comes up and asks "is this a mash up?" i said no. she said, "oh, i've never heard this version it's really good."

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Last weekend becky came on while i was playing funk/disco and asked if I can play some more "pop" music. I thought that was honest. I smiled back. YP, doubles of the clash is dope!

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I got passed this note while spinning:

Later that night a blonde who did booking for another club asked us to spin there. Her online contact info included the phrase "bigboobiesmcgee."

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

- i got a request for the Clash.

- I rocked doubles of Magnificent Seven for a couple of minutes

Is this supposed to be a "weird" DJ experience? I've got that Mag 7/Radio Clash 12" in the play crate on the regular. Blends well with a lot of genres.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    [quote I kept the note ( i have a collection of said requests)
    Coffee table book?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Is this supposed to be a "weird" DJ experience?

HE WASN'T RAISED LIKE THAT, SON!

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    is this thread about schitt we saw...or stupid requests ?

at a tim dog show that r.s.o. opened up for....i saw the promoter walk across the stage before they came out, so he could get to the other side. as soon as he took one step off the stage...ray dog aka benzino and his henchmen like supafly snooka , jumped off the stage on top of the promoter , stomping the shit out of him. then proceeded to do the show.
    real schitt.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I once seen a drunk girl quietly throw up on the floor of the bus home after a night on the town

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    I've seen people get shot inside the club on two different occasions. Shit was not cool. That was 95 or 96 I think. I don't really go out like I used to anymore, I feel old as dirt when I do.

• Options
    I once seen a drunk girl quietly throw up on the floor of the bus home after a night on the town

You should take a ride on the Babylon branch of the Long Island Railroad on a late weekend night leaving Penn Station, specifically the 2:30am train. It used to be worthy of comment if a ride on that train didn't have a fight, people damn near fucking, or somebody throwing up somewhere and it was only a 40 minute ride to my stop.

One time some early-40's guy offered me 20 bucks to play More Than A Feeling by Boston (while we were setting up before the party), which I politely told him I didn't have. He told me to keep the 20 anyway, then hung by the bar and got wasted all night. Later on he kept screaming "BOSTOOOOON" at the top of his lungs (this is near 2am at this point) and when one of my friends told him to relax the guy screamed "BOSTOOOOON" right in his face. My boy cracked him in the jaw as soon as he finished yelling, then went to grab his head to slam it into the bar when he pulls the guy's toupee right off his head. The world's biggest Boston fan ran right out the bar without the toupee, then we all took turns wearing it for the rest of the night.

I can't count how many times I've seen girls giving dudes head or trying to jerk off some limp-dicked crackhead in Roxy, Twilo, and Tunnel. Same shit with guys on guys too.

I ain't even gonna bring up the shit I've seen at the gay parties in NYC, this board is definitely not ready.

Saw a girl get straight robbed in Roxy because she was high as a kite trying to sell E pills, back in '95. She has a little crowd together around her, with a guy I know in the group and her bag of shit is ON THE GROUND and he's haggling at her throwing numbers and confusing the shit out of her. Another guy from Brooklyn comes right up behind her, reaches between her legs and snatches the goods in one fell swoop, 100-200 pills gone like that.

You should take a ride on the Babylon branch of the Long Island Railroad on a late weekend night leaving Penn Station

I don't doubt it - but that was a very sarcastic facemelt, as it's par for the course to have drunk broads spewing every which way after a certain hour in this neighborhood.

One time a dude killed it with the mad voluminous and stinky barf game while I was riding on the 4 train uptown, 3am or so. Cleared the whole car out.

• Options

You should take a ride on the Babylon branch of the Long Island Railroad on a late weekend night leaving Penn Station

I don't doubt it - but that was a very sarcastic facemelt, as it's par for the course to have drunk broads spewing every which way after a certain hour in this neighborhood.

One time a dude killed it with the mad voluminous and stinky barf game while I was riding on the 4 train uptown, 3am or so. Cleared the whole car out.

My reply was misdirected.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    - Once at Club 205? or something, a reggae night in LES, some dude threw a chair through the window and me and my girl ran out dodging bottles being thrown back and forth across the street, fun night! but always drama.

- I had a dudes throwing one dollar bills at me when I played Club Cheetah or one of those other big cheesy midtown clubs saying "play some Jay-z" but I had a downtempo set because I thought I was playing the "chill room". This dope Japanese chick got on after me and played all the hits, she got the dollars- good for her!

• Options
    - Once at Club 205? or something, a reggae night in LES, some dude threw a chair through the window and me and my girl ran out dodging bottles being thrown back and forth across the street, fun night! but always drama.

I dated a girl who lived on Stanton for two of the 6 years we were going out, four doors down from 205. There was always shit going down at that place, and I recall broken glass on the sidewalk on more than one occasion (they had riot gates over the windows so you never saw the actual brokenness). I think it's an upscale spot now. King Crown did reggae nights there for awhile, is that who you saw?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Small bar, packed. Actually, I think dstill was playing. Everyone was far too drunk, and the place was way beyond capacity.
    Some jerk-off in a stolen car drives by the place at about 60mph, side swipes two or three rides in front of the bar, and then swerves hard across the street and through the wall of a business. His passenger was unconscious, and dude gets out of the drivers seat and flees the scene.
    Cops and firetrucks start showing up everywhere and the owner went berserk, kickin everyone out of the bar b/c of capacity issues.
    That place had stories for days. Pimps backhanding their tricks out front and coke being dealt all over the place.
    I think it's out of business now.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I've seen people get shot inside the club on two different occasions. Shit was not cool. That was 95 or 96 I think. I don't really go out like I used to anymore, I feel old as dirt when I do.

Right around that same time, we had a huge Def Jam tour come through and perform at this old warehouse that folks used to throw raves at. The promoter had our graf crew paint the inside so we got in for free. As usual, the show was taking forever to start but finally the MC came out and said ???Onyx is right back stage! Y???all ready to bacdafucup?!??? The MC disappeared and after a couple minutes I hear POP! POP! POP! and people start screaming and ducking down. My stupid ass thinks this is all part of Onyx??? entrance so I???m standing there trying to get a better view of the stage. Next thing I know I???m being pulled to the floor by my boy Cuate One aka Token FBI/CWA.

Turns out a couple Western Hills and/or South Park Bloods came through on a mission. After the gunsmoke cleared, 2 Crips lay bleeding on the dirty ass floor. When I say Crip, I mean it literally and figuratively: one of the dudes that got got was a true-blue wheelchair-bound Crip. Damn.

As expected, the aftermath was a zoo. Women screaming, fools pushing, pulling and running for the nearest exit. We ended up outside where me, Lex One, Sick and one of the cuates (twins) jumped in my car. I don???t remember why, but for some reason we decided to get the eff out of Dodge. We all jump in my car and as we???re pulling out onto the main street, we pass a cop car arriving at the scene. We both look at each other as we pass and the next thing I know the cop is slamming on his brakes and flipping a bitch. Seconds later we???re lit up by a police ???copter and surrounded by about ten police cars. These fools thought WE were the shooters! They do the whole ???arms out the car and drop the keys??? routine and then one-by-one have us walk backwards and get on our knees. I, of course, am scared and nervous ???cause a) they got a shitload of guns pointed at us, b) Lex is a big-time marijuano (that fool???s ALWAYS high) and c) Sick is reckless motherfucker. I mean, I kept my cool but I was worried that dude was gonna fuck around and get us all locked up, or worse, shot. (He???s currently doing time for being an accessory to murder. I was literally 10-15 seconds away from being considered an accessory with him, but that???s a whole ???nother story!) Lex was so high that the fool couldn???t walk straight backwards. The police had to wrangle him in early ???cause they thought he was inching his way towards the desert to make a run for it! Ha ha! Fucking pothead.

Anyways, after the cops realized we were the wrong people they let us bounce. No apologies, but at least they weren???t excessive and abusive. I learned to stay put during the aftermath of a shooting (unless, of course, there???s a chance that more bullets may fly).

I still never got to see Onyx.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

I still never got to see Onyx.

You were not ready to bacdafucup.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    [quote I kept the note ( i have a collection of said requests)

Coffee table book?

It really should be. Seriously. I've had this conversation several times with several DJs. We've all been given all sorts of strange/stupid/funny request notes. Compiling them into a book would be freakin' funny.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Is this supposed to be a "weird" DJ experience? I've got that Mag 7/Radio Clash 12" in the play crate on the regular. Blends well with a lot of genres.

Hell yeah. Especially for the majority of gigs that I play at. Needless to say, it's a great record.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Yup, working deejay dudes chime in! For me:

-Some drunk chick kept nagging at like 9:30 to play timberland and other becky heat. After her boyfriend offered me an amazing $10 bucks and some lip-service about "our friend at the bar is from L.A." I busted out with "i'm really trying to be nice and patient but sit the fuck down and finish your well drink". Their other friend came up and basically sat there ice-grilling me for 30 minutes while trying to make a request. I pretended I didn't see her.

-some lady left a note by my bag that read "you need to get and play a PIMPTASTIC mix-cd by girl talk", what was even weirder was that she placed something that looked like coffee beans to weigh the note down. I kept the note ( i have a collection of said requests) and tossed the bean (PAUSE)

- some dude(s) walked around the club with a pizza offering slices to strangers. The lid to the box was flopping around and people had no clue what to do.

-I was slurred the phrase "maaaaayyyyyyy thiiiirster lourvbes fiiiirfty centthhhhhhhhh" (my sister loves 50 cent)

-There's a chain of hot dog stands called "what's up dog" in s.f.. There's one kiddie corner from the club and I went and got a kielbasa (GROW UP DUDES!). During the cooking I ended up getting into a convo about mash-ups and being vegetarian which felt like an enternity

-one of the finest girls i've ever seen came in right behind me spilling out her "shirt/blouse". Her homeboy(???) kept asking for the "leanest sausage meat you guys have". Girl was ridiculous.

and all of this was last night.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    the one time i went to milk this midget sat down at my table and started rubbing my leg spitting that filmore mish mash. that was creepy, even for me.

• I've seen people get shot inside the club on two different occasions. Shit was not cool. That was 95 or 96 I think. I don't really go out like I used to anymore, I feel old as dirt when I do.

Awhile back i used to play this dive spot on Friday nights,any ways there was a fight outside and this dude ended up gettin' shot in the leg,he then came back in and sat at the bar while i watched the blood pool up below him on the floor..everyone kept dancing and no one noticed 'til the cops showed up..they ended up cutting the night an hour short..

• Last night this girl came up to me for what I thought was a request.. so I lean over the turntables and turn my head towards her to hear what she was saying (the music was loud as fuck) and she stuck her tongue right in my ear. In my EAR. So fucking gross, man. And really wet, too.

Then she tried to move in for a kiss and I made this face that said "whaaaaat the fuuuuuucck?!?!" and she got all offended and fled.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I have a request for SF heads: stories from The Top?

I've done a few gigs there back when Sumo was in effect and one of the bartenders there ended up becoming a good friend of my wife's and she used to tell us about all kinds of scandalous shit going on there, including a lot of illcit drug dealing out the bathrooms (voted the worst in SF). Personally, I never witnessed anything that noteworthy in my time there but I'd believe some wicked shit went down.

Sween: regale us gay club stories. If we've witnessed the might of the jizz mop, I think we're ready for anything.

Last night this girl came up to me for what I thought was a request.. so I lean over the turntables and turn my head towards her to hear what she was saying (the music was loud as fuck) and she stuck her tongue right in my ear. In my EAR. So fucking gross, man. And really wet, too.

Then she tried to move in for a kiss and I made this face that said "whaaaaat the fuuuuuucck?!?!" and she got all offended and fled.

Didn't you have the story about the girl flashing you and asking if you wanted to fuck her???

Damn Dori, you've got some kind of mojo!

• Last night this girl came up to me for what I thought was a request.. so I lean over the turntables and turn my head towards her to hear what she was saying (the music was loud as fuck) and she stuck her tongue right in my ear. In my EAR. So fucking gross, man. And really wet, too.

Didn't you have the story about the girl flashing you and asking if you wanted to fuck her???

Haha, oh yeah! Same club, by the way - Local 16. Probably one of the biggest meat markets in DC. Out of control horny people running around all over the place.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    In that case, I think we need more stories from you.

Last night this girl came up to me for what I thought was a request.. so I lean over the turntables and turn my head towards her to hear what she was saying (the music was loud as fuck) and she stuck her tongue right in my ear. In my EAR. So fucking gross, man. And really wet, too.

Haha, oh yeah! Same club, by the way - Local 16. Probably one of the biggest meat markets in DC. Out of control horny people running around all over the place.

So what you're saying is, next time I'm in DC, we should go there!

• I got passed this note while spinning:

i wonder what perfect jam she was envisioning in her head / pelvis... and what non-pelvis-shaking jam you were playing at the time.

i've posted this one on here before, but it's the best request i've ever been handed, soooo:

• In that case, I think we need more stories from you.

One more:

One night as I was packing up my records (same place) this dude comes up to me with these two girls (pretty cute, too). He asks me, "where's the party at?" Joking, I look at one of the girls and say "your place!" The dude then says, "actually, we're looking for a one more swinging partner to join us.." It didn't register at first, so I was kind of like "hahaha, yeah." Then one of the girls says, "so???" and I'm going umm, hmm, uhhh.. and then she yells: "WHAT?! ARE YOU SAYING NO TO THE PUNANY!?!" Then they left, also totally offended.