TIRED OR RETIRED? (Timbo related)

izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
It may have been posted and discussed here, i was away for a while. Forgive me if so. I just wanted to know if that was an hoax...lol
Timbaland Throws In The TowelJuly 3rd, 2007 | Author: A-PlusMany emcees and producers speak of retiring from the game to ride off into the sunset after cementing their musical legacy.So far, none have been able to stay away from the booth.This week, Timbaland says he???s ready to walk away from music, but not before passing the torch to an up and coming producer. Timbo, who's crafted beats for everyone from Jay Z, Missy Elliott and Nelly Furtado is ready to ???throw in the towel.??? He cites boredom with the state of music as the cause for retirement."Music is boring right now. I'm too innovative for the world[/b]" he said during an interview with Gigwise.This isn???t the first time Timbaland has expressed his dissatisfaction with the state of music. In a previous interview, he said he was bored with Hip Hop and looked to produce other types of records.After that statement, Tim backed up his words, going on to produce Justin Timberlake???s critically acclaimed Future Sex/Love Sounds album.Timbaland plans to leave his mark on the industry by appointing one of his understudy???s to pick up the void left after his departure.However, he???s also quick to remind us that there will never be another Timbaland."I've been doing it so long, I'm about to throw in the towel. I'm about to de-crown myself and pass it over to one of the up-and-coming producers under me. They won't be able to be me--there's only one Timbaland--but there's a certain sound that I try to teach."

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Hoax or no hoax, it's pretty fucking lame.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    i think it just reflects his sexual orientation...

Chew on this one too (take care : VERY lame!!:
    Although his album was meant to be released last year, it has taken Freeway a little bit longer to finally hit store shelves. Why?

"Everybody knows I'm Muslim...I made my pilgrimage, I traveled to Mecca."

During this time, Free thought about the impact making music has on his life. As he states in this comment, he also thought about leaving the rap life behind.

"Me being Muslim, I'm not even supposed to be doing music. It takes away from the remembrance of God. For me and for the other [Muslims] in the world, the time they are listening to my music, they could be reading, studying the Koran. The time I'm doing music, I could be studying the Koran. Me knowing that's the right thing to do and I'm doing something wrong, I had to buckle down and get myself together. 'Do I really wanna do this? Do I really wanna go against my God like that?' I came up with the conclusion, and here we go," he told MTV.

What made him go this route?

"I got that love for it and the passion...I'm doing so good, it keeps coming. And I gotta keep feeding my family. So, like [Mike Jones'] song 'What We Do Is Wrong,' that's how I look at it. We all are sinners, but I repent and ask God to forgive for the things I do."

Now, his next album's first single is ready for radio. Big Spender, a track which features Jay-Z, will be the first release from the new LP.

"It's the first single off the album Free at Last. [Me and Jay] go in and out on the last verse; we go eight and eight [bars] on the first two verses. It's crazy. We just talking that money; what we want, we get. It's beautiful. We got Dame Grease on the production; we're just trying to bring it back to where Roc-A-Fella is supposed to be," he said.

His album may take some time to come out, but he is prepping a new mixtape, Live Free or Die Hard, by DJ Don Cannon. That should be enough to hold fans off until Free at Last is released later this year.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I heard some of Free's stuff on the Aphilliates' show and it was NICE. I am excited.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Do we really care about TIMBO!!! On to some real NEWS!!!!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Do we really care about TIMBO!!!

i used to. pop music killed timbo. boo.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    ...too innovative for the world[/b]"

Nobody has taken this location yet??

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    he said he was bored with Hip Hop and looked to produce other types of records.
    I, too, am bored with hip hop.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    he said he was bored with Hip Hop and looked to produce other types of records.
    I, too, am bored with hip hop.

Because HIP HOP is boring

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    "So, like [Mike Jones'] song 'What We Do Is Wrong,' that's how I look at it."

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I'm about to de-crown myself and pass it over to one of the up-and-coming producers under me. They won't be able to be me--there's only one Timbaland--but there's a certain sound that I try to teach."

Not much will change, except Danjahands'll get production credit.

Timbaland says: "I need attention! Buy my weak album!"

He was an amazing producer at the peak of his abilities, though. I don't really get it - if he's too "innovative" for music now, why does he keep rehashing (Promiscous = Give it to me) instead of actually innovating like he used to? He wanted pop hits, he's got them - what's holding him back?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    So, like [Mike Jones'] song 'What We Do Is Wrong,'

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

LOL at Muslim Freeway turning to Mike Jones lyrics for solace.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

"What We Do" is a Freeway song.

• lord234lord234 236 Posts
    TIRED

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

my point exactly.

Freeway makes referrence to his own song, and the know-nothing journalist attempts to help the reader by mis-identifying whose song it is.

people that write about hip-hop professionally are almost all idiots.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

oh then I'm as confused as you all. I don't listen to Freeway. the journalist is a douche.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

oh then I'm as confused as you all. I don't listen to Freeway.

That surprises me--you should consider doing so.