CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
edited November 2017 in Strut Central
-

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    How are they all assholes?

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    How are they all assholes?

Sounds like we have a drum and bass fan in our midst...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    haha. I can kinda see what you're saying. I have this impression that they are compulsive aggressive people that are really into cars and other slick shit like that.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    and they are secretly into dark heavy metal.

• So DJ Craze is a asshole??

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Not because they like the music, but because they are all assholes for some reason.

discuss.

Let me guess: drum & bass = Clownstep / Rave

• lord234lord234 236 Posts
    drum & bass is old news, it's over, let's discuss grime instead.........

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    Not because they like the music, but because they are all assholes for some reason.

discuss.

haha, i love this thread.

how old are u? 12?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    haha. I can kinda see what you're saying. I have this impression that they are compulsive aggressive people that are really into cars and other slick shit like that.

rap fans?

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    grime is old news, it's over, let's discuss dubstep instead.........

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

they're into CARS? Oh god the horror! They must be stopped!

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts

discuss.

i agree with thsi guy. every drum and bass night ive ever been to (and d +b seems to still be quite big in Bristol) is full of aggressive stoners. jerks.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

rap fans?

Rockabilly?

• sergserg 682 Posts
    what I hate about drum and bass fans is that they always want to prove to you how good it is.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    What is drum and bass?

• It's not about drum and bass, or any instruments, it's about good music or bad music.
    But it's true that bass is the backbone of the beat, there is some hiphop tracks without bass, it sounds like something missing ...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I like drums.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    dubstep is old news, it's over, let's discuss hip-house instead.........

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    hip-house is old news, it's over, let's discuss post-modern soul instead.........

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    So DJ Craze is a asshole??

Didn't he switch to D&B because he thought hip-hop fans were assholes?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i like some drum n bass

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    I'm most surprised that people actually know people who are into drum and bass.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    It's not about drum and bass, or any instruments, it's about good music or bad music.
    But it's true that bass is the backbone of the beat, there is some hiphop tracks without bass, it sounds like something missing ...
    LeToupt!!!! where u been?

• lord234lord234 236 Posts
    post-modern soul is old news, it's over, let's discuss south-american psych folk instead.........

• drum & bass is old news

I liked it for a minute when I first heard it in 1993 / 1994 - I guess when it became mainstream. Like all immediately rewarding, super catchy things, you totally loved it, then got sick of it real quick.

Are there other genres like this? Virulently catchy, then quickly played out?

• mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts
    a lot of kids in dnb are either a trying to dj it or be producers in it. it is rare that you find a casual listener and a lot of the kids take that shit too seriously

• Options
    I'm most surprised that people actually know people who are into drum and bass.

I know a lot of people in general, one or two of them are bound to be into something.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    i like some drum & bass. maybe it's played or whatever, i don't really care. i find that d&b is much like other dance music genres that people deem flash-in-the-pan - there are only a few a handful of tracks that are good. the rest is garbage. but hey, i guess that's music nowadays.

i'm sure most of you folks can't get with it. it's not for most people.

but i kinda agree, folks who strictly listen to drum & bass seem a little scheisty or mentally imbalanced, but they tend to think the music itself is "intelligent". last time i saw some kids that came from some drum & bass night they looked like crusty punk meets goth meets 90s raver. definitely not the type of people i would lend a dollar to.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Arseholes, each and every one to a man, without exception.

• i like some drum & bass. maybe it's played or whatever, i don't really care. i find that d&b is much like other dance music genres that people deem flash-in-the-pan - there are only a few a handful of tracks that are good. the rest is garbage. but hey, i guess that's music nowadays.

i'm sure most of you folks can't get with it. it's not for most people.

but i kinda agree, folks who strictly listen to drum & bass seem a little scheisty or mentally imbalanced, but they tend to think the music itself is "intelligent". last time i saw some kids that came from some drum & bass night they looked like crusty punk meets goth meets 90s raver. definitely not the type of people i would lend a dollar to.

Being in France near UK where and when the movement was strong, most of "normal" people, and especially girls, moved away from it when d'n'b became more dark and harder, all the hardcore "baldhead style" Ed rush & Optical deviance of d'n'b killed the mainstream potential of it. Examples of former d'n'b lovers who jumped into more "sexier" and groovier new styles of music at the end of the 90s (I would say UK garage or broken beat) are numerous, the obvious example is Gilles Peterson.
    Most of people (men and women) who were deep into it basically stopped to go in d'n'b parties because it was packed with men-only ravers and junkies looking like Nosferatu.
    The evolution is pretty the same as HIP HOP in the 90s, when girls were fed up of gangsta rap and the sells and interest began to decrease. d'n'b just don't have (and probably will never have) a Timbaland or Pharrel Williams.