Recommend DVD burning software...

G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
I have probably tried this before, but I'm getting really frustrated right now. I can't find software that does everything I need. I need DVD software that can burn AVI files, that can add menus to the disc, and that allows you to change the quality of your files so you can fit different amounts on the disc. I had a program working yesterday called Imtoo but after the first disc, I started getting this dvdcore.exe error about 3/4 through the burn and I can't burn anything with that program anymore. I tried DVDsanta but it doesn't let you create menus so you can only burn one show or movie to a disc. I tried Xilisoft and something wasn't working right with that.Any other recommendations? Does Nero do all of this shit? The software that came with my dvd burner doesn't support AVI. What else is there? I've googled ot no avail. Thanks for any recommendations.

Comments

• HL_MackenHL_Macken 18 Posts
    mang, just cop a dvd player capapble of playing divx. They dirt cheap and it saves alot of fucking around. Mine has a usb port which I connected to an external hardrive, ballin.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Thanks for the recommendation, but it's not just about that. I'm trying to burn some stuff for my brother, and I'm not going to make him buy a new DVD player to watch the things I'm trying to burn for him. I want to be able to burn the stuff I want to burn the way I want to burn it. I do need to get one of those players for myself though.

man a divx capable dvd player is like 30 bucks. Tell your brother to be a man.

you know, thanks for your attempt at helping me, but trying to insult my family was not the way i hoped this thread would go. you can fall back now.

you know, thanks for your attempt at helping me, but trying to insult my family was not the way i hoped this thread would go.

man, you dont know the first thing about the strut.

you know, thanks for your attempt at helping me, but trying to insult my family was not the way i hoped this thread would go.

man, you dont know the first thing about the strut.

i hope you're an alias.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    The full nero package does this (not sure how else they sell it, but the piece you need is nero vision express). You can add menus and make chapters from avi's. PC i assume? Program is slightly unstable, but generally works pretty well...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I have probably tried this before, but I'm getting really frustrated right now. I can't find software that does everything I need.

I need DVD software that can burn AVI files, that can add menus to the disc, and that allows you to change the quality of your files so you can fit different amounts on the disc.

I had a program working yesterday called Imtoo but after the first disc, I started getting this dvdcore.exe error about 3/4 through the burn and I can't burn anything with that program anymore. I tried DVDsanta but it doesn't let you create menus so you can only burn one show or movie to a disc. I tried Xilisoft and something wasn't working right with that.

Any other recommendations? Does Nero do all of this shit? The software that came with my dvd burner doesn't support AVI. What else is there? I've googled ot no avail. Thanks for any recommendations.

Hey,

Just to understand, you wanna burn AVI/DIVX files to a dvd & add a menu & you want this to work on a typical dvd player? If that's what you want, I'd suggest convertxtodvd

h