Let’s list the best astrology-themed songs/albums

2»

Comments

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    I remember the first time I heard my old man's Floaters LP I must've been 13 or so, but this line cracked me up: "Cancer and my name is Larry, huh. And I like a woman that loves everything and everybody. And you know what ladies, if you feel that this is you, then this is what I want you to do...Float float on...."

Float On is the name of the track, but is Stetsasonic's version better?

Prince Paul: "We gonna rock those vowels when I get home: ay, eeee, aye, ohhh, yoooo"

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Sign Of The Zodiac series on A&M (late 60's), each LP dedicated to one sign (12 albums in all), containing spoken word narration over spacey electronic music by Mort Garson, kool stuff !!!

The music is the same on each lp. For sampling purposes; sounds are open in different spots on different records.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Sign Of The Zodiac series on A&M (late 60's), each LP dedicated to one sign (12 albums in all), containing spoken word narration over spacey electronic music by Mort Garson, kool stuff !!!

The music is the same on each lp. For sampling purposes; sounds are open in different spots on different records.

Yo Laser, I just have two, Scorpio and Taurus, these two LPs does not have the same compositions, but I could imagine that they might have used some of the same compositions on some of the albums,...12 records thats alot of music...!

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    There's this one crazy Astrology project I have on Astral Disc I believe, it's got both a female and male narrator discussing signs over real "out there" beats. both make hilarious comments, one in particular but I forget which.

Yo Laser, I just have two, Scorpio and Taurus, these two LPs does not have the same compositions, but I could imagine that they might have used some of the same compositions on some of the albums,...12 records thats alot of music...!

Both A&M? I'll have to wait till I get some more. There is another series of all 12 signs with the mod girl on the cover, but they kinda suck. I also just heard a Kasey Kassem recites the zodiac thing. It was not good, but you kinda hear Kasey Kassem going "and the number one sign is"

Dan

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

I've got the Virgo edition of that one ??? nice moogy stuff. I'd like to hear some of the other 11.

Another similar series is Sydney Omarr on Astro Records, but not as interesting, just talk and no music.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

Both A&M? I'll have to wait till I get some more. There is another series of all 12 signs with the mod girl on the cover, but they kinda suck. I also just heard a Kasey Kassem recites the zodiac thing. It was not good, but you kinda hear Kasey Kassem going "and the number one sign is"

Dan

Yes both A&M.
    There's also a 45 zodiac related series called Message From The Stars on Astrolog Records, my boy the Brooklynite has found two of these in NY, the one I heard was real dope, smokedout mellow rhodes funk with spokenword narration...

Dan

Yes both A&M.
    There's also a 45 zodiac related series called Message From The Stars on Astrolog Records, my boy the Brooklynite has found two of these in NY, the one I heard was real dope, smokedout mellow rhodes funk with spokenword narration...

Cool.

I have a Jean Dixion PS 45 where she retells her story of predicting JFK's assination. She pleaded (according to her) with Jackie to not let him go to Dallas.

Im off to spoken word.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    Freedom - GMF & the F5

"I'm Cowboy and I'm runnin' this show, my zodiac sign is HUH Virgo"

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

And don't you forget -
    And don't you forget -

What?

And don't you forget your Zodiac sign!

Well, I'm little Rodney C
    and I'm on-the-go
    and my Zodiac sign is