New Yorkians

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
90% sure that I'm off to Manhattan this weekend to take in some city air and buy some grails. What record stores are popping off right now? Somehow I always end up at Academy and A-1 and never buy anything. TSL and Gimme Gimme are obligatory but after that (???).

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Oh... and rapedonkeys... what's up with records for sale straight out of your trunk like last time?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yup, usual suspects...

you might want to check out King George who has heat on the walls, but condition can be an issue and he's gonna want top $$.

Yup, usual suspects...

you might want to check out King George who has heat on the walls, but condition can be an issue and he's gonna want top $$.

will do and will probably hit some fleaz on Sunday. I got some tax refund cheese and supllemental Starpoint income to blow!

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    you might want to check out King George who has heat on the walls,

that place is like a dream. well, just to look at the heat on the walls is a dream. like you said, condition can be a little sketchy. but for everything i have always wanted, hes got it on the wall, for the most part.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    you might want to check out King George who has heat on the walls,

that place is like a dream. well, just to look at the heat on the walls is a dream. like you said, condition can be a little sketchy. but for everything i have always wanted, hes got it on the wall, for the most part.

The shit on the walls is over priced but in New York you come to expect it. Random cats to who many not know prices to come in there and drop $$.

I dont know whats left out there. Really depends on any random day cause u never know when a fool will come off and drop off his collection to sell.
    Bleeker Bobs, A-1, Kims, Rock N Soul are good starters.

• look up ROCKET SCIENCTIST on st.mark,use to be on west 4th,those guys record collector hecklers fo sho

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Yup, usual suspects...

will do and will probably hit some fleaz on Sunday. I got some tax refund cheese and supllemental Starpoint income to blow!
    you know the deal r***, I have a decent lead in the bronx this weekend. I'll tell you the details later.

rape dizzle, maybe I can bring that MPC disk by if we come through.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Yup, usual suspects...

you know the deal r***, I have a decent lead in the bronx this weekend. I'll tell you the details later.

rape dizzle, maybe I can bring that MPC disk by if we come through.

Your avatar is too much.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Ever been to Finyl Vinyl? Right by Gimme Gimme. Somehow I never heard anyone mention it on here...

- J

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    don't overlook the Academy locations, I've found some nice things there on occasion and I hear the annex gets some unusual things in.

and trades in NY are like cigarettes are in prison

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    90% sure that I'm off to Manhattan this weekend to take in some city air and buy some grails.

Better hope me and my 4-man crew don't catch you in our secret spots!

IN THE[/b]

don't overlook the Academy locations, I've found some nice things there on occasion and I hear the annex gets some unusual things in.

All was good with Academy until Delay's buddies from VA took over. They are very hip to the crate digging shit and now most of the once slept on goodies go on to eBay... even the annex eBays.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    90% sure that I'm off to Manhattan this weekend to take in some city air and buy some grails.

Better hope me and my 4-man crew don't catch you in our secret spots!

IN THE[/b]

HAH!!!!!!!!!

• 90% sure that I'm off to Manhattan this weekend to take in some city air and buy some grails. What record stores are popping off right now? Somehow I always end up at Academy and A-1 and never buy anything. TSL and Gimme Gimme are obligatory but after that (???).

I've been getting these emails lately:

"Attention: All Djs, Producers, Record Collectors and
    Music Lovers! Here is a great opportunity to get your
    hands on some rare records as well as your all time
    favorites. Choose from our collection of over 30,000
    records featuring Soul, Funk, Jazz, Hip Hop, House,
    Reggae, Rock, Latin, Pop, Classical, Broadway Shows,
    Movie Soundtracks and much, much more. These records
    are priced from $2.00 and up. At our last sale, those
    who were "diggin' in the crates" found so many gems
    that they're too numerous to mention in this ad.

***REMEMBER THERE ARE MANY RECORDS ADDED TO INVENTORY
    EVERY WEEK! SO WHO KNOWS WHAT YOU'LL FIND AT THIS
    SALE?...HMMMMMMM!

****JUST ADDED...A LIMITED SELECTION OF 45's!
    -------------------------------------------------------
    This Weekly Incredible Record Sale takes place this
    Wednesday April 6th 2pm - 9pm Friday April 8th 2pm -
    9pm and Saturday April 9th 2pm -9pm

@ 260 Spring St., (bet. Varick & Hudson St.) Spring
    St. is a few blocks north of Canal St., Downtown,
    Manhattan

You must RSVP for this event! Call or email Sam:
    [email]sams_records@yahoo.com[/email] or 646.247.1309 (clearly leave
    your name, number, email address and the amount of
    guests)

***You must call me at 646.247.1309 when you arrive so
    you can be let upstairs."

But have yet to go to it, so not sure on the quality of the selections. Anyone else know about this?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    N*****,

don't even bother dogee. that shit was pathetic. total waste of time.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    I was gonna go to that to, but when I talked to the guy on the phone he was pushy as hell. I RVSPed for yesterday by email, and he called me twice yesterday to see if I was coming. I was planning on maybe dropping by on Saturday, but now that it seems its lame, I won't.

• don't overlook the Academy locations, I've found some nice things there on occasion and I hear the annex gets some unusual things in.

The Brooklyn spot is popping. The other spot can be hit or miss.

Cosign academy. Few deals. But they're there.

Final Vinyl is good for the odd $150 record on the wall for $40.

There are some older spots on the Village that I breezed through today and caught some $50+ records for $20-25, you might want to check them too.

It's hella funny how, since NYC has these boutiques, "beat digga" types don't even check the other stores anymore.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Yo how is that OST btw? A spot out here had and I passed on it.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    It's hella funny how, since NYC has these boutiques, "beat digga" types don't even check the other stores anymore.
    this is true. without the "hella" of course.

this is true. without the "hella" of course.

This is true actually of lots of cities

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    so whats george got up on the wall?
    ive never been to his shop. i just go to TSL and then get with my people

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    derelict $75 Baby Hueys and shit. Found a Show & AG "Party Groove" there for $30,and some Korean Psych shit. It's all timing dawg, you know how that go.