Options

iPhone

13»

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    i've been calling everyone on my phone list (with my regular phone) saying "hey, guess the fuck what? i'm calling you from my iphone". its a great ice breaker.

DIE

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i wasn't serious, but now i'm gonna do it for sure!

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    the hipster army feels good. loads of unity. everyone listens to vincent gallo records and buys bk industry bags. im just waiting for them to make a case for my iPhone.

thad be hella cool.

the hipster army feels good. loads of unity. everyone listens to vincent gallo records and buys bk industry bags. im just waiting for them to make a case for my iPhone.

thad be hella cool.

HUH?

back on topic, isnt that phone as fat as hell? i'm still waiting for a phone with the thickness of 7 credit cards pressed together so i can slip it in my front pocket without seeming to nurse a crooked hard on.

nurse a crooked hard on.

IT HATH BEEN TOOKEN THURR

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

I'm guessing that the "vibrate" function is ON.

Read into that.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    always.

re: alieND

it is pretty fat

but most 'smart' fones are like that anywho. i needed a new mp3 player, ive never had a digicam, and my fone was on its last leg. this was the logical next step for me, being an att customer.

so insane.

always.

re: alieND

it is pretty fat

but most 'smart' fones are like that anywho. i needed a new mp3 player, ive never had a digicam, and my fone was on its last leg. this was the logical next step for me, being an att customer.

so insane.

i hear you. i think its clear that the next progression of such devices is a matter of reduction of physical sizes and bigger memory storage...and battery life...not revolutionary features. the touch screen is the feature that was the final piece of the puzzle and now that apple has made that a standard, the next couple of years will be quite interesting with the competition involved.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    My friend brought her new iPhone to dinner (note: she works for Apple and the company GAVE all FT employees and any PT employees with more than a year with the company a free phone. Which is kind of crazy since, when my girl was working there FT, the best she ever got was a SHUFFLE). Looks like Apple wants to really get the word out there.

In any case, I got to play with it and the short opinion is that: yeah, it's pretty sweet. A little too slippery - I almost dropped that sucker twice. That would have been supremely NAGL.

The speed issue...is a real issue. I used the phone to download Soul Sides at URGE speed and it has painfully. Slow. I can do the same thing on my Sidekick II at about half the speed, albeit, it's not a "real" browser but it's sufficient. That said, once you have a page in front of you, the navigation interface is pretty kick ass. People who think this UI is going to change how other companies do it is completely right. It makes a stylus or trackball seem incredibly antiquated.

HOWEVER, the keyboard was hard to use. I placed my thumbs where I thought the letters would register but I was always one letter off. It was easier to use my index finger since it has a smaller print (vs. my thick ol thumbs) but I don't like one handed typing when I'm perfectly proficient using thumbs on the sidekick. Not sure what Apple might do about this into the future but it was kind of annoying.

That said, would I get one? Yeah. Will I? Nope. Like most skeptical Apple fans, I'm going to sit out until Gen 2 and see what gets improved.

By the way: I'm curious to see how Apple will change the basic iPod after this. Will Gen 6 iPods be touchscreen/widescreen as well?

• parenparen 537 Posts

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

holy shit that looks awesome, can you view the web page horizontally?

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    holy shit that looks awesome, can you view the web page horizontally?

yeah, if you turn the iphone it automatically re-orients the content.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    i honestly don't understand why anyone would want one of these. maybe in a couple years when they come out with a vastly superior device for the same money, but until then, no way.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    i honestly don't understand why anyone would want one of these. maybe in a couple years when they come out with a vastly superior device for the same money, but until then, no way.

um... did you see the picture of those haute cheetos?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

POSTING FROM DA CLUB just got a lot more realerer.

You sound like a PC user.