STONE TEMPLE PILOTS.

magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I think I only know one song by these dudes, the one with the dogs that smell, am I right?

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I remember Gibby of the Butthole Surfers yelling at the crowd as they filed out when the Stone Temple Pilots opened for the Surfers..."Ya bunch of fags, did ya just come to see the Stone Pimple Toilets!?"

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I think I only know one song by these dudes, the one with the dogs that smell, am I right?

I cant remember any of the song lyrics i just thought their "sound" was cool

• my mom confiscated thier first album because of the naked chick with the afro inside the front cover. All I wanted to do was rock out in my Wicked Garden.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    For a year in Huntington Beach, CA, Scott Weiland and I went to the same high school. He led a new wave group called Swad Asant (sp). It was '85-'86, Bowie's The Hunger was the big hip thing or some shit. Somehow the group was actually pretty good, comparable to a less techno Depeche Mode. I've got a yearbook with pictures of him looking like a surfer boy out of water in his choir robes. I also have video of his girlfriend swearing that Scott would wind up a bigtime rock star. There's also a clip of Scott and his group giving out the corniest dedication to the girls at Edison High you could ever imagine. Scott and his younger brother were both fairly cool dudes though overall, I gotta say.

When STP took off, I was such a early grunge purist that I didn't even pay attention to what I considered that commercial garbage...like Pearl Jam. In trips back to Huntington I noticed that everyone there openly accepted STP like they were Guns and Roses or Van Halen or something. I continued to ignore STP since I always knew my Huntington friends to have at least slightly suspect taste in music.

But all these years later when I hear a STP song on the radio, I gotta say it's a whole lot better than most of the rock crap that I've heard come out since. I even have an STP album on cassette now.

Drugs aside, Scott did pretty damned good for himself...I gotta say.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    They're elegant bachelors.

They're foxy to me, are they foxy to you?

I do agree - it does absolutely nothing,
    nothing more to me.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    nerd

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I remember my friend's mom got mad I that I bought him the first STP CD because it had the song titled "sex type thing" or something on the back of it, haha

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

call me mousey