SOUNDGARDEN

33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
First Album - yesRest * Edited to play by the rules

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    i liked that big Sasquatch looking fucker.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Dude, play by the rules please. You must capitalize the title of the post.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Superunknown

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah man, I always liked Soundgarden.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    WORST LIVE BAND EVAR

• WORST LIVE BAND EVAR

I must disagree wholeheartedly!! I saw them at one their last shows ever... It was in austin (can't remember the venue), but they kicked much ass. The whole time i was with my (at the time) girl and was playing it cool the whole time, even though i really wanted to ackafool. Then they did Jesus Christ Pose for the encore so i threw my girl 7 bucks for a drink and jumped in the pit. I lost my shirt and we broke up shortly after.

That being said, i loved Temple Of The Dog too.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    WORST LIVE BAND EVAR

Definitley the WORST UNACCOMPANIED GUITAR SOLO ever... I thought dude was supposed to be a good guitar player...I wanted to shove a pencil in my ear...it was awful

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    WORST LIVE BAND EVAR

I must agree wholeheartedly!! I saw them touring for ULTRAMEGA OK

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    First Album - yes

Rest

Ridiculous - I've never even heard anyone push that up as one of the better releases

They had some decent songs here and there early on but really didn't find their sound until they got signed

BADMOTORFINGER was the only album I could ever get into

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    WORST LIVE BAND EVAR

I saw them open for Danzig ala Louder Than Love. They were better than Danzig. That still doesn't counter your statement. Carry on.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    First album, as in Ultramega OK???

That one has a few decent moments (Head Injury, Beyond the Wheel, Flower) but I'm not sure that it was really better than their previous Sub Pop EP's (with Hunted Down, Little Joe, FOPP).

Louder Than Love was a step forward (especially Uncovered, Gun, Hands All Over, Loud Love).

Badmotorfinger is certified badass. I was just listening to it in my car today. That one would probably be one of those desert island albums for me.

I stopped following them once I saw a really cheesy stripper getting down to Spoonman. But years later I snatched up Superunknown and Down on the Upside and those are great as well.

Saw them live twice, once in a small club on the Louder Than Love, then again in a bigger auditorium on the Badmotorfinger tour. Both were truly awesome shows.

IMO Soundgarden is overall the best rock band since Black Sabbath.

"Ugly Truth"

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    First album, as in Ultramega OK???

That one has a few decent moments (Head Injury, Beyond the Wheel, Flower) but I'm not sure that it was really better than their previous Sub Pop EP's (with Hunted Down, Little Joe, FOPP).

Louder Than Love was a step forward (especially Uncovered, Gun, Hands All Over, Loud Love).

Badmotorfinger is certified badass. I was just listening to it in my car today. That one would probably be one of those desert island albums for me.

I stopped following them once I saw a really cheesy stripper getting down to Spoonman. But years later I snatched up Superunknown and Down on the Upside and those are great as well.

Saw them live twice, once in a small club on the Louder Than Love, then again in a bigger auditorium on the Badmotorfinger tour. Both were truly awesome shows.

IMO Soundgarden is overall the best rock band since Black Sabbath.

"Ugly Truth"

Yes. Badmotorfinger and Superunknown are excellent albums. Down On the Upside caters to popular taste (at the time, obviously) a bit too much for my liking, but the majority of the record is great as well.

I wouldn't say they're the best rock band since Sabbath, but they're in my top 10 favorite rock bands. Along with the Pixies and Zep. To the infuriation of some out there, I say DEAL.