YOUR FAVOURITE SOUTH-AMERICAN PSYCH RECORDS

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I think it's crazy you have 22 post and expect shit.

so what??? i'm not expectin anything, i'm just curious what records you guys are feelin. i never heard about billy bond for example, but it looks like something worth checking. for one, you could recommend some good albums too, you probably have some deeper knowledge on this subject

not me, i'm moronic on the subject.

• lord234lord234 236 Posts
    yeah i was talkin about delay.....

but anyway, you could recommend me some records with girls and boys singing sabadabadaba.... or some shit... you have plenty of those....

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

- spidey

yeah i was talkin about delay.....

but anyway, you could recommend me some records with girls and boys singing sabadabadaba.... or some shit... you have plenty of those....

Yeah, I'm not as trendy as you young collectros and your brazilian hype.

I mean really, Os Mutantes? Did you just get here in a time machine from the '90s? Did Kurt Cobain send you?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

One tracker IMHO, but a damn good one at that.

I mean really, Os Mutantes? Did you just get here in a time machine from the '90s? Did Kurt Cobain send you?

what kind of bullshit is this??? just because cobain liked them, and the young guys are just getting up on this music, you can't listen to the mutantes??

don't get it twisted, i like the sabadaba type music too.....

by the way i saw the cover of querelas do brasil from quarteto em cy on your website. is it nearly as good as the one from '72, the self titled one?

AND DJ FERRARI:

AND WHAT ABOUT KISSING SPELL - LOS PAJAROS? i love that record

AND DJ FERRARI:

I've actually never heard this one... been meaning to. Don't know much from Chile outside of Aguaturbia. I don't know shit about Uruguay either, but there's supposedly a ton of psych records.

AND DJ FERRARI:

I've actually never heard this one... been meaning to. Don't know much from Chile outside of Aguaturbia. I don't know shit about Uruguay either, but there's supposedly a ton of psych records.

uruguay - check psiglo

is it nearly as good as the one from '72, the self titled one?

By no means. its pretty

is it nearly as good as the one from '72, the self titled one?

By no means. its pretty

did they have any more good albums at the beginning of the 70's? i love the self titled one from '64... (you see i love anything thats self titled.......)

I think this is their best

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I have a Salvadoran comp from around 1970 that's a face melter. I don't have it in front of me but one of the bands is called Los Apple Pie. Serious fuzz. Los Aspon and Los Vikings are there as well.
    As far as Brazilian's doing psych - while I do think there's some good Brazilian psych out there for some reason the Argentines and the Peruvians were a little better at it. Maybe the Brazilians were too much in the groove to really freak out.

Los Vikings

This is a really solid record... more garage than psych, but totally sweet nonetheless.

I have a Salvadoran comp from around 1970 that's a face melter. I don't have it in front of me but one of the bands is called Los Apple Pie. Serious fuzz. Los Aspon and Los Vikings are there as well.
    As far as Brazilian's doing psych - while I do think there's some good Brazilian psych out there for some reason the Argentines and the Peruvians were a little better at it. Maybe the Brazilians were too much in the groove to really freak out.

los apple pie..... would like to hear that..... yeah i think i like peruvian psych a bit better than brazilian, traffic sound is the shit!

so let's resurrect this thread.....

my man just burned me a cd of this group called st. thomas pepper smelter, they're from peru, the album came out around '69 and it's pretty cool, there are some decent covers on it, like in a gadda da vida

by the way - does anyone know this chilean group Congregacion? i love their album, and i saw it on some website that their singer ANTONIO SMITH released two solo albums that are pretty fucking and i can't find any info about them on the net. could anyone let me know what's the deal with them? are they any good?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    gal costa-gal
    the 1st os mutantes
    africa brasil-jorge ben (i know its fonkay Brazilian but it has a good amount of psych in it)

edit: and the jorge ben self entitled which is amazing.

by the way - does anyone know this chilean group Congregacion? i love their album, and i saw it on some website that their singer ANTONIO SMITH released two solo albums that are pretty fucking RAER and i can't find any info about them on the net. could anyone let me know what's the deal with them? are they any good?

by the way - does anyone know this chilean group Congregacion? i love their album, and i saw it on some website that their singer ANTONIO SMITH released two solo albums that are pretty fucking RAER and i can't find any info about them on the net. could anyone let me know what's the deal with them? are they any good?

yo DJ Ferrari, you might know something about this.

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts
    it's crazy that a fucking sopranos thread gets over 430 replies and this one barely over 50....

you guys are either on some secret squirrel shit, or don't know shit about latin-american psych, or just don't care....

I'm definitely one of those...

it's crazy that a fucking sopranos thread gets over 430 replies and this one barely over 50....

you guys are either on some secret squirrel shit, or don't know shit about latin-american psych, or just don't care....

good for you.....

good for you.....

thanks...I do my best...

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Bump to top as it's now been three hours and noone has answered the above request despite it being posted three times. What are you guys on? Pull your fingers out and help this man!

Bump to top as it's now been three hours and noone has answered the above request despite it being posted three times. What are you guys on? Pull your fingers out and help this man!

I feel like I've heard one of the Antonio Smith records a long time ago...and don't remember it well enough to say...otherwise I would have commented...but, it wasn't mine it was another friend into that stuff...and he had played me a lot of other records...

I feel like I've heard one of the Antonio Smith records a long time ago...and don't remember it well enough to say...otherwise I would have commented...but, it wasn't mine it was another friend into that stuff...and he had played me a lot of other records...
    it's really fuckin hard to get any information about those albums, at least in english. that's the only place where i found pictures of them:

http://www.progresiva70s.com/Chile.htm
    (scroll down....)

it's really fuckin hard to get any information about those albums, at least in english. that's the only place where i found pictures of them:

http://www.progresiva70s.com/Chile.htm
    (scroll down....)
    the one I heard was "Somos El Mundo" and as I recall...now, looking at it...I think it was kinda folky...

anyway, if you find something out about it, let me know......

Don't know Antonio Smith... also don't know as much as you think I do

OM doesn't know anything either... his specialty is only in Norwegian Polka Death Metal.

OM doesn't know anything either... his specialty is only in Norwegian Polka Death Metal.

asshole! now, I've got competition in the alps! great svetlana's "death shriek" will surely catch a pretty penny now...

asshole! now, I've got competition in the alps! great svetlana's "death shriek" will surely catch a pretty penny now...

lol