Record Show Attendance (generally speaking)

2»

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    are you guys talking about that Holiday Inn show on 57th st???

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    are you guys talking about that Holiday Inn show on 57th st???

years ago, when it was downstairs,
    it could be great
    but
    not anymore

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I went there once years ago - a room with skylights?

bought a highly overpriced Oneness of JuJu lp from that guy Ozzie( from Philly?)

our local Detroit show is OK - if mega crusty - I usually manage to drop a couple bills on 45s with my man Pete Wilg**

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    WHO"S GOING TO THE AUSTIN SHOW THIS YEAR???

Me and whoever wants to catch a real live speedknot.

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    I was just thinking that it also might have something to do with record availability these days. I know for a fact that not all my vendors sell on ebay. I can think of 3 or 4 that still don't even have computers yet. I know they are still out there digging and making every effort to bring their best to the shows but their best just isn't what it used to be.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    WHO"S GOING TO THE AUSTIN SHOW THIS YEAR???

Me and whoever wants to catch a real live speedknot.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    As someone who sells on ebay and at record shows, I can say I sell nearly all my more interesting and expensive records on ebay. It would just be pointless to bring that stuff to KUSF. Either no one would buy it or they'd want to buy it at a fraction of ebay prices. Why would I do that? Record shows are good for getting rid of records in the one dollar to 10 dollar range. I'll also bring a box of stuff in the $10-$50 range for the rare instance when a "baller" actually attends the show, or other dealers who can use some decent titles for their store or whatever. But yeah, it's really easy to be cynical and disallusioned about records shows nowadays, both as a dealer and collector.

Honestly though, the fact that KUSF is dealers selling cheap stuff is part of its appeal for me personally. So many of the stores are picked through that that show is one of the better chances to just find simple wants or double up on a copy of a favorite common record, or some of those obscure records that you're the only one who digs. Anything $30 and below. Yeah, it'd be dope to see more real raer there, and I can imagine that being real frustrating for people who have very specific rare wants, but there's definately a place for a show like KUSF.

I do wish more human beings would show up to these, and I'm guilty in not taking time out to go as often as I should. Props to any show that's trying to make it a fun and social experience and get people out of their grumpy morning digging moods.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

our local Detroit show is OK - if mega crusty - I usually manage to drop a couple bills on 45s with my man Pete Wilg**

Comes correct with raer 45zz

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    Hey All why don't you contact some of the BP dealers and have them sell at yo show? I'm sure they would injoy it cause your show actually has more ladies that show up not sure if there BUTCH OR TRANS BUT HEY eye candy for the oldies but goodies! How about that one lady helping her man sell and her chi chi's popping out funnnyy!!!!

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    the early bird gets the grail

you said it brother. i agree. i have no problem getting up early for records.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Night Owl Record Show is strong and steady.

It looked like attendance was up at the last show. In reality #s were about the same but everyone came at 5 instead of the usual steady stream over the evening.

NORS has lots of good records, and good prices. It lacks customers who are ready to ball. Lots of rare records go wanting because it's Portland. I picked up Kusini the third time dude brought it to the show.

See you all in October.