ART-strut

2»

Comments

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts
    and this:

Team

for this:

Team

Niiiiice. One of these days I'm going to have to attend one of these parties. Maybe before the summer is over.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Not much over here... aside from tripping robos.

Team

Team

Team

and this:

Team

for this:

Team

Ha! Machindedrum. I know that dude from Orlando. What's the deal with the thumper van?

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I'm not really an artist or a painter or anything, but I have fun from time to time. Here are a few random ones from my house:

I did this one about 4 years ago. It's really simple, but it's pretty big (about 4 feet tall) and seems to make most people happy when they see it. It's a mixture of my old roommate and a monkey. It's faded in a few spots over the years. Check out how I tried to get all fancy on that one ear and ended up making a huge mess.

This is an old one too. It's a piece of cardboard with water color on it and layers of the cardboard torn out to create extra colors/layers. it's held up by the smoke detector.

This is from last week. My girlfriend was showing some stuff in an art show and asked if I wanted to submit something under her name. Like sneak me in to the showing. Like most things I do, I waited and waited until two days before. I had no idea what I was going to do, but just made this. Nothing fancy.

not my art, but these seem to be making the rounds. Pretty cool, so I thought I'd add it in here instead of making a new thread. It's all done with scotch tape. I linked my favorites, but you can click on the link for the rest. Sorry if this is a "amen break" type of post. I hadn't seen it before.

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=10157

• not my art, but these seem to be making the rounds. Pretty cool, so I thought I'd add it in here instead of making a new thread. It's all done with scotch tape. I linked my favorites, but you can click on the link for the rest. Sorry if this is a "amen break" type of post. I hadn't seen it before.

damn, those are dope as hell. Props to the artist!

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts

more super- impressive design from mike2600 --- you're shit is very awesome.

• yes, Mike is the man. I think we can all agree on that.

• damn, thank you!

controller7, that painting of yours at the bottom is fresh! are you the one with the collection of old graphic design books or am i confusing you with someone else from anticon?

M

• Fresh stuff all over the place dudes! Especially feelin' Mike's stuff (as usual) and the tape / 45s rainbow collage. Props over here as well:

I'll have one black shirt w/ the van bottom left please!

Hey Mike,
    Thanks for the kind words about the painting. I am not the one with all the books. that's Moodswing. He's big into these days. I've actually been hearing about him from different circles of people. It's like he's the go to guy for design books.

• checked this thread at work today and really appreciated all the work. got me inspired...

these two are not very new and the lighting is not too hot (on my crappiest of digi-cams) so the colors aren't quite like they should be, but you get the idea.

and here's what I started tonight.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    This thread is awesome. I want to see more!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    This thread is awesome. I want to see more!

seriously. i have a bunch of stuff from the past 6 months, but most of it's pretty corporate and i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post it.

• generiquegenerique 625 Posts

Hey, this is quite endearing. I love it.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

more super- impressive design from mike2600 --- you're shit is very awesome.

i like this arrangement too, the old school 80s topaz krylon is killin' it!

• bropsbrops 182 Posts
    My brother was doing this Pink Floyd thing I kind of liked:

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

i like this arrangement too, the old school 80s topaz krylon is killin' it!

Whatchu know about that paper label Chrome Yellow?!

(insert picture of me holding up a can of paper label Chrome Yellow here...damn camera batteries!)

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    shiiit bust out the icy grape and the avocado let's do this! haha.

• shiiit bust out the icy grape and the avocado let's do this! haha.

jungle greeeeen

• shiiit bust out the icy grape and the avocado let's do this! haha.

jungle greeeeen

terracotta

• DUNE493DUNE493 223 Posts

• that baby blue looks yummy!

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    here's my latest, painted a scene of Goa, India, my dad's homeland, for father's day