Your First Dance, Wedding Related

GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
So I'm getting married in exactly a week. I'm wondering what y'all had as your first song. Mine is "Your Song" by Elton John. Much love to my married strutters...gNAT

Comments

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
    Not married nor do I plan to get married anytime soon ...but if I were "Sea Of Love" by Phil Phillips. When I DJ weddings this one always comes along.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    The last wedding I DJ'd, the First Dance was "My Best Friend" by Tim McGraw followed by "Sweet Baby James" by James Taylor. NOT a hipster wedding.

I got hitched in Vegas, so no first dance. The first song on our mix CD was "Move Me No Mountain" by Love Unlimited, which we played in our suite for the reception.

• when that special day comes it will be "The Day You're Mine" by Big Daddy Kane

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    first time i heard this track, i knew it was the one for the wedding (but it aint happening no time soon)

skatalites - the vow
    *honestly this tune should be played at EVERY wedding

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0O5EMMBI7CT93JXJJGD2N92R1

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    If and when, its gonna be "Family Affair" by Sly and the Fam, if I have any say over it.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    always & forever was our 1st dance...
    nothing but oldies at our shit, no lame money dance crap or none of that shit, just oldies & a fat mariachi band, at a lil chill spot on olympic blvd in beautiful east LA... seems like just yesterday

peace

• mariachi band

DOPE. fuckin classy move. a steel drum band or barbershop quartet would also be fresh.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    i just played sarah maclachlan "i love you" as their first dance. not that sweet.

honestly, i have no idea what i would want played at my wedding. i might go with gap band "outstanding."

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    when that special day comes it will be "The Day You're Mine" by Big Daddy Kane

Holy shit! Your raving Hitler avatar is awesome!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    We danced to Make it Good to Me by Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings. Fortunately, I don't think any of the guests listened to the lyrics close enough to realize that it's a song about cheating.

• Etta James - At Last

• Etta James - At Last

Gahdammit, that's what I was going to say. My better half tied one on this weekend, so I took advantage and got her to agree that we would come down the aisle to I Put a Spell on You. We'll see how that holds up on sober reflection though.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Stevie Wonder - You and I

• ZeusZeus 162 Posts
    My wedding:
    Louis Armstrong - Be My Life's Companion ...followed by...
    Norah Jones - Come Away With Me

The wedding I'm DJing in a month:
    Rascal Flatts - Bless The Broken Road

Just more proof that it takes all types...or so people keep telling me.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    If and when mine is going to be "Baby" by Gal Costa (and yes I understand the lyrics).

The wedding I played last night (yawn) wanted an Allison Krauss song as their first. The last one I did used "At Last" by Etta James.

• jaybreeziejaybreezie 161 Posts
    Congratulations Young Gnat!

See you on Saturday holmes. Should be a fun day! Ima have some Music to be Married to... mixtures coming your guys' way...

• oldnewsouloldnewsoul 238 Posts
    Getting married in August

1st Song- You Were Meant For Me- Donny Hathaway

• Mine was the Family Ties Theme[/b]

Extended version. Seriously.

• Just DJ'd my first wedding - pretty good experience (it was for one of the two owners at the record store I work at).

Groom and wedding party walked in to: "Love Walked In" by Ella Fitzgerald
    Bride and father walked in to: "The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face" by Roberta Flack
    During kiss and and entire wedding party exited to: "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye
    First dance was to: "By Your Side" by Sade

Deep beats and Deep Crates,
    SonicReducer
    (TEAMAARON)

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    Gahdammit, that's what I was going to say. My better half tied one on this weekend, so I took advantage and got her to agree that we would come down the aisle to I Put a Spell on You. We'll see how that holds up on sober reflection though.

Nice one! If that doesn't work, tell her that she said her alternate choice was Arthur Brown's "Fire".