Soul Strut Appreciation Thread

2»

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    This is pretty much the only website I visit on a daily basis, it is cool talking about all sorts of music because in reality, I don't actually know of many people who also know about the sort of records I'm into or are as obsessed with records as I am. It is absoulutely invaluable for record knowledge, the humor is consistently crack up & it definitely makes international travel more fun to catch up with a strutter or two & go digging. keep it up everyone.

- spidey

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    on the previous praises.

this is by far my favourite online hangout

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I HEART SOULSTRUT!

[color:white](almost as much as I heart AssParade.com!) [/color]

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Still one of the few things that keeps me sane at work and always entertained. Learnt more about music on here than I could ever get from any book. If I could buy Soulstrut flowers I would.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    Yes,

I love it here.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Cheers to everyone who's made this site what it is, from the knowledge to the humor and the debates to the real world moves. The moderhatters and the superpoasters. Propppppppppssssssss!!!!!

I truly couldn't have pulled off MY moves without you guys, so there's very heartfelt thanks over this way.

My shop is sometimes called 3-D soul strut; with rare exception, that's not too bad of a thing to be.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I HATE SOULSTRUT!

[color:white](but i must admit I do heart the big asses on AssParade.com... i'm old and bitter but I'm not ) [/color]

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

You have all kept me entertained for what? 5 years now?... damn.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    Props to you brother Raj & all SS family, this shit is a masterpiece.[/b]

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I every single thing said. This site has single-handedly changed my earlier opinion that the internet would be the death of real-world, meaningful social relationships.

Cheers!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Yeah, this place is alright.

• Not to mention it has mad ill aliases

Most aliases are pretty boring, but this place is still blowin' up my computer with knowledge.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I'l tip my hat to soulstrut. Even though I am also a newcomer, SS has learned me a lot of things that I will forever be grateful for. Furthermore, people from wackidermy need to remember that it wouldn't exist without soulstrut. Yin and yang, batches.

• Got more respect for soulstrut than a father does his redheaded stepchild. Peace, Love & Record hunting happiness.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    There is no other place like Soulstrut!

I hope not! hahah!

I do appreciate - the knowledge dropped, records bought and sold, the good times and the bad, the laughter and even the heated/wtf? moments. but most of all, and a true testament to how special this place is, everyone I've met in real life from the Board has been super-cool and I am lucky to even call some of them friends.

phew. what a generous helping of corn and 'gee aren't we great?' - but it rarely happens - so yea!

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Props to you brother Raj & all SS family, this shit is a masterpiece.[/b]

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    I want to
    Thank you falettinme be mice elf agin
    I wanna thank you falettinme be mice elf agin

Dance to the music
    All night long
    Everyday people
    Sing a simple song

::reelheadz:: and people in a effed up a world

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Massive

This place is like an online home away from home. Its a 50/50 whether I check my email or Soulstrut first in the morning.

It's always a bit difficult to describe this place to the unfamiliar. The collective knowledge and unique brand of humor (especially) has to be experienced first hand for a length of time before it can be fully appreciated. The amount of inside jokes woven on top of one another is staggering and, for a humor junky like myself, absolutely addictive.

It's like Soulstrut has its own language. The best posters, besides bringing a respectable amount of real life knowledge and experience to the table, are masters at pulling out the most hilarious images and animations (that goddamned gopher in the Paris thread being a prime example).

If nothing else, this place offers such a huge motivation to sharpen up your photoshop skills. I love the challenge of seeing an image and quickly whipping out something like this:

Soulstrut is just classic. Even Dolo's weakminded attempts to "destroy" Soulstrut are classic in their own right and only serve to make this place even more fun to visit (much to his dismay ... perhaps).

Many many thanks to all for all of the knowledge and laughter. I have no doubt that I am a better DJ because of the time I spend on this site and I'm shitloads better at the elusive game of "internet humor".

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i dont even collect records and this site has been awesome for me, and has directly influenced or exposed me to 70% of the music i listen to for the last few years. and i also appreciate the NRR topics, because of the critical commentary and humor. and the graemlins...the site had me at the graemlins

but ya, respect to anyone that gave me advice, suggestions or whether u went about some drunken friday posting. this is the one site i know i won't outgrow... its politics, music, pop culture, inside jokes, self referential, stupidness and knowledge all in once place.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Its also great place to keep track of Paris Hilton's and Brittany Spears career.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    this place has changed a lot, but i never quit stopping by for peek. met a GANG of cool people on here, i'm amazed it's continued to police itself so well. big up everybody strutter.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

T**i and I just got back from my house-hunting hiatus to New Jeruz (we'll rent an apt. initially to find the "right" house). Anyway, I all the praise given to the Soulstrut Community thus far. This is place has a great cast of characters bringing the knowledge, wit, and goodwill. This is my favorite Internet hangout, and I have love for all y'all!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    This place is like no other.

Thank you to Raj for starting this joint, and for being dude enough to still say "hey, welcome to the site" to me back when I first chimed in five years ago or so. It felt good then, and it's only felt better since.

Thank you to all the posters from way way back that keep me feeling connected to this community, even though I don't come around here all day every day like I once did.

Thank you to the Chicago gaylords for being so delicious.

I am humbled and awed to be a part of this place.

Stay focused.

Feel the love.

JRoot

PS Big Stacks - good luck in Jersey! Florida's too damn swampy and 'necky anyhow.

PPS Sween - when provoked...will STRIKE!

PPPS If anyone has that love list I made way back in the day for my 250th post, now's the time to repost. I lost my version crashing a LAN party back in '03 (or was it '04?).

PPPPS If anyone sees Dizzy Bull, tell him that I use Bea-Arthurs as slang for bitches ALL THE TIME. (Arthurs for short)

• Thanks for tolerating a dude. This place kicks arse on music and urrthing else. Nuff respect to all y'all. I've met so many cool-ass mofos through the boards. REal world and all. It just continues.

peace....Big GP

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I likes the Strut. it gives me random things to talk about, usually things that make my girlfriend think I'm a dork. My friend and I always say "did you see that post about..."

Soul Strut is on my daily (multiple times) visit list. It's a blessing and a curse, but I love it.

The other day I went into Groove Merchant and at one point the only people in the shop were Strutters (6 of us). It's interesting how many people are on here.

• Soul Strut is nice

• dmadma 36 Posts
    Respect.