Wiggaz!

Funky_MimizuFunky_Mimizu 631 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
The N-word post got me to reminescing... Anyhow, my high school years were quite tumultuous. Me and my multi-racial buddies were the only people in our town listening to hip-hop music. About entering high school, we caught hell (no, I'm not comparing our plight to that of the black man... well, a little). We were tagged as being a gang, and since some people started calling us wiggers, others assumed this was our "gang name". Shit got out of hand, with lots of fights from cowboy boot wearing hicks, being singled out by faculty and teachers, it even got to where our entire high school was having weekly meetings, with one representative from each homeroom to meet in the theatre, and in a civil fashion, discuss the (actual quote as heard over the loud speaker) "wigger problem". Needless to say, all the crazy senseless antagonism caused us to act out a bit. It was us against the school... All the upper classmen, teachers, the whole nine. It crescendoed with a gun incident at school, after less desireable types began latching on to us, assuming we were as everyone made us out to be... hoods.Anyhow, o show the level of misunderstanding, black kids in our little click (actually, the only black kids in our grade) were called "wiggers" as well. The black upper classmen, who often came to our defense however, were still called "niggers", as they weren't really part of the "wigger gang". I recall one white-bread black kid calling my mexican friend a wigger at a football game. The ignorance levels were fantastic!Anyhow... There was lots of violence, getting in car chases, gangs of seniors driving around in pick-up trucks looking for wiggers. One particular harrowing 2 hour chase involving about 20 cars of "CBer's" waving baseball bats, and throwing beer bottles against a grand am with two white kids (myself included, and two black kids). Straight insanity. I remember being very very offended at the widespread use of the word wigger, especially by faculty at the school. To me, the word "nigger" was implied everytime "wigger" was uttered... It was blatantly racist.Anyhow, I'm older and wiser for it all now.Here's a link that found humorous, and was the origial reason for the post. Maybe you all have seen it already, I'm always the last to find out about this shit...http://www.wiggaz.com Peace...FM

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Anyhow... There was lots of violence, getting in car chases, gangs of seniors driving around in pick-up trucks looking for wiggers. One particular harrowing 2 hour chase involving about 20 cars of "CBer's" waving baseball bats, and throwing beer bottles against a grand am with two white kids (myself included, and two black kids). Straight insanity.

meets

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Pistolgrip pumps trump baseball bats and beer bottles.

• Pistolgrip pumps trump baseball bats and beer bottles.

Oh, those were in the gun rack if they really wanted to use them. No, I know what you mean... the midwest style white-bread violence wasn't shit compared to other shit, but my point was that it was unprecedented for a city like mine, and it was basically the result of hip-hop music, and it manifested itself as ignorant racism and mob mentality. The car chases and after school and lunch room fights were honestly mildly exciting. What was crazy to me was the mentality of not just the other kids, but the adults... the faculty, teachers, principles, town police. This was the first time hip-hop had come to their school, and their attention, and it scared the fuck outta them. Why? Because it was based on non-white culture obviously.

Anyhow, I think you missed my point because I failed to make one. Haha...

Peace...
    F.Mimizu

• This happened in Japan?

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Pistolgrip pumps trump baseball bats and beer bottles.

Oh, those were in the gun rack if they really wanted to use them. No, I know what you mean... the midwest style white-bread violence wasn't shit compared to other shit, but my point was that it was unprecedented for a city like mine, and it was basically the result of hip-hop music, and it manifested itself as ignorant racism and mob mentality. The car chases and after school and lunch room fights were honestly mildly exciting. What was crazy to me was the mentality of not just the other kids, but the adults... the faculty, teachers, principles, town police. This was the first time hip-hop had come to their school, and their attention, and it scared the fuck outta them. Why? Because it was based on non-white culture obviously.

Peace...
    F.Mimizu

My point was that with so much of the hate coming from fear, it's a shame y'all couldn't have gained some sort of upper hand in scaring the hell out of those fools to the point that they didn't fuck with you. For instance the rednecks at my high school didn't like the dudes with towering flattops and clocks around their necks...but at the same time they knew they didn't want any.

• Pistolgrip pumps trump baseball bats and beer bottles.

Peace...
    F.Mimizu

My point was that with so much of the hate coming from fear, it's a shame y'all couldn't have gained some sort of upper hand in scaring the hell out of those fools to the point that they didn't fuck with you. For instance the rednecks at my high school didn't like the dudes with towering flattops and clocks around their necks...but at the same time they knew they didn't want any.

Yeah man, I got ya. Well... we did some shit, but I was a little too embarrassed to mention it. Needless to say, a couple of us ended up at the police station, but we had our stories straight, so we got let off. It was some silliness that was done more as a joke (a public private joke). I think that's what led to the incident I stated in the thread, of unstable hanger ons (one of whom brought a gun to school in an attempt to be down, and after getting kicked out of school, began a downward spiral that has continued to this day). Anyhow, yeah. After awhile, we didn't catch hell, but the school and many people still had racist attitudes. Most of us were in sports too, so older people getting to know us, it kinda died out. Also, the advent of the high school drug life served to kill the hate, and bring disparaging classes of people together... Awww, the unifying properties of dope. That drama was basically our sophmore year of high school.

Peace...
    FNM