What's the Best Cheese and from where or???

IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
What's the Best Cheese, from where and or what cheese goes best with what??? So for Philly Cheese steaks what's better the chez-whiz or the provalone?For rolled taco I think that mexican white orange cheese kills it!How about for turkey sandwichs on the roll?Fo Real I needs to know!

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    the shit i pull out of my belly button.

• IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
    the shit i pull out of my belly button.

Dude you need to peep down south more under the sacks or toes cause that ish is way better than the belly button!

• And here you clearly aren't from Wisconsin.

Provolone, monty jack, and muenster or pepperjack.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    cheese is rotted milk curd

wtf people?

don't know how people eat it

brie,gorganzola,lindburger etc all that stuff smells like dead ass to moi

glads to be vegan

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

wtf people?

glads to be vegan

You sound like an ignorant vegan. Follow whatever kooky diet you want, but take a step back and realise how ridiculous you sound when you question five thousand years of human culinary history.

Some of your fermented soy products might as well be as rotten like the stinkiest cheeses.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    nothing like a thoughtfully arranged cheese plate covering all the bases (hard/med/soft/blue).

stilton + port = nxet level

asparagus season + parmiggiano reggiano = not now but right now

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Land O' Lakes americaN cheese And white bread. grilled cheese. shit yeah!

simple.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

wtf people?

glads to be vegan
    how ridiculous you sound

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

wtf people?

glads to be vegan

You sound like an ignorant vegan. Follow whatever kooky diet you want, but take a step back and realise how ridiculous you sound when you question five thousand years of human culinary history.

Some of your fermented soy products might as well be as rotten like the stinkiest cheeses.

Dear mr cheese defender

awwww did i hit a nerve here?

to each his own[gastronomy] foll
    eat all the nasty smelling ass cheese you want
    i promise i won't stop you

p fuckin s
    i don't eat "fermented soy products"

oh and unless you are eating cheese from organic milk/cows you are in fact eating
    rotted milk curd with bovine growth hormones,antibiotics and steroids in it
    and maybe even MAD COW disease

so who is the KOOK now ????

so cheez on like a spray can hommie mooooooooooooo

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    No offense to Italy, but:

Holland Holland Holland.

Gouda + Parrano + Leerdammer =

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    No offense to Italy, but:

Holland Holland Holland.

Gouda + Parrano + Leerdammer =

lets be real.
    they got some shit, but.....

the best.

strachino is pretty damn good and largely unknown in the states
    get familiar

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    this thread makes me wanna eat some cheese!
    i'm rocking this cheese right now. The gorganzola spread from these guys

and I prefer provalone on my cheesesteaks!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Hey - Reggiano is wonderful; I wouldn't grate most anything else (esp. over my olive oil/pepper plate). But you wouldn't serve it in wedges or slices or even chunks - that's what I'm talking about.

I've got an Ubriaco Birra Rossa Mitica and a Robusto in the kitchen right now. Good stuff.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Montasio Vecchio-italy[/b]

goes well with proscuitio. A nice glass of Prosseco goes nicely as well.

Comte(or aged caved gruyere)-France[/b]

goes well with quince and tart fruits like persimmons. A Malbec would go well.

Fromage d'Affinois-France[/b]

it is not BRIE!

AND MY FAVORITE...[/b]

St. Andre-France[/b]

Highly fatty, but so good once a year.

Goes well with a cracker, baguette or by itself. I love Prosecco with it or my favorite wine of the moment...

[/b]Tomero 2006 Torrontes

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    lets be real.

the best cheese - by far - (quality, variety) is from France.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    l??ches de contrefiche d'??me

the best cheese on the market.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

wtf people?

glads to be vegan

Dear mr cheese defender

p fuckin s

oh and unless you are eating cheese from organic milk/cows you are in fact eating

Oh man...
    I'm not sure if you're for real or just a wind-up but this shit is ridiculous...

You know, you can hate all you want but noone will hate you back because you're already punishing yourself in one of the worst ways possible.

Vegans... always good for a laugh...

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

wtf people?

glads to be vegan

Dear mr cheese defender

p fuckin s

a snobby asshole vegan? theres a shocker.

a snobby CHEESE DICK loving ASSHURT FUCTARD ON SOULSTRUT WHO WANTS TO TALK SHIT FOR NO APPARENT REASON,there's a shithead
    Please TO GO FUCK YOURSELF CHEESDWAG

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    i was discussing this with a friend and he reckons cheddar, i was trying to explain that was a choice indicative of someone lacking taste/adventure and when talking cheese you don't even bring up cheddar cos that shit is just your garden variety regular ass cheese.

only on the strut would you find a discussion of cheese turning into hatteration within the space of 2 pages.

• igboigbo 44 Posts
    Everyone is jocknig Euro cheese, but dont sleep on the good ol' USA cheese too.

Humboldt Fog is a ridiculous goats milk cheese with a small vein of ash in the middle. Not only good trees come from Humboldt.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    I get down with Brinza. A cheese made of sheeps milk. Of romanian origin. Popular amongst Russians such as myself. great with beer and a plate of cold cuts.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

This here is simply the tastiest, most useful cheese ever.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    i was discussing this with a friend and he reckons cheddar, i was trying to explain that was a choice indicative of someone lacking taste/adventure and when talking cheese you don't even bring up cheddar cos that shit is just your garden variety regular ass cheese.

only on the strut would you find a discussion of cheese turning into hatteration within the space of 2 pages.

Nah, almost nothing better than a really good West Country farmhouse cheddar. Keen's is a goodie.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I have too many favorites to name them all...

Real Munster (not the bland atrocity sold in the US under the same name) with cumin, red onion.

Obatzder: Limburger (those who can't handle the Limburger's strong smell and aroma use Camembert), chopped red onion, bit of garlic, vinegar, oil, mustard, paprika, pepper, salt. Mix ingrediences to a spread. Eat with dark bread.

both dishes go very well with a cold Hefeweizen.

Roquefort with a sweet, ripe pear and a heavy Pinot Noir.

Tallegio with olives and a nice glass of vintage Barolo.

Life's simple pleasures...

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts
    [quote}
    get familiar
    Can you find Strachino on the east coast? I've never been able to find it in the Midwest (surprise, surprise). A couple cheesemongers here know it, but said due to pastuerization (or something similar) laws it was tough to get imported.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    [quote}
    get familiar

Can you find Strachino on the east coast? I've never been able to find it in the Midwest (surprise, surprise). A couple cheesemongers here know it, but said due to pastuerization (or something similar) laws it was tough to get imported.
    you can get it in the italian market...diBrunos. notsure how they bypass pastuerization restrictions. that shit is buttery

i cant disagree with many choices in this thread. france is indeed killing it shit. cheddar is indeed king. man, too much good stuff to name (and eat)

best party, by my measure, has nothing to do with the dj (sorry folks). its all abou tthe food. is there cheese? is there wine? is there some olives? what the hell is in the kitchen?????????????? for real.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    For those in the Northeast, Connecticut's Cato Corner cheeses are delicious. Here is a brief write up about them. The Hooligan is an absolutely killer "stinky" cheese. I like the Bridgid's Abbey and Dutch Farmstead as well. I have to try the Drunk Monk (Hooligan rubbed in brown ale).

Here is a list of shops and markets, many in NYC, where you can find their cheeses.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Cheese is too varied to pick just one. Hence the cheese platter. But really, those platters are a bit of a con because that means less of the one you really want, and too much stuff you don't want. Generally, I prefer cheeses with no rind or where you can eat the rind no problems.

Also, as with a lot of food, cheese aromas and textures trigger memories of childhood or travel or whtever.

So my favorite is Mozzarella from these guys:

from here:

Spent a couple of vacations here in a home-made cottage by a lake, short Vespa ride from the beach. Buy the cheese by the kilo from the farm, eat some right there, take the rest home, add to local roma toms and olive oil and basil serve with pasta and beer. Amazing texture, almost has a rind, very smoky. Supposedly one of the most unique tastes around - according to someone who was proud of having travelled and sampled all that wierd shit like snake and monkey.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

best party, by my measure, has nothing to do with the dj (sorry folks). its all abou tthe food. is there cheese? is there wine? is there some olives? what the hell is in the kitchen?????????????? for real.

YES.

no feta fans in this thread? flat bread, feta and watercress cannot be beat.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

YES.

no feta fans in this thread? flat bread, feta and watercress cannot be beat.

Did you know in Greece a greek salad is just called "salad"? Feta rules, it's like the Ying to Mozzarella's Yang. Best shit in NYC is the Bulgarian Feta from Titan Foods in Astoria.