strutters reppin cities they arent originally from

djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
I am first in line. I am from Louisiana but rep Austin now. Originally from N.O.N.O. (North of New Orleans, other parts of La exist). I ride for Hyde Park. It gets gully in the HP. I kiiiiid. I kiiiid. I heart Austin, but still mention back home when asked where I'm from.

Comments

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Reppin' Boston, but from Oxford, Ohio.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    born and raised in Mass, but i rep the LBC 4 life.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I rep NYC, even though I am from Berkeley CA (which I also rep, despite having not lived there in many years)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm from Philly but have been living off and on in Brooklyn since 1994, continuously since 2003, and it's my HOME now, so I rep Brooklyn as well.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Brisbane, Australia reppin' for Edinburgh, Scotland for the next year!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I rep Columbus, GA but I'm native to NJ (Atlantic City).

• I've moved over 20 times in 24 years. Never lived in one home for more than 5 years.

Call me TrAnSiEnT.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Reppin' Boston, but from Oxford, Ohio.

whoa I didn't know anyone was actually FROM Oxford.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I've moved over 20 times in 24 years. Never lived in one home for more than 5 years.

Call me TrAnSiEnT.

Do you think that you will ever settle down or do you think you're just used to it now and will contine to move around for the rest of your life?

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Townie, baby. Dad was a prof at Miami.
    Time came for college, and i broke the fuck out.

• I just got a job along Lake Superior, where I want my ashes scattered.

I doubt I'll be moving.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    DC for the forseeable future/homebase.

From Steves Point, WI, moved to Makato MN at age 10, moved to Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN at 18, left at 28 to check out Vegas, Wyoming, almost CA, but got dragged out to DC. Now I am invested in every possible way, so I think the next move may be when my wife and I retire, and we would then like to rep Tobago at least 4-5 months of the year.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    born in newark, nj so i would be a US native (was only there for a couple weeks max) , went back to santo dimingo, ecuador for a couple years that i hardly remember then to guayaquil, ecuador.

then back to newark, nj followed by miami, fl to finish high school.

next was between tampa and st petersburg,fl for undergrad, and tallahassee,fl for pharmay school.

after all that its been back to miami, which i plan staying in for a while since i am so sick of moving.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Originally from Vermont (Burlington, represent!) but grew up in Berkeley, CA. I will always rep both those places as two of my favorite places in the world. When I drive through other states and citites I feel lucky to be from where I'm from.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    i rep MI but I was born in raised in Toledo, OH (close enough). I also lived in Cincinnati for 6 years, and may be moving back next year.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Born in Ann Arbor but didn't live there for any real amount of time.

Spent half my childhood in Boston (thus explaining my fondness for the Sox and New England clam chowder).

Spent the other half in Southern California, which is where I live now, as of last summer.

Spent 16 years in the Bay Area, which is the longest, by far, I've lived anywhere, including seven years in Oakland which is as long as I've lived in any single city, though I also have six years in Berkeley, two years in S.F. and one year in Emeryville.

Not sure where "I'm from" in that mix but most people think I'm from the Bay and I'm not mad at that.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I was born in Fort Bragg, North Carolina (Army brat). I lived there until age 2, and then moved to Maryland. Lived in a bunch of spots in that state until the early 80's (e.g., Baltimore, Laurel, Silver Spring), then we moved back to Fayetteville, North Carolina (right near Fort Bragg). I moved up to Ohio for graduate school (5.5 years), then back to NC for my first academic job (for 2 years). The next move was up to butt-ass Milwaukee for my 2nd faculty gig where I've lived for 6 years (now out to NJ shortly). So, I rep both North Carolina and Maryland since I lived large chunks of my life in each state. I loved MD as a kid, and didn't wanna move back to NC.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Spent half my childhood in Boston (thus explaining my fondness for the Sox and New England clam chowder)

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Hey,

I was born in Fort Bragg, North Carolina (Army brat).

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I was born in Fort Bragg, North Carolina (Army brat).

Word, Fayette-nam, baby, home of the nutjobs!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    philly -> germany -> virginia -> alaska -> virginia -> seattle - > virginia -> san diego -> san francisco. i represent the struggle.

i'm so fucking sick of moving.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I'm from Philly reppin New Jersey now...exit 69 bitches!

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    tehran-dusseldorf-dc-twinbrook-wheaton-g-burg-gtown-chicago-silverspring-dc-orlando, but always reppin DC.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    oh dear. i rep long beach but i'm really from torrance CA. moved to long beach when i was 3 months old. peace, stein. . .

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Davis, CA (18 yrs) -->
    Berkeley, CA (6 yrs)-->
    So. Orange, NJ(6 mo)-->
    Emeryville, CA (1 year)-->
    Richmond, CA (4 years)

Long live the SF Bay Area. I will die here. I just want the housing market to let me in. Anybody interested in a cooperative squatting effort, just let me know.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Post deleted by taza_one

• plkbrynplkbryn 159 Posts
    my adult life is a triangle of sorts -- austin, boston, sf/east bay.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    miami/dade county/homestead !!

- morganton nc - bloomfield hills/birmingham mi - east lansing mi - hagerstown md - columbia sc - calverton park/st louis/ferguson mo - springfield mo - fairfaz va - nw dc - falls church va - hill city !!

long strange trip indeed ...............

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Reppin' Santa Fe, but originally from Monterey, CA. Also did time in LA, Portland, Seattle, Oakland and Berkeley.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Grew up in West Chester PA >> Lived in Philly for 5 years with a 6 month stint in Rome >> Richmond VA now. I am sure in 5 years I will be somewhere else. If all goes right I will be back in Italy. Rome was the only place I ever lived that I was completely happy with. Not a single complaint about living there. I still get a little pang when I think about it, and immediately I think of selling everything I own and going back. Good thing my soon to be wife has the same inclination.