Why post on weekend finds threads?

13»

Comments

• i hate when dudes take photos of the latest stones throw releases spread out on their single beds and be like: "i am the epitomy of that scandinavian realness, son."

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    i hate when dudes take photos of the latest stones throw releases spread out on their single beds and be like: "i am the epitomy of that scandinavian realness, son."

Sounding a bit salty right there, OTRC. Where did that come from?

I don't really care if people post this or that record claiming this or that price. I just like looking at some records and reading people's thoughts about them. Raer or common, there is always something to learn. That's why I like looking at finds posts from people like SoulOnIce, because he always comments on the stuff he's found. Even if it's a common-ass record, it's nice to have somebody (re)open your eyes to some nice music that slipped under your radar.

My only wish is that people would start using some basic photo editing tools for resizing and compressing their pics, so loading these threads won't be so slow plus eliminating the need for scrolling humungous pics. And easing up on redundant quoting would be nice too.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Seriously, not a superpoastered question. I mean, there are always 5 or 6 of you giving props to each other (yes, I clicked on that threads). I don't buy the penis measurement theory. Is it the business side of it?
    Let's discuss and love and hate each other.

This kind of cynicism is the problem with Soul Strut. If you aren't interested in the records then just don't post in the thread rather just than pissing on other people's enthusiasm.

• Sounding a bit salty right there, OTRC. Where did that come from?

Touch?? Mister Dejean

I guess it has to do w/ the fact that i really like the finds posts and would prefer to look at actual digs / secondhand records rather than a bunch of just-released stuff. Everybody here is pretty much in the loop when it comes to new releases in general.

secondly, me on monday morning =

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Does anybody read the posts that have no photos
    and are just a text list of like 60 records?

I try to, but my eyes blur and I move on.

FINDS WITHOUT FOTOS ARE JUST DATABASES

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

let's not forget that in that kind of "finds" the probability of fakeness grows exponentially

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

let's not forget that in that kind of "finds" the probability of fakeness grows exponentially

Are you callin Soulmarcosa a liar????????????

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Are you callin Soulmarcosa a liar????????????

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Soulmarcosa

His text lists are usually accompanied by
    MP3's and a story to read. Exemption given.

STOMP OUT GROCERY LIST FINDS

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    Its RR

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Its RR

And to add to that, soemtimes Finds thread are the ONLY record related material on here!

There are SOOO many records I have been exposed to and/or looked for and found throuhg the finds threads. Often too, comments about this or that record or artist lead on to other threads that have great discussion about music.

I would say if there was no other threads about music on the Strut, at least having the finds threads gives me something to look at!

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    i think finds posts are kinda win-win. unless you're salty.

• plkbrynplkbryn 159 Posts
    this thread makes me nostalgic for soufriere.