sound bwoy bureill

sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
i have been making real world moves the past few months and haven't been on the strut much lately, but could somebody please tell me the name of the guy that is talking at the begining of smif & wesson - sound bwoy bureill?... i have heard him on a lot of shit over the years and should know his name, but it is escaping me right now and it is driving me and my friend crazy... taking that shit to thebreaks.com or google didn't help... here is the re-edit (and superior version, in my opinion) for your trouble, sorry if it's kind of crunchysound bwoy bureill re-edit b/wmarco/soulmarcosa - get at me if you see this! (unrelated)

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I asked the same question last year, so now I'm able to answer it: Fuzzy Jones.

Thanks for the re-edit. Is that on one of the S&W 12-inches or from somewhere else?

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I believe his name is Jahdan from Black Hearted Skavengers.

Maybe I am wrong, but I checked the 12 inch and he's credited. I didn't really know of him, so I googled it and this came up. He's the only name I didn't know that was listed on the 12 inch.

http://www.bearsvilletheater.com/calenda...h-nobel-society

A group of classically trained musicians led by deejay Jahdan, internationally known for his work on the classics ???Sound Bwoy Bureill??? (Nervous) and ???D&D Soundclash??? (Koch) as well as his features with Branford Marsalis, DJ Premier, Dead Prez and Bootcamp Clik. After complementing so many for so long, Jahdan is now stepping to the forefront as Urban Reggae???s leading frontman.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    yeah, i thought it was fuzzy jones and i told my friend i was 100% sure, but there is nothing when you google it... some english folk singer girl... jahdan gets a lot more hits, but this is the first time i've heard that name - live and learn... thanks!

the re-edit is from the 12" (i think wrekonize is the other side?)

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    yeah, it's the other side of the Wreckonize 12 inch.

I don't think it is Jahdan actually. He just makes an appearance (check the video). I think that thing at the beginning is a sample, but I obviously don't know what it's from.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I think Jahdan must be the DJ who is doing the chatting in between Tek & Steele's verses. I'm pretty sure the intro/outro speech is Fuzzy Jones. I'm guessing the reason why only Jahdan is credited on the sleeve is because he actually features on the track where as the Fuzzy Jones bits are probably just samples from some 80s dubplate business. But I'm not sure of this. Dancehall heads would know the deal.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    fuzzy jones & jackie knockshot/lickshot use to compete with that style

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Does anyone know if the original unedited version was ever released as a 12"? Does an instrumental / acapella exist? I've got 3 copies of the Wreckonize 12, but the re-edit is wack. They obviously re-spit the verses and lost some of the original flow's punch in the process.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    An Instrumental is on the test press. Not sure about the acapella.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    An Instrumental is on the test press. Not sure about the acapella.

Anybody here have a label scan and/or microwaveables? I've been looking for this shit for years...

• meistromocomeistromoco 953 Posts
    could somebody please tell me the name of the guy that is talking at the begining of smif & wesson - sound bwoy bureill?...

I am pretty sure that is Bogle Levy

• jazzercismjazzercism 838 Posts
    I was wondering when you'd come around here again. Heard you got the Carolina sneaker game on lock.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    I was wondering when you'd come around here again. Heard you got the Carolina sneaker game on lock.

... what up jonathan!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    It IS Fuzzy BTW

• I recognize hat pattern on the ground in that picture....

You from amsterdam ??

• Mek_JaggerMek_Jagger 322 Posts

no laswellian involvement.

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    I've got the instrumental on a boot by the name of 'Classic Hiphop Instrumentals Vol. 1' or something like that. I'll try to dig it up and post details.
    edit -

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Yes, the legendary Fuzzy Jones. RIP!

He intro'ed alot of tunes for King Tubbys Firehouse, Waterhouse, Taurus etc. lables back in the 80s. I've heard him on one or two Jammys releases and on a Johnny P 45 from '90 aswell.

Check out the "Soundboy Clash" album on Taurus. Nuff killer tunes all with intros by Fuzzy.