At the Record Spot (Mickey Avalon related)

dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
So I'm at the record store I manage and this young-ish, but not super young girl comes up to the counter and says (and I swear, this is pretty much verbatim):"Have you heard Mickey Avalon? You REALLY should. I mean, I HATE rap, but he's great. I guess it's beacuse he's white and I can relate to him or whatever? but yeah, I hate rap music and really love Mickey Avalon."Such perceptive faculties I do not often have the pleasure to witness.

Comments

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    'My Dick' is a funny song though.

• KidKKidK 119 Posts
    I support Mickey Avalon and all his adventures.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Pretty much any comment that begins with "I hate rap but..." is bound to be utterly idiotic, usually involving Mickey Avalon, Sage Francis, Busdriver, or the Beastie Boys.

• KidKKidK 119 Posts
    usually involving The Roots[/b]

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

Forgot that one. Can we also add Danger Mouse and RJD2?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    you should have asked her out, hommie.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    Pretty much any comment that begins with "I hate rap but..." is bound to be utterly idiotic, usually involving Mickey Avalon, Sage Francis, Busdriver[/b] , or the Beastie Boys.

Looks black enough for me dude. Not that i'm intimate with the workings of his family tree, but I think calling him white is a stretch.

As long at people like Mickey avalon et al. for the right reasons (ie they actually respond to the music and not to some perceived social status attached to liking them) I couldn't give a flying fuck.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    i was watching cribs the other day and this mickey avalon dude was on it, but not at his house, it was for some other lame guy's house (which wasn't that cool at all) who i'd never heard of. anyway, this mickey avalon guy was wearing some stretched sequin pants or some shit looking like a total fool. to each his own, but that shit looked rediuclous. maybe the girl likes him because they dress alike? i don't know...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    what year is this?

you mean the clipse

I don't think I've ever met anyone who hates rap but loves the Clipse.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I don't think I've ever met anyone who hates rap but loves the Clipse.
    what about lil wayne?

I like ___. You like ___. - 25

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: [email]pers-180653025@craigslist.org[/email]
    Date: 2006-07-11, 3:04AM CDT

I like:
    *Simon & Garfunkel
    *Iron & Wine
    *Cat Power
    *Beastie Boys
    *Shellac
    *Jose Gonzalez
    *The Knife
    *Lil Wayne[/b]
    *the four right chords that make me cry

I also like:
    *Zadie Smith
    *Leo Tolstoy
    *Franz Fanon
    *J.D. Salinger
    *Roald Dahl --Matilda to Kiss Kiss
    *Jean Rhys
    *Vladmir Nabokov
    *a book that makes me cry at the end, not because it's sad, but because I've finished experiencing its grandeur.

I also like:
    *Cigarettes
    *Gin & Tonics
    *Having vices
    *Big dogs
    *Having no marketable life skills but still being intelligent
    *Bullet-point organization

I dislike:
    *Hardcore vegetarians
    *Cops
    *Corporate whores
    *Phonies
    *Isms...sexism, racism, classism...et cetera.

You like ___.

this is in or around Chitown, Baby!

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

that's a typo. She meant "Li Lwayne". If you're not in the know, that's a private loner chinese disco terd that came out on 78 in 1984, pressed like 300 copies, hand numbered by the artists dog, (it was smart). I would encourage you to respond, but a Shellac fan in the city of Chicago is more than likely a meth addict. Keep searchin those personals though.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    hand numbered by the artists dog, (it was smart).

I also heard that it had no marketable life skills despite its intelligence, and for reasons incomprehensible to most, was proud of the fact.

Smart dog, indeed.

• mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts
    i was watching cribs the other day and this mickey avalon dude was on it, but not at his house, it was for some other lame guy's house (which wasn't that cool at all) who i'd never heard of. anyway, this mickey avalon guy was wearing some stretched sequin pants or some shit looking like a total fool. to each his own, but that shit looked rediuclous. maybe the girl likes him because they dress alike? i don't know...

hahaha yeah that was Simon Rex's crib. He has been a bunch of stuff. Was on that old show 'Jack and Jill'. He was also in the last Scary Movie with Charlie Sheen.