What bike are you riding?

Comments

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    COULD THIS BE THE THREAD THAT LURES K IN CANADA OUT OF HIDING???

STAY TUNED!!!!!

• cheebahazecheebahaze 235 Posts

.......but red.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    i have a bicycle freak friend who has like 10 titanium hand made bikes etc, worth more than his car and what not, so he's hooked me up with his "hand me down" built up assemblies for cheap that are still wicked compared to what one might see in a store. i got a early 90's steel serotta non-supension mountain bike thats now considered a classic "out of print raer" for a bike, and a Surly cross training (hybrid?) bike with cool "moustache" handlebars and a sweet brooks saddle. Last used on a tremendous bike camping trip on Mt. Hood last fall. unfortunately i only ride a few times a year these days so these toys are sorta going to waste!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    unfortunately i only ride a few times a year these days so these toys are sorta going to waste!

Tell me about it!

I'm always resolving to ride more, but it doesn't seem to happen.

I got plenty of riding done in my courier days, though -
    I would put it in a good 45 hours a week on the bike, I can
    only imagine how many miles I was clocking ...

• HairyBelafonteHairyBelafonte 1,202 Posts

+

+

=

and some of these:

'cept mine isnt a re-issue 1953 Roadmaster Luxury Liner, little bit different than in the pic but close.

and:
    1946 schwinn beater
    194? elgin beater ( for the girl)
    standard dura ace BMX bike
    DK sob bmx street bike
    and a felt beach cruiser with a 65cc motor innit.

whew.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

+

+

=

and some of these:

'cept mine isnt a re-issue 1953 Roadmaster Luxury Liner, little bit different than in the pic but close.

and:
    1946 schwinn beater
    DK sob bmx street bike

whew.

AND ALL WITHOUT SEATS!

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

.......but red.

This is dope! Is that cruiser?

I really want this one:
    Volume Sledgehammer

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    just built up a cannondale frame, but i got a flat yesterday. so heres the backup, especially handy after stocking up at the fruit truck

• markus71markus71 937 Posts

locking your bike to a shrub =

• markus71markus71 937 Posts

locking your bike to a shrub =

Truth is, this is bike is so fucked up that nobody even thinks about stealing it anymore.....perfect for use in the city.

• All a bit dated now compared to Chas's all carbon machine but do the job well enough....

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Ive got an old gt backwoods mountain bike id like to convert to ride the roads around l.a. is this possible?

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Same as last year:

Basso track with a drilled fork for street riding,
    BMX platform pedals, downhill bars (chopped), vintage
    schwinn grips, blue mavics w/campy hubs,and a beefy 16/54
    ratio (freewheel on a flip/flop hub) - I love this bike.

Front brake only? Going downhill must be a thrill ride.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    sorry no pics but I was a bike mechanic for the last 12 yrs so I've gone thru my fair share of bikes.

currently riding:

2005 trek 9900 mtn bike
    2002 raliegh 800 road frame w/ dura ace
    1964 dunelt 3-spd

I ride the dunelt the most.

oh yeah, if you folks knew what those carbon LOOKs were worth you'd shit. Many, many Boscoes!!!!!!!!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts

199? Bontrager Privateer - Steel frame. Has proved to be indestructable. New bits are paint, seat, Bomber shocks and rims. I keep it dirty like Xtina as I have a nice offroad ride to work.

This was the maddest thing I've ridden:

5-man recumbent with motorbike wheels and discs. Pimped it from London > Brighton. Massively hard to ride uphill, despite 74 gears driving a common axle. Can hit 60+ mph downhill with no drama though!

• chaschas 45 Posts

+

+

=

and some of these:

and:
    1946 schwinn beater
    DK sob bmx street bike

whew.

Nice bikes man. I actually work at Look here in the U.S. I'm not sure where you're at, but if you ever have any questions or anything let me know. How are you liking your bike so far?

chas

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This was my dream bike as a kid.

STAY TUNED!!!!!

Didn't anyone notice Cheebahaze's post?

Front brake only? Going downhill must be a thrill ride.

Nah, not really - years of BMX riding had me well-trained,
    and I've never had an issue in years of riding this set-up.

Need to keep that brake well-tuned, though

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    This was my dream bike as a kid.

STAY TUNED!!!!!

Didn't anyone notice Cheebahaze's post?

K is hiding in Australia?

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    Nice bikes man. I actually work at Look here in the U.S.

AYO

RIP my 03 Stinky. Flew off the top of my friends car onto highway 101 and now the frame is bent

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    and the fork is broken. ouch!!!

All a bit dated now compared to Chas's all carbon machine but do the job well enough....

i woulda thought witha name like campag record you'd have some campy rollin on your rides! false rasta?

whew.

Nice bikes man. I actually work at Look here in the U.S. I'm not sure where you're at, but if you ever have any questions or anything let me know. How are you liking your bike so far?

chas

i love my bike, first all carbon rig i've been on. Three centuries thus far and its alllll good. I'm guessin you're in the bay, I think I met you at the gran prix TT day in SF, were you manning the look booth ? I was rollin on my '46 schwinn that day, (passin fools up to coit tower) . you must know skippy and ming ?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

whew.

chas

i love my bike, first all carbon rig i've been on. Three centuries thus far and its alllll good. I'm guessin you're in the bay, I think I met you at the gran prix TT day in SF, were you manning the look booth ? I was rollin on my '46 schwinn that day, (passin fools up to coit tower) . you must know skippy and ming ?

you two dudes should take this to the missed connections thread.

bofofonte

page me

• chaschas 45 Posts

whew.

chas

Nah, actually I was probably stuck at the office while those guys were out goofing off at the ToC. Skippy comes by every now and then, and Ming is sitting about 15ft away from me right now. Sounds like you're covered, but like I said, if you need anything just let me know.

chas

• chaschas 45 Posts

you two dudes should take this to the missed connections thread.

bofofonte

page me

Ahhh, don't get all jelly on me dude, we should kick it soon...

MYSPACE ME

chas

• i woulda thought witha name like campag record you'd have some campy rollin on your rides! false rasta?

Yeah...I can only dream of such gear (I sound poor) and Shimano Ultegra just doesn't seem to have the same ring to it as an ID for music forums

whew.

chas

Nah, actually I was probably stuck at the office while those guys were out goofing off at the ToC. Skippy comes by every now and then, and Ming is sitting about 15ft away from me right now. Sounds like you're covered, but like I said, if you need anything just let me know.

chas

that sucks dood. holler if you ever wanna go for a ride ( we can do a drive-by on queen-moist's crib)

where did you cop those white sram hoods? tell me you know someone that makes a campy hood in white ?

peace-

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Here is my bike, French model from the 70s :