amsterdam

jimeyjimey 279 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
hi,i'm going to amsterdam for a couple of days. i heard amsterdam got some great flea markets?! so where/when are they located and which other spots do i have to check out? any other good record store besides rushhour? any parties to recommend on the weekend?thanks

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    waxwell-taco is the man

liedsplein flea market

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    waxwell-taco is the man

or delay or s.michael

super nice place

also across from the paradiso
    check out record palace
    jan is good people

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    thanks, waxwell seems to be interesting. on which days is the market at liedsplein?

• analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
    i was there a month ago, i don't know about flea markets over there but i can tell you first hand they have some great mushrooms.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    thanks, waxwell seems to be interesting. on which days is the market at liedsplein?

no markets at leidseplein.
    Dont waste your time on fleas in Amsterdam, they are really not that good. Unless you're really into Diana Ross.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

Dont waste your time on fleas in Amsterdam, they are really not that good. Unless you're really into Diana Ross.

i beg to differ
    i pulled a copy of the bj ward lp for 3 eu lastime i was there[merry xmas 06]

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

i beg to differ

then you must be a lucky bastard.
    I never found anything (really) good and Ive lived here for 15 years..

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

i beg to differ

then you must be a lucky bastard.
    I never found anything (really) good and Ive lived here for 15 years..

the best part was that dude charged me 6 euro for group 1812 and i haggled with him
    lol
    i didn't know how rare vocal ease was until i got back to new york

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts

oh, thats new to me. really thought there are some good ones...
    any regular funk parties to check out and which coffeeshop shouldn't be checked at all?

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    When I lived there the Waterlooplein had a pretty good flea market although that was in 1985 and I was probably stoned.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I like the Amsterdam fleas...no funk raer, but cool euro rock pic sleeve 45s for days...

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    pick up a copy of sweet smoke's "just a poke" album if you don;t have it, its pretty common there and cheap.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    pick up a copy of sweet smoke's "just a poke" album if you don;t have it, its pretty common there and cheap.

ha! first LP I picked up at the Waterlopien flea...3 euro