card pulled

deejdeej 5,125 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central

AWKward&quick to back down

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    (I know clowning dude is beyond passe but I was surprised at how unprepared this dude was to handle any kind of attention)

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i cant help but feel bad for this dude. he was a product created by the beast known as the music industry, and really caught a lot of shit. no wonder he's so fucked up now. imagine being hated so much by so many people before your even 20 yrs old. and listen to arsenio, llike he's some great talkshow host.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Two great clowns that clown great together.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    No thread jack, but...
    Why did Phife mention Arsenio so damn much? Close personal friend?
    Someone speak on it.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    No thread jack, but...
    Someone speak on it.

Arsenio was pretty popular there for a while, you know?
    His show was one of the only places to see hip hop on regular
    TV for a long time, too.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    But bigups twice per album? Seems a bit excessive...
    I used to watch Arsenio on my black and white TV
    Yea, they still made those, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    No thread jack, but...
    Someone speak on it.

Arsenio was pretty popular there for a while, you know?
    His show was one of the only places to see hip hop on regular
    TV for a long time, too.

for real. so much great music (and comedy) on that show.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    i cant help but feel bad for this dude. he was a product created by the beast known as the music industry, and really caught a lot of shit. no wonder he's so fucked up now. imagine being hated so much by so many people before your even 20 yrs old. and listen to arsenio, llike he's some great talkshow host.
    word. He got a pretty raw deal. Dude cannot have anymore of a career except for doing the occasional has-been reality show or vh1 extra. He basically was a joke for the last 20 years. Didnt he try killing himself twice too? The whole celebrity music biz chewed his ass up pretty bad. I always remembered this too back in the day on mtv

it was some show where they were retiring corny played out videos and they had him come do his own video. Thats gotta be pretty embarrassing for dude to have to do that. I would have hit chris kataan though in the face and caught the charge cause that dude deserves it.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    let's not forget that important piece of rap history "chunky a". watch out for arsenio at your local mall for the comeback tour.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    v ice was not the brightest bulb and he bore the brunt of a lot of backlash to white privilege in rap that should undoubtedly have spread a bit wider

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

one of the most akward moments in tv history.

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    i cant stand when djs play ice ice baby. dude asked me for it a few weeks ago, i asked him if he liked it when it 1st came out...his reply was no. so why now ? fuck outta here.

• dextahdextah 77 Posts
    No thread jack, but...
    Someone speak on it.

arsenio dissed de la soul after they appeared on his show.....i think after that native tounges refused to be on arsenio

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    here's a little blurb on Arsenio's DE LA diss... which wasn't exactly a diss, but still kinda awkward [notice how much the word awkward comes up when talking about Arsenio's show?]...

The song "Pass the Plugs" features the lyrics "Arsenio dissed us but the crowd kept clapping". This refers to the group performing on The Arsenio Hall Show where Arsenio Hall introduced them as "the hippies of hip hop". The group then performed "Me Myself and I" which explicitly states that they aren't hippies. The credits for the show also began to run over the performance before they were through, also contributing to the "diss."

• Ice ice baby compares favorably with the best hip-hop of the period. Ninja rap is also ill shit.

• v ice was not the brightest bulb and he bore the brunt of a lot of backlash to white privilege in rap that should undoubtedly have spread a bit wider

OK, black man.

Any other pieces of hip-hop wizdom for us?

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Ice ice baby compares favorably with the best hip-hop of the period. Ninja rap is also ill shit.

[color:white] YOU SOUND WHITE! [/color]

- spidey

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    v ice was not the brightest bulb and he bore the brunt of a lot of backlash to white privilege in rap that should undoubtedly have spread a bit wider

OK, black man.

Any other pieces of hip-hop wizdom for us?
    you are such a shitty poster

• And you're an annoying little pest trying to inject yourself into a culture far removed from your reality.

White privilege indeed.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    really? I thought I was implying that Vanilla Ice became a scapegoat for ppl trying to avoid responsibility for white privilege.

i would ask what the fuck yr even basing that on but then i realized i'd be getting into a discussion about race with "MikeSeaversNIKES"

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    how are people getting asshurt over this?? ice was a joke and arsenio called him on it, end of story roll credits.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    Considering how much venom there could've been about someone like Vanilla Ice, he got off pretty lightly I thought.

He didn't even say anything about his pants...

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    He didn't even say anything about his pants... glimmering full body costume

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    really? I thought I was implying that Vanilla Ice became a scapegoat for ppl trying to avoid responsibility for white privilege.

i would ask what the fuck yr even basing that on but then i realized i'd be getting into a discussion about race with "MikeSeaversNIKES"

It's MikeSeaversNIKES--recently spotted attempting to lambast me for not showing proper respect to "hip-hop academics".

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    The thing that people tend to forget is that BET played "Ice Ice Baby" for about six months with no buzz, when it was still on Ichiban Records, before MTV ever touched it. Maybe the folks at BET thought it was an oddball cut, but by the time he was picked up by SBK, it was old news. Then he came out with that "Play That Funky Music" bullshit.

How many of you are waiting for the "Chillin' Deluxe Edition" of his Cool As Ice[/b] movie? Ah yeah, ramalama fa fa fa.