To whoever bought the Jordan III Elephant FLIPS

2»

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    are yall serious?? Nike/Jordan will possibly exchange them? That is news to me. I mean I rememeber the ol' poking a tiny hole in the air bubble on the OG III's and IVs to get a fresh pair, but I had no idea you could exchange a new pair just because of a stain(that I made even worse by trying to clean). Also, I dont have a reciept. But if that would work, I would be fucking ecstatic. Tell me more plaese!!!

Yea my friend ALWAYS traded in slightly used Jordans/Nikes for a fresh pair of whatever whatever. I have a feeling you can do the same with your shoe, cuz you have a legitimate reason.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    are yall serious?? Nike/Jordan will possibly exchange them? That is news to me. I mean I rememeber the ol' poking a tiny hole in the air bubble on the OG III's and IVs to get a fresh pair, but I had no idea you could exchange a new pair just because of a stain(that I made even worse by trying to clean). Also, I dont have a reciept. But if that would work, I would be fucking ecstatic. Tell me more plaese!!!

Yea my friend ALWAYS traded in slightly used Jordans/Nikes for a fresh pair of whatever whatever. I have a feeling you can do the same with your shoe, cuz you have a legitimate reason.

A giant stain because you cleaned them with the wrong substance is not a legitimate reason, that's on you, just like denim bleed or stepping in dog poop. A legit reason would be stitching coming undone or something like that. People always tryin' to get something for nothing...

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

A giant stain because you cleaned them with the wrong substance is not a legitimate reason, that's on you, just like denim bleed or stepping in dog poop. A legit reason would be stitching coming undone or something like that. People always tryin' to get something for nothing...

not exactly. if the cement print gets permanently stained with soap and water or other normal methods for cleaning sneakers, then they should come with cleaning instructions.

i just bought a new pair of glasses. if the first time i tried to clean the lenses with a cloth, they got permanently smudged, i think i'd have a pretty legit case for a new pair (assuming there was no warning or cleaning instructions). same logic would apply to his IIIs.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

the reason isn't really legitimate at all. he stained the shoe, he messed it up trying to clean it, what did the store or nike have to do with that? SouthCrack, not trying to get down on you, just saying that's how the store would look at it. If you can come up with a good story as to why it's their fault, then go for it, you have nothing to lose there, I just don't see them doing much about it unless you find a cool manager at the place you bought them. you can try to call nike and see what their policy is on returns, but the shoe wasn't defective in any way so i don't see why they would exchange it. it's worth a phone call or two though, deifnintely.

And if not, I know of a kid in Denver who has customized some shoes. He does a really nice job on them and it's not graffiti, here's one i thought was dope:

he has a myspace page, but that's all i know about. you might email him a pic of your kicks and see if he has any ideas...

http://www.myspace.com/lifeordeathstyle

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    it's definitely a much bigger issue with the dunks and air forces. jordan isn't getting that carried away with it.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    yeah, that's 4 pairs. there's nothing crazy about the elephant nugget colored ones, melo is on jordan brand, of course they'll have those in those colors. but yeah, they're ugly. and red and white 1's? nothing crazy about those.

yes those ones with the black and white pictures are ugly, but that's not something they're doing on the regular. just 2 shoes like that and that's it. third pair down (22's?) aren't even retros.

Just sayin', compared to what they've done with dunks and air forces, that's nothing. the majority of the retro jordans are similar to original colorways or they are new and still pretty decent colors.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    the majority of the retro jordans are similar to original colorways or they are new and still pretty decent colors.

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    heres a shitty blurry pic of both pairs. U can see the one that is faded and fucked up. If there really is a God, I will wake up tomorrow and the shoe will be as good as new. I am counting on you G-O-D!!!!

just smudge out the other shoe and you have a matching pair....

you're welcome.