To whoever bought the Jordan III Elephant FLIPS

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
I know most of you dudes hate Nikes or Jordans and stick with ugly ass New Balances or something(hehe), but I rocked my "FLIPS" one motherfucking time and got a little dirt or something on the top of the toe. So..I figured ahhh..I will just dab a little soap on a nice baby cloth and rub that stain right out. Hmm..no luck. Shit looked worse. Okay..next try, I used some of that SHOUT or ZOUT or whatever the fuck its called. Just put a tiny dab on a cloth and began gently rubbing/scrubbing, and i'll be goshdarned if the shit made it even worse. So what was once a spot about the size of a quarter, now cover the entire top of the toe section. So I do a little internet research about cleaning "elephant print" and one site says use a dab of dish soap and a rag.....nothing. Next search says to put about a dimes size of baby oil on a soft cloth and gently rub it in, dry and taadaa..presto-no stain. Only problem is the person that wrote that cleaning method is an idiot because it basically fucked my shit all up. So now I have one sparkling brand new JIII Flip and one with the entire toe all faded and fucked up. Now how the hell can a parking lot pimp like me stunt in a busted ass Jordan? SOOO...HOW THE HELL CAN I FIX THIS? Do I have to find a Japanese dude with a magical potion that he can apply to fix the problem..or do I have to just send those fucks off to some dork to "customize" em to hide/camoflauge/whatever the shoes so no one can tell(meanwhile itll look like im rocking flea market knock offs). Whats a sneakerhead to do? Oh the humanity!?!?!?!?PS: if needed ill post up pics of both shoes so you can see what im talmbout.

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    you took them out of the box and WORE THEM?!?!?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Serves you right.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I was SUPPOSED to cop those, but SLAM magazine printed the release date one week later than the actual date.

• Serves you right.

I have those too..but they need a good cleaning. I think I got em back when they retroed em back in 1999(wasnt it 99?)

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    i doubt there's much you can do short of buying a new pair. or you could just "Clean" the other one in the same way so they at least look the same. post a pic so we can see how bad it really is.

on a related but unreleated note, my friend goes by niketown this morning and sees the new retro AJ1's in the window:

and plans to go by there during lunch to pick up a pair. So, by lunch time, he goes in and they're gone. First thought - they sold out. But that's not what happened. Apparently, the Miami market was sold out already and since Colorado hadn't sold out, they figured their stock would move better in Miami so they shipped out the ENTIRE stock of these and the other AJ1's that dropped - keep in mind these shoes came out 2 days ago. Fucking weak!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ballerina ball

Im glad SC crated this thread cause Jordan has been pimpin his line like the AF1 & Dunks. Theyre coming out the gate w/ TOO MANY VARIATIONS. Just seein what will stick to the wall is terrible. Show some restraint.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    that's strange. i avoid all the suede nikes because they are impossible to clean, but the cements are just regular leather...or are they.

Im glad SC crated this thread cause Jordan has been pimpin his line like the AF1 & Dunks. Theyre coming out the gate w/ TOO MANY VARIATIONS. Just seein what will stick to the wall is terrible. Show some restraint.

i hear ya, but does it really matter how much crap they put out? they can put out 100 pairs of shoes, 95 of them can be ugly, is that going to stop you from buying one of the 5 pairs that isn't? i figure it just allows for people with more diverse interests in style (read: people with bad taste) the opportunity to rock jordans. i mean, would you rather see some chump rocking the pair you have? or would you rather rock the fresh pair while the chumps wear the puke green/hot pink/brown with metallic red jordan logo and tie-dye laces joints?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

i hear ya, but does it really matter how much crap they put out? they can put out 100 pairs of shoes, 95 of them can be ugly, is that going to stop you from buying one of the 5 pairs that isn't? i figure it just allows for people with more diverse interests in style (read: people with bad taste) the opportunity to rock jordans. i mean, would you rather see some chump rocking the pair you have? or would you rather rock the fresh pair while the chumps wear the puke green/hot pink/brown with metallic red jordan logo and tie-dye laces joints?

It dilutes the brand, though--makes them less iconic.

Tru

well yeah, with jordans i can see that.

i'm more bothered by the new jordans they put out than the retros though. i'd say that has already diluted the brand. the new jordans have been crap for years in my opinion so making moves with the retros to keep the brand alive is a good idea. and also, they don't put out THAT many different styles of the retros, maybe 4-5 colors of each shoe. that's really about it. when the originals were coming out, they were doing about that.

it's definitely a much bigger issue with the dunks and air forces. jordan isn't getting that carried away with it.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

Tru

sheet, when ya only got a buck or so in each pair, and it only costs ya 13 cents an hour to pay some Indonesian kid to sew the jernts up...why not come out with a bazillion different kinds...

Tru

sheet, when ya only got a buck or so in each pair, and it only costs ya 13 cents an hour to pay some Indonesian kid to sew the jernts up...why not come out with a bazillion different kinds...

With the Jordan line and its variations, it was like money knocking on your door. I guess it was only a matter of time.

• heres a shitty blurry pic of both pairs. U can see the one that is faded and fucked up. If there really is a God, I will wake up tomorrow and the shoe will be as good as new. I am counting on you G-O-D!!!!

Yeah that doesn't look too good. Maybe just rub all the elephant print off the toe boxes altogether!

really though, that looks tough to recover from. i hate to say that because i know you dropped $ on those ($125 at least).

only other thing I can think of is if they have your size as the floor model somewhere and it's the correct shoe, steal that shit! although I think floor models are usually the left and yours looks like the right.

damn, good luck man.

• Yeah that doesn't look too good. Maybe just rub all the elephant print off the toe boxes altogether!

really though, that looks tough to recover from. i hate to say that because i know you dropped $ on those ($125 at least).

only other thing I can think of is if they have your size as the floor model somewhere and it's the correct shoe, steal that shit! although I think floor models are usually the left and yours looks like the right.

damn, good luck man.

yeah I figured I was screwed. Damn..oh and by the way..try $150 plus tax.

• Anyone know any good creative "customizers"..not those Harlem cats that be fucking em up with graff on em and skylines on the sides of AF1s..more of the art fag type dudes that can do some ill shit everynow and then? I will kill myself if I only got to wear those once..and to top it off..IT WAS AT THE DIRTY ASS FUCKING FLEA MARKET!

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    "Man... your Jordans are FUCKED up!!"

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    heres a shitty blurry pic of both pairs. U can see the one that is faded and fucked up. If there really is a God, I will wake up tomorrow and the shoe will be as good as new. I am counting on you G-O-D!!!!

REALLLY simple solution, mayne. take a cue from the Wally Champ on this one. the blue dye will render the smudge invisible.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Anyone know any good creative "customizers"..not those Harlem cats that be fucking em up with graff on em and skylines on the sides of AF1s..more of the art fag type dudes that can do some ill shit everynow and then? I will kill myself if I only got to wear those once..and to top it off..IT WAS AT THE DIRTY ASS FUCKING FLEA MARKET!

i would call nike. they might take 'em back and give you a credit towards new sneakers.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Anyone know any good creative "customizers"..not those Harlem cats that be fucking em up with graff on em and skylines on the sides of AF1s..more of the art fag type dudes that can do some ill shit everynow and then? I will kill myself if I only got to wear those once..and to top it off..IT WAS AT THE DIRTY ASS FUCKING FLEA MARKET!

i would call nike. they might take 'em back and give you a credit towards new sneakers.

Just like I did when I scratched my only copy of "The Chronic" in 92', I called up Death Row/Interscope, they told me "no sweat".

• Go back to where you purchased them and pressure the new employee into giving you store credit. Usually if you harrass enough, the store will take them back. All they do is send them back to Nike and get store credit.

EDIT: If Nike doesn't come through.

• progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts
    scrotal print.

• are yall serious?? Nike/Jordan will possibly exchange them? That is news to me. I mean I rememeber the ol' poking a tiny hole in the air bubble on the OG III's and IVs to get a fresh pair, but I had no idea you could exchange a new pair just because of a stain(that I made even worse by trying to clean). Also, I dont have a reciept. But if that would work, I would be fucking ecstatic. Tell me more plaese!!!

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Have you tried "Vodka", rubbing alcohol, or club soda to clean it up some.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Have you tried club soda to clean it up some.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Mesh and elephant print are the hardest to clean. Same thing happened to a pair of 90's i had. A little speck of dirt turned into a huge spot when i tried to clean it off. Not much help now but the best thing you can do is to buy that shoe spray. Its like a scotch guard that allows you to wipe off future stains no problem. I don't like your chances with returning that shit though. Unless you bullshit. I work retail and this girl brought back a pair of converses she'd worn with raw demin and they had stained blue. Shorty wanted another pair. We told her no deal we didn't make her wear raw denim with her white shoes.