HatStrut, what r u rockin this summer?

pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Haircut haters and balding strut speak up. A brother needs a new lid and I've yet to find the perfect Astros hat.What are you rocking?

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    word on the street is visors are the hottest shit this summah. backwards and upside down. though this will not do much for the balding situation.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    The only cap I ever rock:

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Folks who have met me know I'm rarely without a hat.....

I wear Minor League baseball caps exclusively.

This month it's the Burlington Bees

• wescoasiawescoasia 126 Posts

All about the solar visors. Asian grandmoms and moms worldwide know the deal.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    word on the street is visors are the hottest shit this summah. backwards and upside down. though this will not do much for the balding situation.

Dude I hear that's all Scott Storch plans to rock this summer. I'm gonna go get one right now.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Strictly Yankees Caps

Fuschia/Aqua Blue/Black/Maroon/Royal/Classic Navy

• Makins are the hat I can stand behind

Those japanese old ladies face visors are like post raver mess.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Strictly Yankees Caps

Fuschia/Aqua Blue/Black/Maroon/Royal/Classic Navy

How did you get a picture of me as a child?

By the way, good luck this year. I don't know if Clemens is enough to turn the tide...

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    not to derail the thread, but i am curious what the people's response is to wearing multiple MLB hats?

i grew up in Oklahoma, no MLB team there, and was never really fond of the Rangers (the closest team to my hometown) and truth be told, don't have a team that i am ride-or-die for.

but i do like ballcaps, so i tend to find myself wearing classic MLB team hats (NYY, St Louis, Detroit, SF, etc.) regardless if i really like the team. But lately i find myself getting odd looks when someone asks if i am from "...detroit/sf/etc" and i say 'no, i just like the hat".

is there a code to the skreetz that i MUST wear i hat of the team i love and/or live by? i mean, i don't really tout myself as a big fan of these teams, so i don't think i qualify for carpetbaggerery, but perhaps i do.

what do the hat wearing strutters think of wearing a ballcap from a team based more on the style and less on allegiance?

oh...and as of last night i was wearing this hat.

i tend to find myself wearing classic MLB team hats (NYY, St Louis, Detroit, SF, etc.)

I find the absense of the Red Sox in that list offensive.

BAN!!!

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    I find the absense of the Red Sox in that list offensive.

BAN!!!

chill my man...it's there.

etc.

Dude can't rock that one. My Grandma been rockin' it for a good minute now.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

what do the hat wearing strutters think of wearing a ballcap from a team based more on the style and less on allegiance?

I can't imagine wearing a hat for any other reason than style.

Dont worry about it. I have a gang of hats (jimmies too) that dont have my favorite team on em. I'm just tryin to Cooooooooooooordinate. Just be ready to explain yourself to certain team purists on why.

I was sportin a LT bLue St. Louis Cardinals hat thet I copped before they won. And a dude asked me if iwas from St. Louis. "Hells to the No, I'm from Uptown." He was kinda L7 and couldnt see I was on some HipHop steez.

i grew up in Oklahoma, no MLB team there, and was never really fond of the Rangers (the closest team to my hometown) and truth be told, don't have a team that i am ride-or-die for.

If you still live in Oklahoma, wear whatever you like (preferably a Sox cap ). If you've moved to a city that has a ballclub, you might just want to avoid wearing the hat of their rival.

Unless you dislike the city, in which case, wear the rival cap with middle fingers flying. Like me in the above pic.

not to derail the thread, but i am curious what the people's response is to wearing multiple MLB hats?

but i do like ballcaps, so i tend to find myself wearing classic MLB team hats (NYY, St Louis, Detroit, SF, etc.) regardless if i really like the team. But lately i find myself getting odd looks when someone asks if i am from "...detroit/sf/etc" and i say 'no, i just like the hat".

is there a code to the skreetz that i MUST wear i hat of the team i love and/or live by? i mean, i don't really tout myself as a big fan of these teams, so i don't think i qualify for carpetbaggerery, but perhaps i do.

oh...and as of last night i was wearing this hat.

If you're not a baseball fan then whatever. But personally, as a ride-to-death Astros fan, I wouldn't be caught wearing a cardinals cap even if I thought it looked snazzy. Which of course I don't in the slightest bit.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I can't imagine wearing a hat for any other reason than style.

The funny thing is, I don't think the Sox cap is particularly fresh looking. It's just the sentiment that puts it above anything else. Frankly, I'm not much of a hat guy.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    In my world where style means nothing, I would say hats from other squads that aren't the team you "rep" are acceptable if they are throwbacks.

I don't think the Sox cap is particularly fresh looking.

On top of the fact that most of y'all rock that extra worn overly bent brims w/ beer stains.

On top of the fact that most of y'all rock that extra worn overly bent brims w/ beer stains.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    most of y'all rock that extra worn overly bent brims w/ beer stains .

i pride myself on wearing a hat with bended bill and no sticker shit on it. i realize the kids need to rep their own (ugly) style, but that shit is a 100% NO-NO in my book. dudes on the train wearing a hat that covers their ears and shit with all types of ugly ass reflector stickers....

not for me dog.

On top of the fact that most of y'all rock that extra worn overly bent brims w/ beer stains[/b].

Even nastier - those are sweat stains.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

i pride myself on wearing a hat with bended bill and no sticker shit on it. i realize the kids need to rep their own (ugly) style, but that shit is a 100% NO-NO in my book. dudes on the train wearing a hat that covers their ears and shit with all types of ugly ass reflector stickers....

not for me dog.

nah, i totally agree. its right up there with the xxxxxl t-shirts. YOU LOOOK FOOOOLISH, KID. (and these aren't actually kids i see rockin these fashions!)

On top of the fact that most of y'all rock that extra worn overly bent brims w/ beer stains[/b].

Even nastier - those are sweat stains.

What about the all-white joints that are curdling a brownish yellow? Those things are a health hazard.

Bet our own rootlesscosmo's got a few in his closet.

I dont keep stickers on my Cap or rock oversize but this look....

Ive outgrown that college/DaveMatthewsBandFan/ugly ass macrome ankle bracelet/steez.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Do people that wear hats have a greater likelihood they'll go bald? I've heard this before, can someone confirm?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

What about the all-white joints that are curdling a brownish yellow?

those frat-dude joints? them shits should be filed under trucker-hat/von dutch.

any person who would buy a hat that is pre-made to have rips & tears in it should get their head checked.

I dont keep stickers on my Cap or rock oversize but this look....

Ive outgrown that college/DaveMatthewsBandFan/ugly ass macrome ankle bracelet/steez.

So you are admitting that you did embrace it at one point?