air on embryo (nm-) and hawaiian funk goodies

anasarcasmanasarcasm 365 Posts
edited June 2005 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Up for trade: Air (w/ Googie Coppola) on Embryoamazing instrumentation and vocals. featuring the mr. man track..but the whole thing is dope.air soundclip Nohelani-S/Tfamous for the smooth fender rhodes driven Lihue tune, getting alot of play in Europe and Japannohelani soundlcip SOS hawaiian drum break raer. the hardest to find of their records. cracking drum break to boot. sos breaki'm looking for young holt-oh girl and lots of other things.

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    check yr pm

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Anasarcasm, you know about my thing for Googie, right?

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    This Air LP has to be the most often brought up record on Soul Strut.

• anasarcasmanasarcasm 365 Posts
    indeed...and i think it lives up to the hype. not just sayin that cause i'm trading it either!!

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    indeed...and i think it lives up to the hype. not just sayin that cause i'm trading it either!!

yeah right

actually it is pretty cool, I would be trying to get that if I hadn't just gotten one.

isn't googie coppola related to francis ford ?

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts

yeah right

actually it is pretty cool, I would be trying to get that if I hadn't just gotten one.

isn't googie coppola related to francis ford ?

I was wondering the same thing. The Coppola's have their tentacles spread over everything. Can anyone confirm?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts

Nohelani-S/T

famous for the smooth fender rhodes driven Lihue tune, getting alot of play in Europe and Japan

nohelani soundlcip

Yeah, that's a really great tune, especially with the bass. I found it on that "Homegrown pt. 2" comp ("Polynesian Girl" ain't too bad, either) last month.

Sofia Coppola is very cute. The Godfather, Part 3 isnt as bad as everyone says it is

• rpmrpm 144 Posts
    is it me or does that "SOS" break sound alot like
    that "Ballin Jack" break???

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    Its almost identical isn???t it?
    Must surly be a cover version of ???found a child??? or what ever its called.
    I like the Ballin jack album.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    Sofia Coppola is very cute. The Godfather, Part 3 isnt as bad as everyone says it is
    i cant stand her, maybe she's good looking, but i cant stand her. what abut googie? is she a coppola?

AlienIVERSON your Googie appreciation is legendary! I still think that AIR LP is pretty slept on. Have you heard her AOR album? I've always been curious about it, but Japanese collectors have driven up the cost, and i'm not that curious.
    I think that SOS break does sound alot like the Ballinjack break..because I fucked up. It is the Ballin break. I'll try to get the SOS up soon..it's nice open break with percussion.
    -l

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Didn't you once say that she was your cousin? Breakbaetraer relatives kick ass!

Didn't you once say that she was your cousin? Breakbaetraer relatives kick ass!

Yep. The photo above was taken at a wedding party, I don't remember who it was for but a lot of my family on my dad's side were there: uncles, aunties, and loads of cousins. I just remember her coming up to me, hugging, and saying "wow, John Boy, you looking nice, ah?" It was taken a few seconds right after she kissed me, so my expression is a mix of "I'm hi-pro, how you like me now?" and "oh wow, I get famous cousin, yeah?"

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    is this Air lp still available?

No idea. I've always wanted a copy though. A few more, and my Embryo discography will be complete, at least on the LP side.

Yeah it's still available although a few people have hit me up about it. I'm still waiting to hear back from them about what they have for trade..... PM me if your interested.

yo anasarcasm, I no longer need the air lp. I found a copy at my secret squirrel spot today for 6 bucks.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    yo anasarcasm, I no longer need the air lp. I found a copy at my secret squirrel spot today for 6 bucks.
    YOU SUCK!

congrats...it's nice isn't it?

It is nice, I wish she would chill with the vocals a tad. My favorite is the end of "baby, I don't know where love" Nice uptempo break with funky bass then it goes into the dope intro of the next song "martin". Good stuff.

It is nice, I wish she would chill with the vocals a tad. My favorite is the end of "baby, I don't know where love" Nice uptempo break with funky bass then it goes into the dope intro of the next song "martin". Good stuff.

I feel you...the vocals were a little shrill for me at first. But they eventually grew on me.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    YO!!! I'm back home. AIM's not working, neither is PM'ing, so check yer mail! Got some "jawns" you may want.

YO!!! I'm back home. AIM's not working, neither is PM'ing, so check yer mail! Got some "jawns" you may want.

cot damn. i've probably been missing all kinds of pm's...i don't know how it got on that no acceptance setting. should be all good, for future reference.and i'm e-mailing you now. we should hang out..maybe later this week.
    -L

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Hello, Ana!

h