Crash = worst (recent) film ever?

124»

Comments

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• facesdfacesd 236 Posts
    I thought it was abysmal

• I know teaching material doesn't have to be good but I just don't see what there is to learn with that movie.

I believe the general idea is that it allows ODub to then ask, "what's wrong with this depiction of racial interaction in modern America?"

Sounds like some think it's an OK depiction. Where do you go then?

• I know teaching material doesn't have to be good but I just don't see what there is to learn with that movie.

I believe the general idea is that it allows ODub to then ask, "what's wrong with this depiction of racial interaction in modern America?"

Then you give them a reading or another film that complicates the issue alot more, and force them to take a side, or at least deal with the conflicting view points. I am all for education that does not teach people what to think, but teaches them how to think. And although I have no idea if this is actually ODub's lesson plan, his previous posts on here lead me to think that he is more interested in exploring issues and facilitating discussion than arguing for one correct perspective.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I know teaching material doesn't have to be good but I just don't see what there is to learn with that movie.

I'd suggest that they've learned all they can from me, and that they may want to consider transferring to NETTTS, the New England Tractor Trailer Training School, where they can prepare for an exciting and high-paying job in the national shipping industry.

Nah, Scratch had the right idea. Keep hitting them with different depictions and lead them to parse out the differences for themselves. And you'll probably need to define the word "parse" for them at some point along the way.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I know teaching material doesn't have to be good but I just don't see what there is to learn with that movie.

• HAHAHA!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    HAHAHA!

Im not joking. I havent seen Trash so I cant compare, but this was a romantic comedy that was trying to be more than what it was.

• Isn't that kind of like a new "Look Who's Coming to Dinner"?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Isn't that kind of like a new "Look Who's Coming to Dinner"?

As opposed to this the new "Look Who's Coming to Dinner?"

Or this other one, also starring Sanaa Lathan?

• Not opposed to.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I bout' cried my eyes out when the little girl gets/sorta/doesn't get shot. b, 21b, 21Coming from a father who has a little girl, that scene kinda hit home.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121I bout' cried my eyes out when the little girl gets/sorta/doesn't get shot. b, 21b, 21Coming from a father who has a little girl, that scene kinda hit home. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21Sure but it's completely some manipulative bullshit. F*ck that.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I cried when I saw this thread had been bumped.

• Options
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121b,1211) I thought it was abysmal. Completely unbelievable script and narrative. Insultingly shallow treatment of race/racism. b, 21b, 212) Not to repeat an oft-said comment but this won Best Picture? WTF x 1000 b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21Huge muthafukin' cosignage.b,121b, 21I've taken several classes on the politics of race and racism as a poli-sci major while an undergrad, and this film is such an embarassment. So many wtf moments. I was stunned when it won best pic. What a fukking outrage.

• I am Legend is f*cking shit, so it's a good job I didn't have to pay to see it

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121I bout' cried my eyes out when the little girl gets/sorta/doesn't get shot. b,121b, 21Coming from a father who has a little girl, that scene kinda hit home. b,121b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21Sure but it's completely some manipulative bullshit. F*ck that. b,121b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21I just saw this last week, never reading this thread, and shrugging off the hype about the awards. It came off very pretentious. End of thread.

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts
    img src="http://dvice.com/pics/garbage.jpg"1b, 21b, 21'nuff said