Pharoahe Monch- Appreciation

thesolelifethesolelife 369 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
I've been listening to this Internal Konfusion Mix- Best of Pharoahe Monch (maybe it was someone from here that did it) but that shit is dope. Pharoahe kills it and has been killin' it lyrically ever since OK. Aside from his Organized Konfusion days, my favorites:QueensMetal Thangz InnovationsIll Collabo Guerilla Monsoon RapYeah, I said it, rub on ya titties!!!

Comments

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    I whole heartedly agree...I can't wait for his next album to drop...He's one of the few I'll always check for.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    his verse on Metal Things is forever in my head...i always think twice since!

His last single "Desire" is not bad at all. ALC produced...I just hope he'll find a good deal and shop some nice beats so i can enjoy his latest effort. I never gave up on him. Internal Affairs was dope. Could have been better, but it was definitely my kind of schit. I hope i'll be able to reach him soon to lace him with some sonic fury...Dude is in my top 10 mcs since "Who stole my last piece of chicken". Nuff said. Hollywood Basic...Fudge Pudge. The best time in my life.

• thesolelifethesolelife 369 Posts
    Nuff said. Hollywood Basic...Fudge Pudge. The best time in my life.

Those days were

Memories, memories, memories

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Hes amazing. He changed my moms, pops, sis and grandmas outlook on hip-hop

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

His last single "Desire" is not bad at all. ALC produced...I just hope he'll find a good deal and shop some nice beats so i can enjoy his latest effort.

His album is dropping on june 26th.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    what ever happened to the p diddy collabo

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

well, there's the one (or is it two?) on diddy's last album where diddy basically serves as Monch's ventriloquist dummy

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i never checked out that lp all the way through. could you tell when pdiddy was saying pharoahs rhymes?

well, there's the one (or is it two?) on diddy's last album where diddy basically serves as Monch's ventriloquist dummy

Seeing that I never have touched that Diddy LP, I had to see what you were talking about.

UMMMM....

• What's up? I haven't posted in while, but I check often. Have you guys checked the mixtape, The Awakening . I know it's old by mixtape standards but, damn it's hot. Here it is.

http://www.clintonsparks.com/inthemix.html

The Gun Draws is my joint. Here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC2G3iQqPo0

Another video Monch performing Let's Go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxggJQU3L-g

Enjoy!

Peace

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Back when rap was new to me, Pharoah Monch was one of the rappers that blew my mind.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Large Pro's Stress Remix is in my top 5 hip hop tracks of all time!
    Monchi-chi is the MAN!

• Large Pro's Stress Remix is in my top 5 hip hop tracks of all time!
    Monchi-chi is the MAN!

Yo it's the verbal assult
    weapon with words uncanny
    You can fool me but I cannot fuck with Rudy
    Gulliani
    Press the panic button shit it's the schizophranic can it
    I can
    kill it from the West Coast to the Atlantic
    Nowadays it seems it's hard to
    maintain
    Can't take the stress yes God I'm going insane
    If you can fill
    my veins say "Yes"
    If you can feel the pain say "Stress"
    Pharoahe, I
    possess the skills to bring it to yor chest
    With lyrics and manifestation
    for the entire nation
    With his excellency Prince standing next to me
    And
    especially Extra P on the SP
    12 zero zero, I stand tall and be a hero
    In
    times of stress, the Pharoahe won't fess

Crush, kill, destroy, stress
    (Repeat 16x)

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    His album needs to come out.
    It was scheduled to drop in April, now it's pushed back to the end of June?

Large Pro's Stress Remix is in my top 5 hip hop tracks of all time!

SO WHAT I LEFT THE RHYMES ON MY DRESSER.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    "Technically" the best rapper of all time. Yeah I said it- on par with the classic 5 (Krs,Kane, Kool G, Rakim,LL) and better than nas and Jay-z. X 100

dude.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    "Technically" the best rapper of all time. Yeah I said it- on par with the classic 5 (Krs,Kane, Kool G, Rakim,LL) and better than nas and Jay-z. X 100

Well...I have to somehow agree. His style is indeed next level and totally awesome, while he is one of the most humble persons in the game i met. Totally dude. His album will have a track called "what it is" that is the shit. Plus the one where he sings like Tom Jones. It should have dropped already last year, but who the hell knows what steve r. is doin'...

Interesting how this appreciation post turned into stating that he is on par with your classic 5 (a great argument indeed)....however, should Jay-Z even be mentioned in this group?

Granted, Jay has skills but does he deserve "best rapper" status??? Or is/was that another post???

Interesting how this appreciation post turned into stating that he is on par with your classic 5 (a great argument indeed)....however, should Jay-Z even be mentioned in this group?

Granted, Jay has skills but does he deserve "best rapper" status??? Or is/was that another post???

eh. not real "interesting" actually. hang around here long enough and you'll notice a lot of unrelated posts devolved into "who's the GOAT or top five" b/w "Jay-Z is under-/over-rated and/or past his prime etc. PLUS lil Wayne bonus mentions"...

eh. not real "interesting" actually. hang around here long enough and you'll notice a lot of unrelated posts devolved into "who's the GOAT or top five" b/w "Jay-Z is under-/over-rated and/or past his prime etc. PLUS lil Wayne bonus mentions"...

touche

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

ok i'll change it to "my most favoritist ever"...