E - 40 - what the f@ck is he talking about?

francislaifrancislai 371 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
dam,just watched an unedited "west coast" documentary made by some random french dude. there is an interview with E-40, first time i ever heard him speak. the man may be good with slang, or excuse me, "sickwidit", but there is no way in hell the french dude interviewing him understands one word he said. the translation chain being e-40 to english to francais.smell me?when this DVD hits the marketplace it will be called "eyes on the westside".

Comments

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    definetly a huge point of pride for bay rappers.
    they cling to it real hard.

a friend of mine from (Sonoma Valley) Highschool is a DJ on the radio in the bay now and he has to interact with all these cats, i can only imagine how that interaction goes.
    DJ AMEN

geeky dude, but a true homie.
    definetly schooled me back then.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Feezie is not at all difficult to understand if you're from the Bay. Dude is an enunciation master. Listen to Keak if you want to hear what hard to understand sounds like.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    E40 is easy to understand if you grew up listening to him.

I had to turn on subtitles when I watched T Monk Strait No Chaser. I couldn't understand a word he was saying.

• francislaifrancislai 371 Posts

is this e-40?

the word balloon should be switched to "smell me"

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    definetly a huge point of pride for bay rappers.
    they cling to it real hard.

a friend of mine from (Sonoma Valley) Highschool is a DJ on the radio in the bay now and he has to interact with all these cats, i can only imagine how that interaction goes.
    DJ AMEN

geeky dude, but a true homie.
    definetly schooled me back then.

that's funny, there's a hip hop dj here who plays the radio sometimes but does a lot of the radio stations gigs around town, his name is DJ Amen. I kinda know him, he's also somewhat nerdy but cool.

As for e-40, yeah, he's easy enough to understand if you listen to his music, but I could see somebody being completely confused otherwise. he needs to drop the famed e-40 slanguage dictionary already.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    back in highschool i suggested him using the Impressions - Amen as his anthem. he just laughed.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I used to have bomb ass I.M.P. cd. RBL possee shout out on your homies myspace reminded me of that.

My name is too took but my iggies call me celski
    and not motherfuckin body can tell me...