God am I hot

Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Its 89 degrees in my apartment. There's no air moving even though I have two fans on. I can't sleep. Im sweating like crazy. Does the back of the air conditioner have to be out a window? I got an old one the dude before me left and I wanna plug it in, but dont want to be poisoned by carbon monoxide. God Im hot. And I dont have my shirt on. I always wear a shirt.

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Are you in NYC? man the summers are hot and humid there. Both times I've been there i have arrived when its been supper hmid. Over here in Oz it's hot and dry, but over there, the humidity is unbearable.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    saying
    I was in FL in the spring once and the humidity was killing me

try SoCal N***
    except there's Santa Ana weather which is hot and dry

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    yeah man Im in New York. I wont have access to an air conditioner until Thursday.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    except there's Santa Ana weather which is hot and dry

the santa ana makes me crazy. I start scratching itches that aren't there.

yeah man Im in New York. I wont have access to an air conditioner until Thursday.
    yeah. The summers there are relatively mild temperature wise, but the himidity is leathal. For the first three nights of my last stay in NYC i could not sleep because of the humidity. No aircon in our budget-ass hostel.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    yeah. The summers there are relatively mild temperature wise, but the himidity is leathal. For the first three nights of my last stay in NYC i could not sleep because of the humidity. No aircon in our budget-ass hostel.

humidity? try Tokyo.

Ok, so we've established that it's a 'my area is more humid than yours' fight to the death.

It seems like everywhere is more humid than Sydney. Even Brisbane is more humid than Sydney!

• humidity? try Tokyo.

Co-Sign

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    humidity? try Tokyo.

Co-Sign

Mushi atsui muthafuckas! Tokyo no natsu sugoi atsui deshou? I'll be there the last two weeks of July. Seattle has been in the mid 60s all week. Even when it does get hot here, there is almost no humidity. I love Seattle weather.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    God am I hot. Im sweating like crazy.
    God Im hot. And I dont have my shirt on. I always wear a shirt.

A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO!

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Is there a girl selling 45's in your apartment? Maybe that's why your hot and sweety!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    humidity? try Tokyo.

Co-Sign

Mushi atsui muthafuckas! Tokyo no natsu sugoi atsui deshou? I'll be there the last two weeks of July. Seattle has been in the mid 60s all week. Even when it does get hot here, there is almost no humidity. I love Seattle weather.
    cosign, Big Chan. Seattle/Tacoma weather is the best in the summer. Not too hot, not too cool. Just right. I grew up in South Jersey and the summers their are fuckin' hot and humid, esp. in the city. NYC in the summer is murder. I once heard a comedian said he started shooting in the air in the subway just to get a breeze from the people who ran past him. Have anyone ever been to South Korea in the summer? Heat is on hell over there. Right now I'm in GA and it's fuckin' ridiculously hot as well. Drink water.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Only one place worse I guess, Houston.

What about Austin?

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

What about Austin?

Not quite, but it's still very, very hot in Austin.

My hometown of Port Arthur, Texas is 3 feet above sea level. It's unbelievably nasty. The average heat index (how hot it feels with the humidity; the summer equivalent of the wind chill factor) is 110.

This is why I live in San Francisco, where 80 is a "heat wave."

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    God am I hot. Im sweating like crazy.

God Im hot. And I dont have my shirt on. I always wear a shirt.

A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO! A YO, NO HOMO!

Camron looks like he has 3 arms in that picture...(AYO!?)

In the future, the new bling will be limb additions.

• dj_netadj_neta 166 Posts

What about Austin?

Not quite, but it's still very, very hot in Austin.

My hometown of Port Arthur, Texas is 3 feet above sea level. It's unbelievably nasty. The average heat index (how hot it feels with the humidity; the summer equivalent of the wind chill factor) is 110.

This is why I live in San Francisco, where 80 is a "heat wave."

God bless the fog.

Bam, is your special friend listening here?!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Mark Ronson?

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    The 'Chid?

Mark Ronson?

No dog, it's all about initial-embroidered hankies for my special friends.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    No dog, it's all about initial-embroidered hankies for my special friends.

This is what is known as a very good look, one that turns "grown and sweaty" back into "grown and sexy."

NYC in the summer is murder. I once heard a comedian said he started shooting in the air in the subway just to get a breeze from the people who ran past him.

HA!

really though, La Jolla is da place to be in da summa.

NYC in the summer is murder. I once heard a comedian said he started shooting in the air in the subway just to get a breeze from the people who ran past him.

HA!

La Jolla. Isn't that the home of La Choy brand oriental food products?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

Does the back of the air conditioner have to be out a window?

yes, for the main reason is that it compresses air, removing the heat and that heat has to go somewhere, so it goes out the back...it would be 10x hotter in your place if the back wasnt out the window, it would be like having a heater and a blower on in your apartment.

HA!

"La Choy

Chinese meals and ingredients are at your fingertips with LaChoy brand foods. Since 1920, La Choy has created great ethnic flavor in convenient packages of chow mein noodles, sauces and vegetables.

Wally Smith and Ilhan New, two friends from the University of Michigan in Detroit, founded the La Choy brand in 1920. Smith had a grocery store in Detroit and wanted to sell bean sprouts. New, a Korean, knew how to grow them. They formed a business to can bean sprouts. The first La Choy plant was built in 1937. La Choy became a ConAgra Foods brand in 1990.

La Choy provides a creative palette of oriental flavors to accent your menu ranging from frozen egg rolls to canned oriental vegetables and sauces. We offer a complete line of Asian foods to foodservice operators.

LA CHOY: PRODUCT FACT SHEET

ESTABLISHED IN: 1920

LOOK FOR LA CHOY AT: Specialty food stores

Grocery stores

Restaurants and eating venues"

Dunno if you were making fun of La Jolla, (or if there is another city named La Jolla) but um I don't see any connection with La Choy.

HA!

duhhh, i have no idea.

i do know that it is the home of UCSD flip-flop wearin' softies, rich old white folk, hang-gliding mofos around torrey pines, and clean beaches. shit is pretty peaceful around there. although you'd have to head downtown for some action.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts

worst part of this weather = sweaty pillows

HA!

"La Choy
    Chinese meals and ingredients are at your fingertips with LaChoy brand foods. Since 1920, La Choy has created great ethnic flavor in convenient packages of chow mein noodles, sauces and vegetables.

Wally Smith and Ilhan New, two friends from the University of Michigan in Detroit, founded the La Choy brand in 1920. Smith had a grocery store in Detroit and wanted to sell bean sprouts. New, a Korean, knew how to grow them. They formed a business to can bean sprouts. The first La Choy plant was built in 1937. La Choy became a ConAgra Foods brand in 1990.

La Choy provides a creative palette of oriental flavors to accent your menu ranging from frozen egg rolls to canned oriental vegetables and sauces. We offer a complete line of Asian foods to foodservice operators.

Grocery stores

Dunno if you were making fun of La Jolla but um I don't see any connection with La Choy. No, not at all. I had a slight recollection, albeit an erroneous one, that La Choy was based in La Jolla.. Sorry, mane. That's the result of one to many alcoholic drinks.

• HA!

"La Choy

Grocery stores

Dunno if you were making fun of La Jolla, (or if there is another city named La Jolla) but um I don't see any connection with La Choy.

Alls I know is that LaChoy stuff is the wickety-wackety-ist faux Chinese food, and that I spent the first 25 years of my life pronouncing La Jolla like it rhymed with "holla"....

No problem, the word "Oriental" sets off red flags in my skull. Purely Pavlovian response (also due to my own overconsumption of alcoholic drinks over the years).

No problem, the word "Oriental" sets off red flags in my skull. Purely Pavlovian response.
    Excuse my use of the word oriental. Damn, I'm batting a 1000 today.

I spent the first 25 years of my life pronouncing La Jolla like it rhymed with "holla"....

nice.