Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    umm, yeah, only the whole world of boxing fans!!!

• no doubt man. i can't wait til may 4th!

just no talk of it yet on here (or none that i saw) so i thought i would throw it out there.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I am not a HUGE boxing fan, but I love me a good fight. Although, I don't recall seeing many boxing threads on here at all. The closest I've noticed is UFC/Pride threads....

Who you got? I'm thinking I gotta go with De La Hoya. It should be a damn good fight though either way.

• I am not a HUGE boxing fan, but I love me a good fight.

Same here.

I have to go with Floyd.

First of all he is from Grand Rapids, MI, my hometown, so I have to root for my guy. BUT, I will say that in the past, I've really never doubted Floyd in ANY fights and this time I have a little bit of a different feeling in my stomach. He is undefeated, and it's been easy for him b/c he is focused and is definitely one of the hardest working in the game. I can say the same thing about De La Hoya though.

I haven't got a chance to read up on specifics, but I'm guessing people are saying that it's a pretty even matchup w/ Mayweather having more speed and De La Hoya w/ a little more power.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I haven't got a chance to read up on specifics, but I'm guessing people are saying that it's a pretty even matchup

I don't think so.

I think Mayweather is heavily favored; I may be wrong.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I got heavy respect for the De La Hoya, but this is really no contest- Pretty Boy is gonna make mincemeat out of the Golden Boy. If it's even a close decision I will be shocked. Whitaker's skill level is just off the charts and De La Hoya is aging... he's gonna get beat to the punch time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again

This matchup is all about money, really... big name vs. big name = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Even with declining skills, De La Hoya is a huge draw. Whether he can be competitive or not is besides the point to the people who made this fight happen

Floyd Mayweather -210
    Oscar De La Hoya +165

• thanks, that makes sense.

my money will be on floyd, but i do think it will be close.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    I think Floyd's dad trains Oscar--does anyone know if it includes this fight?

• I think Floyd's dad trains Oscar--does anyone know if it includes this fight?

Nope. Mayweather Sr. wouldn't do it.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Yep!!!! I was trying to go see it live, but wifey wasn't wit' it. Floyd is gonna get in the Golden Boy's ass like a turd!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I got annoyed of Mayweather after watching those promotional clips.

I want Oscar to throw a mean body shot and stop this dude from dancing.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Trindad ended Oscar's career like 10 years ago.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    im stoked!!! i find it funny how mayweather is promoted via Golden Boy and Floyd just is straight clowning Oscar who in essence is like his boss.

Im thinking Mayweather by decision. Oscar will take a beating but he'll be standing.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Mayweather by split decision

Oscar knows he can knock Floyd out and will probably be too aggressive....Freddie Roach is a much better trainer than Mayweather Sr....I see Floyd getting knock on his ass but winning on points.....close fight....They probably have the rematch scheduled already

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    has anybody been watching hbo's 24-7? that shit has got me amped up for this.

the last episode where oscar is calling his 'celebrity' friends was cheesy as fuck.
    mayweather making it rain, betting 34large on basketball games!

has anybody been watching hbo's 24-7? that shit has got me amped up for this.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    I think this fight will be closer than y'all expect. I'll be rooting for the Golden Boy for the first time ever. Mayweather needs a chin-checking.

• Zab Judah gave Mayweather more problems in the first 5 rouunds of their fight, than I have ever seen anyone give him. The only reason is because Zab is a quick little bastard himself. All Mayweather has to is fight him like he fought Baldimir. It was boring but he got the win.

Mayweather will win and then become a part of the Golden Boy camp. Just like Mosley, Hopkins & I heard that Trinadad was trying.

The theme is beat my ass and I'll make you super rich.

My 2 cents

Peace