Where's Guzzo/Jewbacca?

magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
I was watching Talk Soup on E and i noticed they did a skit with a Jewish Chewbacca characterIt got me thinking about him Haven't seen him post in a while.Dude's got a lot of spunk normally I hope everythings ok with him.

Comments

• I was watching Talk Soup on E and i noticed they did a skit with a Jewish Chewbacca character
    It got me thinking about him
    Haven't seen him post in a while.
    Dude's got a lot of spunk normally
    I hope everythings ok with him.

was just thinking the same thing myself...

Guzzo/Jewbacca/Dabney Soulman: hope all is well. please to post your update/hello if possible.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    After my passionate defense of the second amendment in another thread, I believe I was mistaken to be a Guzzo alias.

I assure you all, I am not. And, Kitchenknight and Breakself having actually met me in person, I believe they can corroborate that.

And yeah, he was one of the personalities that made this place "sing", if you know what I mean.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Are you sure he didn't change his name in the great 2007 name-change thinger?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Are you sure he didn't change his name in the great 2007 name-change thinger?

Jewbacca

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    He's around/busy.

• Alot of the good characters are gone that pulled me in and that I now consider friends, adam, tsega, gary. It sucks.
    alot of these post superpoaster cats are
    that is all. peace.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    After my passionate defense of the second amendment in another thread, I believe I was mistaken to be a Guzzo alias.

You are far too adept a speller to ever be mistaken for A*am.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I am Jewbacca

surprise

I am Jewbacca

surprise

where do you work?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Alot of the good characters are gone that pulled me in and that I now consider friends, adam, tsega, gary. It sucks.
    that is all. peace.

Honestly, I've read Soulstrut off and on for a good five years before posting, and from a reader's standpoint, it certainly has changed. Many good folk have walked away, due to social politics, real world moves, or circumstances beyond their control, among other things.

Here's a little flashback moment - who remembers when Raj sent out invites to a party at the SS mansion? I couldn't make the trip at the time (no car), but I appreciated the fact that dude sent me an invite anyway. And I was only lurking at that point. There seemed to be a greater sense of community then, or at least for a while.

I think it can happen again.

I am Jewbacca

surprise

where do you work?

PBS

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    There seemed to be a greater sense of community then, or at least for a while.

I think it can happen again.

As much as I'd like that to be true, I doubt it will ever happen again. This place has gotten too big.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I am Jewbacca

surprise

where do you work?

PBS

and has ushered in _______s like this.

I am Jewbacca

surprise

where do you work?

PBS

nope
    Home and Garden Network
    liaaar

I am Jewbacca

surprise

where do you work?

PBS

nope
    Home and Garden Network
    liaaar

Nah, son. I done switched networks - didn't you hear?

(Well shit -- hey at least I had a good enough guess that it was a TV network)

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Alot of the good characters are gone that pulled me in and that I now consider friends, adam, tsega, gary. It sucks.
    that is all. peace.

Here's a little flashback moment - who remembers when Raj sent out invites to a party at the SS mansion?

You have been lurking here for a minute!!!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    AP gave me a call and let me know that folks actually missed me. Truth is I've had a few things going on in the real world that are pretty heavy in a real serious way and lately soulstrut just wasn't really doing it for me. Once Dizzybull left I kinda felt like the tone of the board changed. the lighter side of soulstrut seems to have been replaced with too much negativity for me to want to participate. I still check in but only from time to time and mostly to see what people are putting up on set sales and eBay.

That Jewish Chewbacca character on E! is a blatant rip off. If Joel wasn't a sexy hunk of funny I'd be one pissed off wookie.

whats good with you people?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Hey man!

good to see you back.

im an irregular strutter now as well...

Co sign on dizzy, i miss that dude.

you still want that JOE?

ebbs and flows fellas, ebbs and flows.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

these words have meant a lot. And the topic that started this has forced me to become a better man.

J.O.E. is a neccesity

I'll hit you on the PM

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

these words have meant a lot. And the topic that started this has forced me to become a better man.

J.O.E. is a neccesity

I'll hit you on the PM

What happened to DIzzy?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    He got asshurt about being ignored and banned himself.

Now he's over on waxidermy.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    He got asshurt about being ignored and banned himself.

Now he's over on waxidermy.

you said you ignore him months ago. do a lot of other people?

btw--are those records unwarpable/worth it?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yeah it all went down a few months back. I'll PM you from the shop about that other thing.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Where the hell is Shig?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Once Dizzybull left I kinda felt like the tone of the board changed. the lighter side of soulstrut seems to have been replaced with too much negativity for me to want to participate.

What happened to DIzzy?

I just have him a call to tell him to get back on here!

that is all. peace.

• Once Dizzybull, guzzo, aspirin, shig, and ap left I kinda felt like the tone of the board changed. the lighter side of soulstrut seems to have been replaced with too much misguided negativity for me to want to participate.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Where the hell is Shig?
    ANNOUNCEMENTS

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    Where the hell is Shig?
    ANNOUNCEMENTS

the announcements section is like being able to walk around on soulstrut with your shoes off practicing your dance moves in the mirror with a drink in your hand.

it's just looser. just saying.